Walking Dead Spike Promo Andrew Lincoln "Rick" Jacket..HELP!

If there is a particular jacket that you would like to find more information about, please enter it in this section. We will work at trying to get the information added to the site.

Moderator: Mike

TheExit148

Re: Walking Dead Spike Promo Andrew Lincoln "Rick" Jacket..H

Postby TheExit148 » Mon May 06, 2013 10:29 am

Jared_nomak wrote:I just managed to snag myself one of these in medium and just waiting for it to arrive now. To be added to my huge list of recently purchased jackets
Ross

Did you find the medium on ebay? I have been searching for a long time for one.

Jared_nomak

Postby Jared_nomak » Mon May 06, 2013 11:14 am

TheExit148 wrote:
Jared_nomak wrote:I just managed to snag myself one of these in medium and just waiting for it to arrive now. To be added to my huge list of recently purchased jackets
Ross

Did you find the medium on ebay? I have been searching for a long time for one.

I searched on google looking for photos of the jacket as Levi's field Jacket and found on on some forum in Canada, contacted the guy and bought it
I've found a lot of stuff in the past I wanted this way
Ross
Think it's costing me about 80 dollars
If you are selling any of these:
Layer Cake Jacket
Lockout Jacket
Kirk Diesel jacket L
Total Recall - All Saints 40
Blade Runner Decker Coat
Blade Runner 2049 coat
RIPD Jacket gstar
Belstaff dark knight
Belstaff wow
Belstaff indy

Aragorn658

Postby Aragorn658 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:26 pm

Thats it, I give the hell up. I'm not going to be apart of the stupid bid war that will be completely ridiculous when one of these do appear on ebay, that this point I wish I already had one to sell and have people pay something extreme. This is what I already own and I think its a close enough

http://www.dillards.com/product/Levi%C2 ... _502477213

TheExit148

Postby TheExit148 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:34 pm

Aragorn658 wrote:Thats it, I give the hell up. I'm not going to be apart of the stupid bid war that will be completely ridiculous when one of these do appear on ebay, that this point I wish I already had one to sell and have people pay something extreme. This is what I already own and I think its a close enough

http://www.dillards.com/product/Levi%C2 ... _502477213

Get this jacket instead. It's the Levi's X Filson jacket (in beige). I have it, and it is one of the best jackets I own. Looks close to the Tobacco Field jacket. It's made in USA, it's waxed, and made of Filson's Tin Cloth.

Not sure on sizing anymore, as I read somewhere they adjusted the sizing from the "slim fit" Levi's truckers, to more of the standard size truckers. I have a medium, and it fits me perfect; nice a fitted and is the right length at all the places.

oldboy

Postby oldboy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:22 am

So, not long ago I acquired one of these lovely jackets from a member of FJ, and decided to go about altering it. I decided to use the existing yoke from a different Levi's cord trucker jacket to do the alterations and I really couldn't be more pleased with the results. Here are some indoor pics of the final result:

The lighting is a bit off in the indoor pics, took one outside earlier today which shows the contrast of the colors a bit more naturally:

And finally, the following is a pic of the cord jacket I used for spare parts for the alteration. It might be useful for anyone looking to do the same as these pop up on eBay from time to time, in fact there's a Medium up there right now. The seamstress I took it to said it was a pretty standard job as all the stitching and dimensions were identical moving from the Cord Trucker to the Tobacco field jacket so it was merely a matter of transplanting the material.

"In answer to your question, am I above the law? No, sir. I am more than willing to be judged by the people you claim to represent. I will let them decide what price I should pay. But please do not sit there with that smug look on your face and expect me to regret the decisions that I have made. Because, sir, the truth is, I don't." --Jack Bauer, Senate Hearing, Day 7: 8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m.

CRB

Postby CRB » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:03 am

How brilliant!
And how ironic that this is the first thread I read after the other thread regarding a sour deal about one of these. Perhaps you should buy a few of these up and convert them, there sounds like a huge demand for them out there and you could make a ton of cash !
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

oldboy

Postby oldboy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:53 am

Really I'm just glad to have gotten one, and before Halloween, no less. I'll always be on the lookout for another XL because I'd love to have two. The thought had crossed my mind to buy one to flip (interstingly enough I had been watching the auction where ReturningSon had acquired the Medium he had sold) but I'd probably sell them unaltered. The jacket I used for parts runs $90 currently, between that and the alt costs and the running around it'd hardly be worth it unless I was able to mark it up another $250 or so above current resale value. For now I'm just content to let anyone else know that wants to alter theirs where they might take a look for materials, it'd be nice to see a lot of people wearing the Rick jacket as seen on the show.
"In answer to your question, am I above the law? No, sir. I am more than willing to be judged by the people you claim to represent. I will let them decide what price I should pay. But please do not sit there with that smug look on your face and expect me to regret the decisions that I have made. Because, sir, the truth is, I don't." --Jack Bauer, Senate Hearing, Day 7: 8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m.

jkeene71

Postby jkeene71 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:34 am

Looks Great! Much better than before in my opinion. Glad it worked out for you!
Banana Republic Die Hard 4
Bill Kelso Surrogates Californian size 44,
The Town Carhartt jacket size 44,
Steele & Jones horsehide Last Crusade

Kittlemeier

Postby Kittlemeier » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:56 am

That looks much better than the one in the show. Great idea, well executed.
"I am reminded that if ignorance is a wellspring of fear, righteousness is its favorite refuge."

oldboy

Postby oldboy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:45 pm

Thank you for the kind words, gents, and thank you jkeene71 for helping me on this quest!

I digress, but did anyone notice the crossbody bag that Rick was wearing in the season premiere? Don't have any screencaps at the moment, but it looked an awful lot like the Rothco messenger bag that Kiefer made famous for wearing on "24"...

Comedian03

Postby Comedian03 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:37 am

Frustration is setting in so I've decided to take matters into my own hands with this jacket lol
I'm going to attempt to make a close enough/hybrid jacket.

I've been looking for a new winter jacket, and came across the Carhartt J233, it's a denim trucker style jacket like the Levis one, but it's got the durability of a Carhartt jacket that I was looking for, and it has a sherpa lining for the winter.

So I took the dive and ordered one from their site yesterday, once it arrives I'm going to buy some brown corduroy fabric and have a seamstress transplant the material to the upper chest area, and have the chest pocket flap removed.

It wont be an exact match obviously, but I think it will be a pretty cool "close enough" jacket, for my needs anyway. What do you guys think?

oldboy

Postby oldboy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:07 am

Comedian03, what size do you wear in these jackets? I only ask because if its Medium for example you could always use the material for the Levi's cord jacket I used for mine and they actually still have a couple available on eBay. Beyond that, the cord jacket I used to alter mine still has a lot of material left over if you're interested in using it for spare parts for the cord part. I wouldn't charge you for it if you wanted the leftover material, you'd just have to pay for shipping. Outside of that it doesn't sound like a bad idea. Removing the flap to the other pocket goes a long way to making it match, but the other thing you might want to consider is altering the vertical straps underneath the pocket. The two main differences I noticed between the Tobacco Field and other truckers are the asymmetrical pockets of course, but one other detail as well:
See how underneath the pocket on the Tobacco field jacket it only has one strip of vertical cloth running from the bottom of the pocket all the way down? Now look at the same strip running down in the same area from a standard trucker:
See that there? Instead of one vertical strip of clothing, the standard trucker almost always had two.

Of course, there might always be some other design aesthetic differences, but all that matters is that you;re happy with the end results. So if there's anything I could do help, please don;t hesitate to ask :grin:

I've always gone a Little back and forth with the concept of a "close enough jacket" but sometimes it's just too hard to wait such a long time to get the Real McCoy as it were. I had a Magnoli M229 for about a year before I finally got a legit one (props to Kittlemeier and jackbauerhear :grin: ) But depending on how determined to find a legit Levis Tobacco field, I know it's a rough search, but if it helps the few I've found were not listed on eBay as Levis Tobacco Filed jacket. I mean, you always want to search that term, but I even go so far as to just search for "Levi's trucker" under Men's Clothing, then refine it by color to include Beige, Brown, multi-colored and Non-Specified. You might end up browsing a couple hundred listings a day, but I tell you it's worth it once you find one, just have faith :grin:

PackRedman

Postby PackRedman » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:31 pm

Does anyone have any measurements of either a medium or large of this jacket? Been searching for one for a while and realised i dont even know what i should be looking for haha
Alexander Leathers Arkansas
Barbour To Ki To Sports Jacket
Belstaff S Icon ("Inglorious Basterds") Jacket
Tannery Wanted
Dunderdon & HHI Waxed Suede Welder Jacket

Aragorn658

Postby Aragorn658 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:36 pm

For as many people who want one of these, I feel lucky to (at least to me) have a close-enough. I have one of these:

http://www.bargainsavenue.com/v/vspfile ... 0002-2.jpg

jkeene71

Postby jkeene71 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:05 am

I actually have one of those too and it's a great jacket! I got it as a "close enough" and then ended finding a Tobacco field shortly after. I eventually sold it to Oldboy because I found I wore the "close enough" most of the time. If you can't find a tobacco field I highly recommend it :thumbsup: there's a bunch on ebay now at reasonable prices.
Banana Republic Die Hard 4
Bill Kelso Surrogates Californian size 44,
The Town Carhartt jacket size 44,
Steele & Jones horsehide Last Crusade

Return to “Jacket Requests and Information”