Dark Knight Rises: Bane's bomber trench

If there is a particular jacket that you would like to find more information about, please enter it in this section. We will work at trying to get the information added to the site.

Moderator: Mike

chuchu33

Re: Dark Knight Rises: Bane's bomber trench

Postby chuchu33 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:17 pm

Can you (or anybody) vouch for their quality? Any other places to buy larger sized jackets?

Opiateofthemasses

Postby Opiateofthemasses » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:30 pm

chuchu33 wrote:Can you (or anybody) vouch for their quality? Any other places to buy larger sized jackets?

Check around this other forum a bit, theres quite a few ppl that have bought the banepants stuff, and a couple that got screwed over by the other shoddy ripoffs that were listed.

This is one of the older threads btw, there are newer ones up.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthr ... 15&page=13

The quality of the jacket seems good for the money, but as for screen accuracy, there are quite a few differences between it, and the genuine article. I was gonna get one myself till I saw some of the real jackets production pics on here, and talked with the original maker a bit. I'm personally waiting to see what Stunt and the Logans Closet guys come up with.

chuchu33

Postby chuchu33 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:15 pm

Awesome, thanks.

Aragorn658

Postby Aragorn658 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:17 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Its a hard decision because i love both of his jackets and his other one someone is making with motorcycle gear inside or pads and thats not gunna work for me so I guess anyway i look at it im screwed.

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Aragorn658 wrote:Thanks for the heads up. Its a hard decision because i love both of his jackets and his other one someone is making with motorcycle gear inside or pads and thats not gunna work for me so I guess anyway i look at it im screwed.

Hey Aragorn
The motorcycle pads in the Bane Mercenary Jacket DON'T effect the jacket at all and you can take them out easily. And at least some of the Belstaff jackets we had on set DID include pads due to the motorcycle chase.

Stunt :twisted:
"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

Aragorn658

Postby Aragorn658 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:48 pm

so i'm going to end up paying extra for pads I don't need and extra cost of the jacket overall?

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:16 pm

Aragorn,
You're kinda getting ahead of yourself. The pads do NOT effect the look of this jacket. And I don't think there is an extra charge for the pads anyway. The placement pockets for them are part of the jacket's interior design anyway. Remember the Belstaff original was a cycle riding jacket to begin with. The way I figure, the pads were removed out of the jacket in scenes where they were not necessary.

Just relax, you haven't even seen the prototype yet. If you want to continue THIS discussion please take it to the Bane Jacket 1 thread.
Stunt :twisted:
"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

Aragorn658

Postby Aragorn658 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:34 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bane-Dark-Knigh ... 3a77e15b01

this looks alright to me compared to the cosplay crappy ones, but they also sound pretty confident about it being a actual jacket and not just for a costume

Opiateofthemasses

Postby Opiateofthemasses » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:59 pm

Aragorn658 wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bane-Dark-Knight-Rises-Leather-Jacket-Coat-Swedish-Bomber-Costume-MEDIUM-/251119360769?pt=US_Costumes&hash=item3a77e15b01

this looks alright to me compared to the cosplay crappy ones, but they also sound pretty confident about it being a actual jacket and not just for a costume

Then just buy the thing already man.

Aragorn658

Postby Aragorn658 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Oh, I didn't realize I was bugging you.

Opiateofthemasses

Postby Opiateofthemasses » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:35 pm

Aragorn658 wrote:Oh, I didn't realize I was bugging you.

Well when you keep trying to get people who are utterly obsessed with authenticity to tell you that a crappy substitute is good, so you can justify your impatience and just get something... Yeah a bit. Also this is like your 5th post of that nature. If you want something ASAP that badly then yes go for something like what you posted, a lot of people here are more about spending extra, and waiting longer for the sake of quality...but you already knew that.

Comedian03

Postby Comedian03 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:43 pm

Seems like you're being a little harsh man. All he's doing is discussing different versions of the jacket from different vendors, which is kind of what this forum is all about to begin with. I don't see anything wrong with him posting links to different versions of the jacket, otherwise how else are we suppose to discuss the jacket, get peoples opinions on the quality, accuracy, etc. If it really bugs you that much then just don't read or reply to the posts until someone posts something that interests you.

As for the coat itself, surprisingly doesn't look too bad considering it's faux leather, but it looks to be a thick jacket. The main thing I'd be worried about is the shoulders and sleeves, it looks like they weren't properly sewn together, looks a little wonky. The sleeves aside, I think with some distressing it would actually look pretty decent for what it is. There's definitely going to be a lot worse ones popping up on eBay for more money.

Opiateofthemasses

Postby Opiateofthemasses » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:00 pm

Comedian03 wrote:Seems like you're being a little harsh man. All he's doing is discussing different versions of the jacket from different vendors, which is kind of what this forum is all about to begin with. I don't see anything wrong with him posting links to different versions of the jacket, otherwise how else are we suppose to discuss the jacket, get peoples opinions on the quality, accuracy, etc. If it really bugs you that much then just don't read or reply to the posts until someone posts something that interests you.

Thanks for explaining what a forum is. I appearantly just have a lower than normal tolerance level for crap anymore. Apologies.

Comedian03

Postby Comedian03 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:09 am

Opiateofthemasses wrote:Thanks for explaining what a forum is. I appearantly just have a lower than normal tolerance level for crap anymore. Apologies.

Welcome to the internet lol. But I digress, this thread is for a jacket, not a place for us or anyone to get into petty arguments.

Indy Magnoli

Postby Indy Magnoli » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:46 pm

I don't think I had a chance to post this before I left on my vacation, but here the Bane coat we finished recently:

ImageImage

Close up of the pocket detail and distressing:

Bigger pictures of the full coat and more info on my site: Bane Coat by Magnoli Clothiers

Kind regards,
Magnoli
+Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam+
http://www.magnoliclothiers.com

Return to “Jacket Requests and Information”