Real Steel Hugh Jackman jacket

If there is a particular jacket that you would like to find more information about, please enter it in this section. We will work at trying to get the information added to the site.

Moderator: Mike

Max Jenius

Real Steel Hugh Jackman jacket

Postby Max Jenius » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Just saw this movie and Jackman's character wears a Belstaff in some of the arena fight scenes. Can you guys help identify which one it is?

the_rockhound

Re: Real Steel Hugh Jackman jacket

Postby the_rockhound » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:10 pm

Belstaff Cople Blazer in antique black....... I wondered the same thing and did some research after the movie...

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:21 pm

This one?
http://www.belstaff4sale.com/belstaff-c ... black.html

This was the only decent shot of that part in the film that I could find. The others were too small or grainy to pick out details.

It's not a bad lookin' blazer actually. The collar told me so. :paranoid:
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

mimesis2nemesis

Postby mimesis2nemesis » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:02 am

superDrool wrote:This one?
http://www.belstaff4sale.com/belstaff-c ... black.html

This was the only decent shot of that part in the film that I could find. The others were too small or grainy to pick out details.

It's not a bad lookin' blazer actually. The collar told me so. :paranoid:

That is actually my dream Belstaff jacket, one I hope I can buy one day. I wasn't aware that it was in a movie...
"Let this soaring wings take flight"
-M2N

Ron!n

Postby Ron!n » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:48 am

I am about to buy this Jacket. But I have a few questions about Belstaff sizing if anyone can toss me an answer.
Usually an American size small fits me fine, but I hear Belstaff usually fits small. Like a Medium would fit more like a small. Is this true?

I have two belstaff Jackets, but they are both older. One is the Free Tibet Bronx jacket, which is a small and fits like a small.
The other is The Steve McQueen lapeled version of the trail master. Anyway, the point is they are older, and fit as they probably should for their sizing. But I have read in several spots that since becoming an Italian company the sizing has gotten progressively smaller.

Anyway any info on how this jacket fits, or just some general advice on the current Belstaff sizing. I would greatly appreciate it.

CRB

Postby CRB » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:00 am

What is your actual chest measurement around under your armpit level?
Belstaff Hero, Police, Marten, Brad, Cougar, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Douglas, Lawrence, Burgess Matchless Osborne, Terry, Roadfarer, Kensington TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic Barbour Tokito Sports LVC Menlo BR DH4 CT Sherlock Billy Peacoat JC Cadet, Utility Royale Quantum, Haiti FJ Ecstacy RRL Owens

Ron!n

Postby Ron!n » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:10 am

My measurements are exactly
Chest 18.5 inches
Arm Hole 9.3 inches
Full shoulder 16.9 inches
Half Shoulder 5.5 inches
Sleeve length 24.6 inches

These are the basic measurements I used when I had Indy Magnoli make me a Leon Jacket which fits perfectly. I can usually wear a size small from Canada or USA right off the rack (size 36)

CRB

Postby CRB » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:43 am

But what is actual chest measurement all the way round. Magnoli measurements are for the actual jacket, and will have built in. 'wiggle room' to varying extents. I don't know what a Leon jacket is like.
Belstaff Hero, Police, Marten, Brad, Cougar, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Douglas, Lawrence, Burgess Matchless Osborne, Terry, Roadfarer, Kensington TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic Barbour Tokito Sports LVC Menlo BR DH4 CT Sherlock Billy Peacoat JC Cadet, Utility Royale Quantum, Haiti FJ Ecstacy RRL Owens

Ron!n

Postby Ron!n » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:48 am

CRB wrote:But what is actual chest measurement all the way round. Magnoli measurements are for the actual jacket, and will have built in. 'wiggle room' to varying extents. I don't know what a Leon jacket is like.

Right around 36 inches( maybe 36.5 37). So I fill out most small sizes with little room to spare.
and my waist is 29-30

CRB

Postby CRB » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:56 am

Ah ok, I personally think a medium should be the right size for you, that should give you enough comfort space.

Ron!n

Postby Ron!n » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:00 am

CRB wrote:Ah ok, I personally think a medium should be the right size for you, that should give you enough comfort space.

So the size difference from small to medium is much less with Belstaff then(2 inches instead of 4)? In US sizes the Mediums are huge....seriously a lot bigger than a small. And what is the general sleeve length of a belstaff medium?

CRB

Postby CRB » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:10 am

It's not possible to apply sizing details to all Belstaffs, they make such a large range of styles. In general Belstaffs come up small and in general the sleeve length is longer than average. The differences in sizing are less marked though, I agree with that. Any particular customer would probably be able to wear two different sizes (one being much tighter for example), it may look pretty stupid, but they'd be able to get into it. Sounds like your experience in US sizes wouldn't allow for that.

Ron!n

Postby Ron!n » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:23 am

CRB wrote:It's not possible to apply sizing details to all Belstaffs, they make such a large range of styles. In general Belstaffs come up small and in general the sleeve length is longer than average. The differences in sizing are less marked though, I agree with that. Any particular customer would probably be able to wear two different sizes (one being much tighter for example), it may look pretty stupid, but they'd be able to get into it. Sounds like your experience in US sizes wouldn't allow for that.

Well I guess I am going to go for the medium. I suppose even if I have to do a wee bit of tailoring it isn't too inconvenient.
Thanks for the advice!

CRB

Postby CRB » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:31 am

No problem. Let us know how you find it. It's always best to have a jacket that is too big rather than too small of course!

Return to “Jacket Requests and Information”