Ryan Gosling's jacket in Blue Valentine

If there is a particular jacket that you would like to find more information about, please enter it in this section. We will work at trying to get the information added to the site.

Moderator: Mike

Marmite

Ryan Gosling's jacket in Blue Valentine

Postby Marmite » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:25 am

scavenger

Re: Ryan Gosling's jacket in Blue Valentine

Postby scavenger » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:56 am

I think it was on imdb someone pointed out it's an old Honda racing jacket. I've seen photos of Ryan Gosling wearing it out in public after the film was released so I think he either supplied his own costume or got to keep the jacket after the film wrapped.

By the way, amazing film - 9/10.

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:41 pm

That's an amazing jacket, and if it is a personal item that the costuming department did not create, then I want to venture to say that it's an extremely rare jacket. I couldn't find anything earlier on it, not from Honda anyways.
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

scavenger

Postby scavenger » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:08 am

I've been searching high and low now for that last few days going through interviews with the cast and director and can't find anything about the jacket. I revisited imdb to look for the original post but couldn't find any info. I've searched through vintage jacket websites for matching details like the red and white under-laying, ribbed arms etc nada.

I think until Ryan or Derek state where they got it from we'll probably never know.

On a side note, I definitely think they went thrift store hunting for it. The budget on the film was only 3 million and I notice the characters only wear a few different outfits, as is the case in real life. The jacket seems very snug on Ryan. The sleeves only just reach the wrist, he never does it up and the back ends just slightly above his ribs. If it wasn't for the jumper he wears underneath it would look a little dis-proportioned. Not that these are bad things, they just lead me to think it was a case of taking what they could get rather than getting the perfect fitting jacket.

scavenger

Postby scavenger » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:32 am

I found some high resolution images if anyone is good at spotting detail like zips and buttons that might help identify it.

http://celebophile.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/ryan-gosling-2.jpg

This one is the best for detail.

http://revistabeta.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/15518.jpeg

jonny

Postby jonny » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:34 pm

Did anyone ever make any headway on this one?

tommy_howard

Postby tommy_howard » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:54 pm

Any luck anyone? I've been searching for months now...

I found this but too scared to order after reading the hall of shame! It feels like one of the sites that cannot be trusted:
http://famousjackets.com/blue-valentine ... acket.html

jonny

Postby jonny » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:23 pm

Still really want to find this one. Anyone have any luck?

jonny

Postby jonny » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:33 pm

Has anyone made any headway on this one?

Return to “Jacket Requests and Information”