Jeremy Renner "The Avengers" Jacket

If there is a particular jacket that you would like to find more information about, please enter it in this section. We will work at trying to get the information added to the site.

Moderator: Mike

Comedian03

Jeremy Renner "The Avengers" Jacket

Postby Comedian03 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:18 pm

Hey guys, so I just saw this jacket pop up in the new Russian trailer for 'The Avengers' and it looks like a pretty cool jacket so I figured I'd post it here and see what we can come up with. This is the only picture I could find of the jacket and it's just a screengrab from the trailer for it's not perfectly clear. I'm not even sure how much screen time it'll end up getting in the movie but it's safe to say that with only about 4 months until the movie comes out we should be getting a lot more TV spots, pictures, and a couple trailers to get some more clear images of it.

A few immediate details I can notice is obviously the high collar, the vertical zipper on the left chest, and the material looks like it might be a Polyester similar to some North Face jackets. The only other thing I notice is it LOOKS like there might be a lighter colored black stripes going down the sleeve.

If any new pictures pop up I'll be sure to post them later in the thread.

DavidCoppola

Re: Jeremy Renner "The Avengers" Jacket

Postby DavidCoppola » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:27 pm

When I saw your post, I was hoping for a much "flashier" jacket, especially for the Hawkeye character.
This jacket looks very subdued. I though they'd be truer to the purple-ish tones of the comic costume.
I saw a pic of him in a vest that has some tones like that, must be his "battle" gear.

Comedian03

Postby Comedian03 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:17 pm

DavidCoppola wrote:When I saw your post, I was hoping for a much "flashier" jacket, especially for the Hawkeye character.
This jacket looks very subdued. I though they'd be truer to the purple-ish tones of the comic costume.
I saw a pic of him in a vest that has some tones like that, must be his "battle" gear.

I was kind of hoping for something the same. Maybe this is his standard "S.H.I.E.L.D" jacket, or maybe it only shows up in one scene and nothing more. His outfit at the end of the movie (Going by set pics), seems to have some of the Hawkeye colors, black jeans and boots, grey hoodie, greyish jacket, and the purple tshirt.

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:32 am

Seems to be a cold weather tactical jacket, maybe Triple Aught Design or Northface?

I lightened it up a bit to see more detail:

It almost seems to be a liner or under-coat as these tend to be thinner for specific weather conditions above freezing. I don't see any tale-tell detail that point to any makers, as these seem to be a dime a dozen design nowadays, especially with that inner vertical zipper.
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

Angelus73

Postby Angelus73 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:23 pm

I saw the movie on Thursday, and loved it!!! When I was watching it, I saw this jacket and loved the look of it...any more ideas as to the id of this jacket?

Chris

Comedian03

Postby Comedian03 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:44 pm

Angelus73 wrote:I saw the movie on Thursday, and loved it!!! When I was watching it, I saw this jacket and loved the look of it...any more ideas as to the id of this jacket?

Chris

I'd actually forgotten all about this jacket until now lol. But with all the custom made costumes for this movie, I wouldn't be surprised if this was another one, but then again, Chris Evans is wearing a Diesel jacket. The problem with this one is there is soo many different brands who make almost an identical jacket, it'd be hard to narrow it down. The most distinctive thing I can make out is what looks like a black stripe going up the arms.

Angelus73

Postby Angelus73 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:56 am

Yeah, exactly...I've seen similar looking jackets, including softshell types but none with the distinctive black stripes so I'm guessing it'll have been a custom job for the movie. It did look great on screen, with the added Shield upper arm logos.

Chris

Angelus73

Postby Angelus73 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:54 pm

Saw the movie again today!!! Still loving it!!!

I tried to concentrate on this jacket, and noticed this time that there are two diagonal zippered pockets on the rear of the jacket, just above the waistline......I've never seen these on a jacket before? I'm hoping that this still might be an 'off the shelf' jacket. Any ideas?

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Thu May 03, 2012 7:25 pm

Angelus73 wrote:I tried to concentrate on this jacket, and noticed this time that there are two diagonal zippered pockets on the rear of the jacket, just above the waistline......I've never seen these on a jacket before? I'm hoping that this still might be an 'off the shelf' jacket. Any ideas?

Like superdrool suggested, Triple Aught Design (TAD gear) softshell and fleece jackets have these rear pockets. Most clone jackets made by other companies like Rothco, Condor, Arc'Teryx etc. also have this feature.

I know this is not the right jacket, but it may be a good starting point:

Propper Defender Echo softshell jacket
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

miscon

Postby miscon » Sat May 05, 2012 11:18 am

Hi Folks:
I just joined - wow - who knew there were other jacket freaks on the planet - lol! For me, it started with "Silent Running" (1975) and "Alien" (1979" ,,, but to the question at hand. I am 100% that HAWKEYE's (Jeremy Renner's) jacket is the Blackhawk Warrior Wear Operations Jacket (http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Warrio ... 178,31.htm) ... which is the middle layer of their 3 layer system. Check it out - it has the arm piping and very cool all important back pockets. The SHIELD patch that appears on hos arm can be purchased from Disney or on ebay ... enjoy.

M

DavidCoppola

Postby DavidCoppola » Sat May 05, 2012 2:10 pm

The one he wears at the VERY end is really cool too.

Great movie BTW!

Angelus73

Postby Angelus73 » Sat May 05, 2012 4:35 pm

miscon wrote:Hi Folks:
I just joined - wow - who knew there were other jacket freaks on the planet - lol! For me, it started with "Silent Running" (1975) and "Alien" (1979" ,,, but to the question at hand. I am 100% that HAWKEYE's (Jeremy Renner's) jacket is the Blackhawk Warrior Wear Operations Jacket (http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Warrio ... 178,31.htm) ... which is the middle layer of their 3 layer system. Check it out - it has the arm piping and very cool all important back pockets. The SHIELD patch that appears on hos arm can be purchased from Disney or on ebay ... enjoy.

M

Thanks,...yep, that's the one. I also came across this jacket in a search today and thought it's gotta be the one!! Great work...glad someone else thought the same

THEMAN

Postby THEMAN » Tue May 08, 2012 4:26 pm

I did the later one a while back, took forever to get here though...

http://LogansCloset.com

Making Ultimate Apparel Reality

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:36 am

Was watching Fast & Furious 6 and noticed that Dwayne Johnson was wearing a very familiar looking jacket. I'm fairly sure it's the same one as Hawkeye's. The Blackhawk! Warrior Wear Operations Jacket in a Grey/blue colour.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:22 am

Yes,
I can CONFIRM that was the same jacket. They actually had trouble finding Dwayne one the right size. Stock was low at the time. Dwayne kept it at the end, along with most of his gear. He IS a collector!

Stunt :)
"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

Return to “Jacket Requests and Information”