"Jack Reacher" Jack Reacher Jacket

If there is a particular jacket that you would like to find more information about, please enter it in this section. We will work at trying to get the information added to the site.

Moderator: Mike

Cmdr_Bong

Re: "Jack Reacher" Jack Reacher Jacket

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:00 am

Having seen and tried on the Rodd & Gunn "Jack" Jacket, I doubt that is the jacket used in the film. Whilst there are some similarities, the details are quite different. First and foremost is the material. Now perhaps the screen-worn jacket went through a wax finishing to give the jacket a slightly shiny look. But the R&G jacket has a aged look with a matte finishing. Plus the fact that the jacket is quilted, which the screen-worn version doesn't seem to be. The length of the chest zippers also looks like it is shorter than the screen-worn version. There are also prominent silver snap backings on the collar, which are absent in the screen-worn jacket. Again the costume department could've lined the inner collar to give it a cleaner finish.

Overall the fit of the jacket just doesn't remind me of the silhouette of the screen jacket. I understand that he is 5'7, and I'm 6'1, but usually when you try on a movie jacket, there's that moment of recognition. I just never got that with the R&G, as much as I want it to be. Still at almost AUD$400 I think I will pass even if it turns out to be the right one.
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

CRB

Postby CRB » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:22 am

Good review Bong. When does the film come out, soon I expect ?
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

Kevin Anderson

Postby Kevin Anderson » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:50 pm

It's more like this one perhaps?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/rodd-gunn-p ... olor=SWAMP

It's almost certain the costume department would have made modifications, but I'd bet it started life as a Rodd & Gunn jacket like the one above.
I think the 'Jack Reacher Jacket' (although only Myer call it that, R&G just call it 'Jack') is just a cash-in.
I actually prefer the matte finish, but it's still a lot to pay for a pretty basic jacket. I might wait for a sale; I was actually just about to buy it Bong, but your words made me hesitate, and I'm glad. :smile:

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:11 pm

That 'Portobello' jacket definitely looks more the part. Still has the snap backing on the collar though.

Yeah sorry Kevin Anderson. To be honest I think if you actually saw the jacket in person you would agree that it looks nothing like the screen jacket. :razz: I wonder what Myer was thinking when they outright call it the "Jack Reacher Jacket"?!

This website has the Portobello jacket shown more like the screen-used jacket I think:

http://www.saintbernard.com/rodd-and-gu ... 040-2.html

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:43 am

Hmmm so I contacted Rodd & Gunn regarding the possibility of sourcing the Portobello jacket, given that it is from past season. I mentioned that I believe it is the jacket worn by Tom Cruise in the latest Jack Reacher film. This was their response:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cygnus

Postby Cygnus » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:13 pm

What do you think about this one:

https://www.celebsclothing.com/products ... acket.html

Well .. less quality I guess :thinking:

DBone

Postby DBone » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:39 am

Cygnus wrote:What do you think about this one:

https://www.celebsclothing.com/products ... acket.html

Well .. less quality I guess :thinking:

Lots look wrong in that jacket to me. The two biggest are the color and the sleeves. That jacket is very dark, maybe even black, instead of a light brown. The biggest one though is the sleeves at the shoulder. The Jack Reacher jacket (from the first movie) has raglan sleeves (like the War of the Worlds jacket does), this jacket has regular sleeves. Funny thing about this one is that they have a picture of the movie jacket in with their jacket pictures, and this detail is shown nicely!

Not sure at all about the cuffs - the Jack Reacher jacket had odd cuffs - basically looked like they were gusseted sleeves at the bottom, but without the zipper... Not sure what this jacket has. Not sure how the backs compare either...

the_rockhound

Postby the_rockhound » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:05 am

It looks like there might be a second Reacher 2 jacket to get some screen time..

http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/ ... o-back-01/

l0fielectronic

Postby l0fielectronic » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:16 pm

Indeed. M65 type of some kind but with no epaulettes.

CRB

Postby CRB » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:40 pm

I like it. Could see me buying something like that ...
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

the_rockhound

Postby the_rockhound » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:46 pm

I bought this guy recently to see if I'd like it..

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/rodd-gunn-p ... olor=SWAMP

Super cool, good fit (for me) with some good fabric detail. Looks pretty close to the Reacher pics and clips to me, with the exception on the collar snaps. Water beads right off it too.

ifatos

Postby ifatos » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:44 pm

the_rockhound wrote:It looks like there might be a second Reacher 2 jacket to get some screen time..

http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/ ... o-back-01/

I saw the movie this morning (and liked it) but didn't see that M65 style jacket.....also never saw a leather jacket in fact !!! He wears the same jacket (seen above) during practically all the movie, and another one (Trialmaster style) at the end of the movie.

I guess the one seen on those pics is TC's personal jacket, worn when he was making rehearsal for some scenes...from the beginning of the movie I guess...

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:42 pm

ifatos wrote:I saw the movie this morning (and liked it) but didn't see that M65 style jacket.....also never saw a leather jacket in fact !!! He wears the same jacket (seen above) during practically all the movie, and another one (Trialmaster style) at the end of the movie.

I guess the one seen on those pics is TC's personal jacket, worn when he was making rehearsal for some scenes...from the beginning of the movie I guess...

I remember seeing TC holding something on his way out of the diner. Perhaps it is the M65 style jacket? Did that scene make it in the film?

AM watching the film tonight. Looking forward to it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ifatos

Postby ifatos » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:20 am

Yes that scene is at the beginning of the movie...when he leaves the diner !!! But he doesn't wear the jacket in those scenes....if I remember correctly :-)

CRB

Postby CRB » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:06 am

Didn't this happen with the last Reacher film - the jacket in the poster didn't appear in the film ?

Return to “Jacket Requests and Information”