"Jack Reacher" Jack Reacher Jacket

If there is a particular jacket that you would like to find more information about, please enter it in this section. We will work at trying to get the information added to the site.

Moderator: Mike

Kittlemeier

Re: "Jack Reacher" Jack Reacher Jacket

Postby Kittlemeier » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:08 am

"I am reminded that if ignorance is a wellspring of fear, righteousness is its favorite refuge."

Cole

"Jack Reacher" Jack Reacher Jacket

Postby Cole » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:47 am

Looking at that picture it looks more like there is no zipper at all.
Jackets: Vanson X1 HH brown/red, Logan's Closet House jacket, TNO Surrogates, Belstaff M-Blouson, Belstaff Delta Force Blouson, Belstaff Patterson, FJ Hero jacket, FJ Bruno, Aero Leathers A2 38-1711-P, ODL B22 (size 38), ODL B17, BR Die Hard 4, G-Star John Connor TSCC jacket

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:54 am

CRB wrote:The official poster shows a zippered cuff ... but I'm not altogether sure it's the same jacket, it fits more slimly that the one we see above:

I don't think it is the same jacket. This is the entire poster:

compared to the movie jacket:

You can clearly see that jacket has:

- Chest details that looks to be 2 chest pockets. Whereas the jacket in question clearly does not,
- Shoulder seams. The movie jacket has a raglan style shoulder,
- No storm flap, which the movie jacket have,
- Front zipper that extends all the way down to the bottom hem of the jacket. The zipper on the movie jacket stops at the seam just above the hem.

I don't think the collar matches as well, but I cannot be sure if that's because it's laid flat, which would be difficult to do as the collar of the screen-worn jacket looks so stiff and short. Not to mention it looks like they photoshopped TC's head onto a comparatively disproportionate body.
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

CRB

Postby CRB » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:41 am

Yeah I was thinking that too - probably rushed out to get a poster in time for some deadline.

Exec: "Hey can someone run out a poster for Jack Reacher"
Art Dept: "Sure, no problem, but we'll have to use only a similar looking jacket"
Exec: "Sure, no one will ever notice, it's a brown leather jacket isn't it !?"

... they haven't met us.

As for the cuffs - it honestly looks like the designer was going to put zips on, then thought "hey that looks cool without the zips, I think I'll leave it"
I don't agree though, they'd be flapping around annoying me from what I can see.
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:32 am

CRB wrote:... they haven't met us.

Hahaha, boy I needed a laugh after the morning I am having...

The lack of zipper is what I was referring to earlier. It is a contradiction because the jacket has many elements that make it built for (motorcycle) comfort, yet those billowy cuffs are the opposite. The bi-swing shoulders, the side zippers, the main zipper that ends a bit higher than the bottom, the lack of shirt-style collar to flap around - all indicate a functional bike jacket. Then you get to the cuffs and say WTF?. The seams on those sleeve are not deep enough to hide a zipper completely and there should be a visible zipper puller at the apex of the gusseted sleeve. Even if it was removed to simulate damage, I would think that the bottom stop of the zipper would be visible.

I cannot begin to tell you how annoying those cuffs would be on a motorcycle. Of course, I am sure Cruise rides one in the film and he gets along just fine with them like that.
Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean. -- Ryunosuke Satoro

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:33 am

I'm thinking that the jacket was custom made for the movie, and that the sleeve zips were removed from the design for a reason. Perhaps for comfort or safety reasons whilst performing some stunts in the film? :thinking:
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

DBone

Postby DBone » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:42 am

So, who is going to make us a version that we can buy?? FILMJACKETS.COM? Logan's Closet? Heron's? :smile:

If it is made, I would prefer that they add the zipper in the cuff gussets, even though it looks like that is not screen accurate...

Mississippi Jones

Postby Mississippi Jones » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:26 pm

What type of leather do you guys think the jacket is made of? Lambskin? Goatskin? Cowhide? I'm thinking of asking Indy if he would make one for me... or I may go with his Atwood Jacket.
"Those that don't study their history, are doomed to repeat it."

Castor Dioscuri

Postby Castor Dioscuri » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:54 am

Just came back from the movie, and I thought it was a bit of an underwhelming experience. It wasn't terrible, but it felt more like a sequel to 'A Few Good Men' than an action movie, only with a bit more action if that makes sense.

As far as the jacket is concerned, it undoubtedly was the highlight of the film for me. And for those of you that haven't seen it, I can report that there are no zippers on the cuffs at all as far as I can tell taking into consideration the closeups during the non-action scenes, so it's not just a stunt jacket question, probably a design decision. Come to think of it, it really looks like the sleeve style that Billy Reid favors:

Anyway, the jacket overall just really reminds me of the X3 jacket just based on the leather and the similar design. It seemed quite 'billowy' and not exactly fitted (by movie standards), but considering Reacher buys it at a Salvation Army store, I guess maybe that was the point?

serrecuir

Postby serrecuir » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:08 pm

For those in the Los Angeles area, the screen-used jacket (and costume) is currently on display at the ArcLight Theaters in Sherman Oaks. Here are a few pics -

Kind regards,
Craig

Benkenove

Postby Benkenove » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:01 am

I think there are 2 different jackets, the movie and the one of the poster, with sleve zippers and also this chest lines (zippers down??):

I must admit I prefer this one a LOT more than the movie one... Any input about this one ???

the_rockhound

Postby the_rockhound » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:45 am

That poster has always looked like Tom Cruise's head (possibly from an MI:3 still) photoshopped onto somebody else... to me anyway...

TriumphCafeRacer

Postby TriumphCafeRacer » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:03 pm

Rick will have a customer in me once this jacket becomes available.

baldwyn

Postby baldwyn » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:33 pm

Looks like US Wings just released a version. Need to see it on a person, I'm wondering if that collar is too large, or just fine.
http://www.uswings.com/advjackets.asp

TheExit148

Postby TheExit148 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:30 pm

baldwyn wrote:Looks like US Wings just released a version. Need to see it on a person, I'm wondering if that collar is too large, or just fine.
http://www.uswings.com/advjackets.asp

Arm holes will probably be massive, and it won't have the proper fit as per the screen jacket. Collar def looks big.

Return to “Jacket Requests and Information”