FASTER Movie Driver Jacket

If there is a particular jacket that you would like to find more information about, please enter it in this section. We will work at trying to get the information added to the site.

Moderator: Mike

army.vet

FASTER Movie Driver Jacket

Postby army.vet » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:43 am

Anybody have a lead on Driver's black leather jacket worn by Dwayne Johnson in the new movie Faster (2010). Great picture on the website. Looks very clean and classic.
http://fasterthemovie.com/#/home/

Kittlemeier

Re: FASTER Movie Driver Jacket

Postby Kittlemeier » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:57 am

Looks a lot like his jacket from Walking Tall which was made by The Original Leather Factory, minus the chest pocket and snap cuffs. Zipper pull is on the American side, but they've made X3 jackets with that set up. I'd check with them.

Otherwise, looks like it was filmed at least partially in California. Doesn't look like Logan's preferred Riri zippers but does look like the zippers Nowak uses, and it was filming before his passing so that's another possibility.

On another note, love The Heavy. That's their song playing on the Faster page.
"I am reminded that if ignorance is a wellspring of fear, righteousness is its favorite refuge."

army.vet

Postby army.vet » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:01 pm

So far it is neither Jonathan Logan nor Milos (Original Leather Factory). Stunt doubles used an "M. Julian" jacket (Wilson's Leather...I think) that is different than the one worn by Dwayne Johnson in the principal role.
Milos had the following to contribute:
"The body is more fitted and a little shorter. There is an action back at the back shoulder.The action back allows him to move a little more freely because it is more fitted meaning closer to the body. Also the sleeve is fitted with no cuff. The pockets are a little different 3/4 slash pockets versus slash button type and no chest pocket. The leather is a medium weight cowhide because the drape is a little lighter, the weight of this leather is around a .09 mm."
Milos is amazing, I may just go with a custom from him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

army.vet

Postby army.vet » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:57 am

Just an update that I won the auction for the "Faster" movie Driver (Dwayne Johnson) screen worn outfit. The jacket does not have a tag or manufacturer, but is everything that I was looking for! I have placed the remaining outfit up for auction on ebay if anybody is interested. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 817wt_1141
Item # 250755498872.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:36 pm

Slick win, my friend!
ArmyVet,
So you won the auction to wear the jacket, as it must fit then? We must see view the jacket in the members section if it does :wink: .
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

army.vet

Postby army.vet » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:57 pm

Thanks. The jacket is in perfect condition. But the jacket is a size too large for me. After all, Dwayne Johnson is a big boy, and I am not of Samoan descent! But, I have sent the jacket off to Milos Basara at The Original Leather Factory for custom alterations. I have ordered from him before, and he does exceptional work! I will post the pics once I receive the jacket back from him. I cannot wait!

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:02 pm

That's a bold choice, but I can't say I'm not curious to see the results. :cool:
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

Qinhan

Postby Qinhan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:23 pm

Congratulations on winning the jacket and please do post pics after you've had the alterations done. I love the simple design of this jacket and would love to get a repro made.

army.vet

Postby army.vet » Mon May 02, 2011 10:01 pm

So happy with Milos' work, yet again! The Original Leather Factory is amazing! Just took some images. Enjoy! I have!

army.vet

Postby army.vet » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:44 pm

Unfortunately, financial concerns have me posting this item for auction. Please see listing on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252431200805

army.vet

Postby army.vet » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:32 pm

army.vet

Postby army.vet » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:53 pm

Return to “Jacket Requests and Information”