Dark Knight Rises: Bane's bomber trench

If there is a particular jacket that you would like to find more information about, please enter it in this section. We will work at trying to get the information added to the site.

Moderator: Mike

TheStuntman

Re: Dark Knight Rises: Bane's bomber trench

Postby TheStuntman » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Yeah,
Like I said, this jacket looks unfinished...because it is. The costume dept distressed the jackets as they did the Wayne Cycle Jackets on TDK. I believe the pockets were canvas. They MAY have been waxed. I only held the jackets a few times and tried it on once. Needless to say its not a good jacket to put on when someone has been sweating in it in the Pittsburgh heat. Ehhh...gross :facepalm:

Stunt :grin:
"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:59 pm

Cole wrote:Looking at JLA's Shop gallery it appears to me, that our friend and member mb1101 has a side job as JLA's personal Shop-Modell. :lol: :wink:

Completely Agree!

Stunt :lol:

Aragorn658

Postby Aragorn658 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:10 pm

ewwwwwwwwwww

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hosam_alghamdi/7648206626/

this jacket it looks awful!

Aragorn658

Postby Aragorn658 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:30 am

http://www.hollywoodleatherjackets.com/ ... acket.html

this looks okay. not SA but its more casual, but i think this website is crummy from what ive heard

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:32 am

Aragorn658 wrote:http://www.hollywoodleatherjackets.com/products/The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Bane-Replica-Jacket.html

this looks okay. not SA but its more casual, but i think this website is crummy from what ive heard

You're not wrong mate. This is the description of their "Tom Cruise Oblivion leather jacket". Guarantee at least one WTF when you're done reading....

Oblivion Jack Harper Leather Jacket - Style Backed By Rough Attitude

Blazed of wearing the same style of jackets over and over again? Step up and get yourself an outerwear which is a resultant of novel and pioneering thoughts of the contemporary fashion designers of our era – Oblivion Leather Jacket. Would be seen by viewers being sported by Tom Cruise reprising the role as Jack Harper, the Jack Harper Jacket cuddles the clout to tempt the attention of the gathering all-around. This Oblivion Suede jacket is manufactured from the world’s premium quality imported leather showing no-negotiation over the quality and excellence of this piece. It features a fully zipped front closure, shirt style collar and zipped cuffs which are intended to spice up your personality. The neat stitching of this Tom Cruise leather jacket advocates for the finesse of our craftsmen. Carry this Jack Harper leather jacket and rule of the world of fashion.

"the Jack Harper Jacket cuddles the clout to tempt the attention of the gathering all-around"

:hairpull: :thinking: :facepalm:
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

Aragorn658

Postby Aragorn658 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:04 pm

but honestly this bane design is cool, if it was aged it would be great.

Opiateofthemasses

Postby Opiateofthemasses » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:35 am

Hey guys, newbie here. So if I understand this correctly, Logan's Closet is trying to replicate this jacket right now? I really, really want one of these.

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:30 pm

Hey Bud
Well actually THAT jacket doesn't look like it's gonna be made anytime soon and would cost around $1000-1200. So these would be produced like a commissioned project. Case by case basis. It just doesn't make financial sense to make a batch of them when the price point is so high. There are a lot of cheap replicas made out there, SOME are pretty good on details too.

But also it doesn't make sense for us to compete, when you can just buy the original jacket from the original maker anyway.
http://jonathanalogan.com/image-gallery/movie-star-jackets/bain.html

Stunt :twisted:

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Cole wrote:Looking at JLA's Shop gallery it appears to me, that our friend and member mb1101 has a side job as JLA's personal Shop-Modell. :lol: :wink:

:lol: Very cool, indeed.
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

Opiateofthemasses

Postby Opiateofthemasses » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:08 pm

TheStuntman wrote:Hey Bud
Well actually THAT jacket doesn't look like it's gonna be made anytime soon and would cost around $1000-1200. So these would be produced like a commissioned project. Case by case basis. It just doesn't make financial sense to make a batch of them when the price point is so high. There are a lot of cheap replicas made out there, SOME are pretty good on details too.

But also it doesn't make sense for us to compete, when you can just buy the original jacket from the original maker anyway.
http://jonathanalogan.com/image-gallery/movie-star-jackets/bain.html

Well, you also have to consider that the origional maker is gonna charge $4000 per coat lol. I emailed him last night, and thats what he just told me.

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Hmm,
Maybe we might rethink a bit. JAL is a small time operation with very few employees. So I don't blame him on that price.

Opiateofthemasses

Postby Opiateofthemasses » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:05 pm

TheStuntman wrote:Hmm,
Maybe we might rethink a bit. JAL is a small time operation with very few employees. So I don't blame him on that price.

Ya he seems like a pretty good guy. He said that the jacket was just very complicated. Im sure there's also some level of markup due to the fact that the movie just came out and all...

That said, if you guys can NAIL down the details of that thing, I'm sure that even at a grand you could sell a few. The whole "make to order" thing sounds like a solid plan for something at that price.

Aragorn658

Postby Aragorn658 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:17 pm

http://www.hollywoodleatherjackets.com/ ... acket.html

I think that this copy although not screen accurate is still cool. I like these side pockets better than the fabric ones and again if it was aged it would be easier to pull off in public lol. I'm also gunna fire the gun on it I just cant beat that price on either website, but then again I wont need a winter coat for a few months but i live outside chicago and this year i wanna go all out and get a warm as hell coat. Has anything good ever come from this dealer?

http://www.celebsclothing.com/products/ ... -Coat.html

chuchu33

Postby chuchu33 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:30 pm

I saw a similar jacket here: http://www.celebsclothing.com/products/ ... -Coat.html that actually looks a little better (they have a more accurate cuff strap detail), but from reviews I've seen of all the sites mentioned both around the web and on this forum, I would be wary to drop $200 for one of these jackets. It's a shame, too, because I'm really looking seriously for a reasonable jacket of this kind to complete my costume and to wear in general.

Are any of the more reputable replica makers out there planning on making a jacket like this? Or will I have to chance it with one of these sites or one of the numerous eBay auctions?

Opiateofthemasses

Postby Opiateofthemasses » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:58 pm

DON'T purchase from those sites. Those pictures are ripped off of another website called www.banepants.com

If you want that jacket go there.

Return to “Jacket Requests and Information”