Jacob Black Leather Jacket

If there is a particular jacket that you would like to find more information about, please enter it in this section. We will work at trying to get the information added to the site.

Moderator: Mike

Zero

Jacob Black Leather Jacket

Postby Zero » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:18 pm

Hey guys, so I'm new to these forums and have just recently begun seriously looking at and considering leather jackets. Just a week ago I didnt know a lick about leather jackets so you might have to be a bit patient with me. A few days ago I was watching breaking dawn with my gf and i saw Taylor Lautner wearing this really nice leather jacket.

These pictures can all be found here

http://hollywoodmoviecostumesandprops.blogspot.com/2011/11/costumes-and-props-from-twilights.html

This is suppossedly the prop used, but it looks much different color wise than what is seen in the movie. I really like the color of the one shown here, but for reference here is what it looked like in the movie. The first url has a large HD picture, which is how I was able to make out the Belstaff logo initially.

http://mag.bent.com/2011/11/november-film-review-by-chris-amos/

I'm assuming the difference in colors has more to do with camera filters and such, and different lighting, and while I'm not sure which is the 'true' color, I'm more interested in the perceived color of the first photos.

I was obsessed with finding out what the make of the jacket was, and after hours and hours of searching i finally found out it was a belstaff. Unfortunately I still can't figure out exactly what model it is, and was wondering if one of you more informed folks could tell me. It looks to me like a half-belt vintage jacket, but I wouldn't know since, as I said before, I'm incredibly inexperienced when it comes to these matters. One site says its from their fall 2009 menswear but I can't seem to find it online.

SOURCE: http://coolspotters.com/clothing/belstaff-leather-collared-jacket

I really like the way it falls, and I'm obsessed with the distressed color. It seems like a reddish brown, and I was thinking some time in the future I would like to have it replicated. I was wondering if anyone had any advise as to who could do this well. After lurking through these forums the past few days I'm familiar with the places like Wested, LC, Magnoli, Soul Revolver, and even Rick's new shop that all seem to do great replicas, but which do you think could nail the color and fall of the jacket. Seeing as the jacket isn't a complex pattern, just a vintage style, it seems like these experienced guys could do a good job with that, but what really gets me is the fall and color. I'm betting this has much to do with the type of leather the jacket's made from, but I don't really know the difference between lamb, goat, and cowhide etc. I'm thinking that each leather has a different distressed look and gown flow, maybe some one could shed light on this?

Magnoli's "Defiance" jacket looks similar color wise to me. Rick's Bruno Half-belt looks awesome as well, but the color is definitely different and the leather looks a bit stiffer. Of course this is just my impression, and I would like it to have that soft, supple look like in the picture, and I would like it be be fitting. Anyway, any help would be appreciated. I've tried to do as MUCH research on my own without having to ask people pointless questions, but honestly at this point I've been reading for hours and must get back to studying. I promise I will return the favor when others are in need. I was actually the anonymous poster on the first url who informed the others that the jacket was a Belstaff.

Zero

Re: Jacob Black Leather Jacket

Postby Zero » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:36 pm

WHOOPS. I forgot to say that to me, it seemed like the jacket is a different color/distressing of , ironically, the patterson jacket. It doesn't look like the one that Belstaff seems to have sold or will sell, I'm a little confused as to which is the case since its not in their shop right now, but here is a picture of what it looks like when I google it, which is different from that shown on Belstaffs webpage of the movie.

Actual Image

URL for Belstaff's movie page of Water For Elephants

http://www.belstaff.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=367&Itemid=382

At the bottom of this page it says the jacket used in the movie is the Vintage 20's blouson, but on the rotating images on the top is calls it the patterson jacket. The patterson jacket in the movie looks different from that shown on the top, it looks like the image I posted. The one on the top seems to me to probably be a vintage 20s blouson, but the patterson jacket seems to be a slightly modified version of it.

hollowpond

Postby hollowpond » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:14 pm

Dang! Looks a LOT like a vintage styled Californian. Surrogates style!

Zero

Postby Zero » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:41 pm

yeah, good point. The surrogates jacket caught my eye, which is where I got the half belt idea from

CRB

Postby CRB » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:56 am

Very interesting spot ! You can clearly see it's Belstaff, but as you mention, I don't think it's one they currently offer. Perhaps one for the next season. I'm a big fan of those straightforward jackets and this is one I would have bought instantly if I'd seen it. I think I might even prefer this one over the Patterson. If I'm not mistaken the colour is Belstaff's "Rust" or "Acid Brown", but I think it looks more like Rust.
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

Castor Dioscuri

Postby Castor Dioscuri » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:42 am

Heh heh heh 'Twilight' heh heh heh

We're actually discussing 'Twilight'... I *knew* it would come to this! :shock:

No offence Zero! :wink:

Cole

Postby Cole » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:56 am

Interesting jacket, but for the price belstaff usualy asks I would get something else in that classic stile.
Jackets: Vanson X1 HH brown/red, Logan's Closet House jacket, TNO Surrogates, Belstaff M-Blouson, Belstaff Delta Force Blouson, Belstaff Patterson, FJ Hero jacket, FJ Bruno, Aero Leathers A2 38-1711-P, ODL B22 (size 38), ODL B17, BR Die Hard 4, G-Star John Connor TSCC jacket

Dayz_Of_The_Weak

Postby Dayz_Of_The_Weak » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:16 am

Cole wrote:Interesting jacket, but for the price belstaff usualy asks I would get something else in that classic stile.

like an Aero :wink:
Fortune favours the bold..

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:56 am

I heard this jacket being mentioned once or twice around here. May be a good alternative? :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3927

There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:43 pm

We can charge 4 times the cost if it makes anyone feel better :lol:
Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean. -- Ryunosuke Satoro

Zero

Postby Zero » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:58 am

Oh I'm not interested in buying a Belstaff at all, no way I could afford 1600 for a jacket. I think what I'm most curious to is the color. The more I look at the pictures of the prop and in the movie images I think they are different jackets. The jacket in the movie had a protruding patch in the image, while the one on display has a logo, but it doesn't seem like a patch to me. I know that Belstaff may have made a few jackets for production, and I've heard sometimes belstaff puts their patches on some but not others. Perhaps this is the case? I believe someone mentioned the color was 'rust.' Is this the color in the images of the prop?

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:18 am

Lighting can do funny things. It brings out colors that are often not visible to the observer. The same jacket photographed with natural lighting, flash photography and using filters will look different in each instance.
Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean. -- Ryunosuke Satoro

CRB

Postby CRB » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:56 am

And what do we have here. Looks like it's going to make the light of day. Shame a Large isn't my size, dammit ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BELSTAFF-Man- ... 817wt_1141

Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

tonicab

Postby tonicab » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:10 am

CRB wrote:And what do we have here. Looks like it's going to make the light of day. Shame a Large isn't my size, dammit ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BELSTAFF-Man- ... 817wt_1141

I saw on ebay too, from these reseller, but Is not new collection 2012, because Belstaff web has not showed the new collection for 2012.

CRB

Postby CRB » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:01 am

What makes you think that if it's not on Belstaff's web that it isn't in the collection ? Their web page is notoriously slow to update and I saw the previous 2 collections way in advance of them being on the web. I expect this will be in the Spring/Summer 2012 - it looks like the Burnt Brown they use all the time. The film version looks much darker (and nicer in my opinion)

Return to “Jacket Requests and Information”