Walking Dead Spike Promo Andrew Lincoln "Rick" Jacket..HELP!

If there is a particular jacket that you would like to find more information about, please enter it in this section. We will work at trying to get the information added to the site.

Moderator: Mike

Comedian03

Re: Walking Dead Spike Promo Andrew Lincoln "Rick" Jacket..H

Postby Comedian03 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:12 pm

oldboy wrote:Comedian03, what size do you wear in these jackets? I only ask because if its Medium for example you could always use the material for the Levi's cord jacket I used for mine and they actually still have a couple available on eBay. Beyond that, the cord jacket I used to alter mine still has a lot of material left over if you're interested in using it for spare parts for the cord part. I wouldn't charge you for it if you wanted the leftover material, you'd just have to pay for shipping. Outside of that it doesn't sound like a bad idea. Removing the flap to the other pocket goes a long way to making it match, but the other thing you might want to consider is altering the vertical straps underneath the pocket. The two main differences I noticed between the Tobacco Field and other truckers are the asymmetrical pockets of course, but one other detail as well:

See how underneath the pocket on the Tobacco field jacket it only has one strip of vertical cloth running from the bottom of the pocket all the way down? Now look at the same strip running down in the same area from a standard trucker:

See that there? Instead of one vertical strip of clothing, the standard trucker almost always had two.

Of course, there might always be some other design aesthetic differences, but all that matters is that you;re happy with the end results. So if there's anything I could do help, please don;t hesitate to ask :grin:

I've always gone a Little back and forth with the concept of a "close enough jacket" but sometimes it's just too hard to wait such a long time to get the Real McCoy as it were. I had a Magnoli M229 for about a year before I finally got a legit one (props to Kittlemeier and jackbauerhear :grin: ) But depending on how determined to find a legit Levis Tobacco field, I know it's a rough search, but if it helps the few I've found were not listed on eBay as Levis Tobacco Filed jacket. I mean, you always want to search that term, but I even go so far as to just search for "Levi's trucker" under Men's Clothing, then refine it by color to include Beige, Brown, multi-colored and Non-Specified. You might end up browsing a couple hundred listings a day, but I tell you it's worth it once you find one, just have faith :grin:

I'm not sure what size I am in these jackets, I've never tried on a Levis trucker jacket before. But in the Carhartt jacket I'm a Medium so probably a Medium in these as well.

I'd defnitely be interested in the material, send me a PM about it if you don't mind. I'm not sure how easy it would be to alter the seams running along the bottom of the pockets, or if it would even be possible without basically reconstructing the whole jacket.

My main reason for going with a close-enough jacket is time really. I like the jacket, but I'm not on eBay every day searching for one, I get up for work at 4am, and don't get home until 8pm at night, so it's really only on the weekends that I spend any amount of time online.

Comedian03

Postby Comedian03 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:52 pm

My Carhartt came in on Monday, finally got around to taking some pics. It's really stiff, like any brand new Carhartt jacket is, but I think it's going to make a really nice close-enough jacket.

Having some problems with imageshack so I only managed to get a couple pictures of it.

I'm not sure when I'll start making alterations to it, but I'll keep you guys updated as I do

Indy Magnoli

Postby Indy Magnoli » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:24 pm

Just finished our version of this jacket:

+Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam+
http://www.magnoliclothiers.com

jkeene71

Postby jkeene71 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:02 am

Wow! Looks great! :thumbsup: I may have found my jacket for next spring :thinking: better start saving now!
Banana Republic Die Hard 4
Bill Kelso Surrogates Californian size 44,
The Town Carhartt jacket size 44,
Steele & Jones horsehide Last Crusade

Aragorn658

Postby Aragorn658 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:34 pm

Indy I know you have a custom shop, but have you ever considered carrying jackets in a sizes for the general public? Im just wondering if that would cut costs or would you offer a cheaper version of this jacket?

shaneoftheroad

Re: Walking Dead Spike Promo Andrew Lincoln "Rick" Jacket..HELP!

Postby shaneoftheroad » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:58 pm

I've lost 50 pounds over the past 3 months, which should be great news. But I tried on the jacket this morning and it swallowed me whole. It's an XL and I'm now a large. So all that work and now it doesn't even fit. But I'm glad I dropped the weight. Anyway, I'm more open to selling this one now, posting across a few forums. It really is the closest match you're gonna get. The yoke is the same brown corduroy as Rick's, which was a custom modification. The original yoke was an orange-y canvas. The "Levis" buttons have been replaced with the same style as the ones on the show. All "Levis" markings have been removed from the exterior of the jacket (it's still written across the inner pocket and on the tag). The work was done by an experienced seamstress.

The jacket with modifications cost me a pretty penny. I had no idea the jacket itself was so rare. But if you're an XL and you need an authentic replica, feel free to shoot me a message or an email with offers. roadlogic@gmail.com

-Shane

P.S. I'm fivebyfivestudios on eBay. I'll gladly list there if you guys wanna go at it and have some more security. Let me know what you wanna do.

This is how it used to fit me. I apologize for the dark lighting, the jacket's true color can be seen in the photos after this one.

PackRedman

Postby PackRedman » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:24 am

Hi there,
Can you post some measurements of the jacket please. Im pretty curious.

Thanks,
Sam
Alexander Leathers Arkansas
Barbour To Ki To Sports Jacket
Belstaff S Icon ("Inglorious Basterds") Jacket
Tannery Wanted
Dunderdon & HHI Waxed Suede Welder Jacket

shaneoftheroad

Postby shaneoftheroad » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:39 pm

Collar to waist: 27 inches
Shoulders: 21 inches
Sleeve length: 26 inches
Pit to pit: 26 inches

I've had some offers but I'm leaving it open for another few days.

tenaciousbt

Postby tenaciousbt » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:32 pm

I just finished my Rick replica. I still have to change the buttons. :) Finding the exact right color for the donor jacket was very hard but the donor jacket is the exact same style. Trust me, all levi's corduroys are not even close to the same, even if they are the same size, but I found one in the exact same style (dimensions) as Rick's Levi's and the right color. It took longer than getting the Rick jacket itself. LOL BTW mine is a size large and fits me perfect. I usually wear a medium. :)

Donor Jacket

Andy B

Postby Andy B » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:28 am

Well done, tenaciousbt. Looks great on you. :thumbsup:
Belstaff Hero (bison) in Large: War of the Worlds
Belstaff Legend in Small: I am Legend
Belstaff H Racer in Large: Borne Legacy
Belstaff Six Days Blouson in Medium

tenaciousbt

Postby tenaciousbt » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:30 am

Andy B wrote:Well done, tenaciousbt. Looks great on you. :thumbsup:

THANKS! :thumbsup:

Razor

Postby Razor » Sun May 07, 2017 8:32 am

tenaciousbt wrote:I just finished my Rick replica. I still have to change the buttons. :) Finding the exact right color for the donor jacket was very hard but the donor jacket is the exact same style. Trust me, all levi's corduroys are not even close to the same, even if they are the same size, but I found one in the exact same style (dimensions) as Rick's Levi's and the right color. It took longer than getting the Rick jacket itself. LOL BTW mine is a size large and fits me perfect. I usually wear a medium. :)

Donor Jacket

Wow, how did I miss this? It looks great! As for the buttons, only replace the top two buttons on the corduroy, the rest of the buttons used in the series are actually the original buttons. Also, the original buttons are way way better than the replacement buttons that you're able to buy.

Return to “Jacket Requests and Information”