Benedict Cumberbatch Sherlock Belstaff Coat Jacket

If there is a particular jacket that you would like to find more information about, please enter it in this section. We will work at trying to get the information added to the site.

Moderator: Mike

tonicab

Benedict Cumberbatch Sherlock Belstaff Coat Jacket

Postby tonicab » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:18 am

Benedict Cumberbatch in the BBC version of Sherlock Holmes in his Belstaff coat

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/article/ ... store.html

Is the new Belstaff jacket from Italy... :shame: excuse me, from England ?

mimesis2nemesis

Re: Benedict Cumberbatch Sherlock Belstaff Coat Jacket

Postby mimesis2nemesis » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:18 pm

If I remember correctly, The model was called the Belstaff Milford coat, from the 2010 Autumn-Winter collection... They say these are rarer than hen's teeth.
"Let this soaring wings take flight"
-M2N

Lobo

Postby Lobo » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:18 am

Tonicab, I was almost going to post this myself! It is a very nice coat indeed.

Well, if it's Belstaff there might not be any chance of me getting a hold on one. I've already bought 2 Logan's Closet jackets and a Belstaff leather, so no more spending for me.

Please keep us posted. Later I'll go out and try hunting it down on websites.

BTW, what do you think of the series? I'm a huge Sherlock Holmes fan, and I think Cumberbatch does pretty well. It would be nice to see them do just one special movie in the Victorian era though.

Lobo

Postby Lobo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:43 am

Belstaff is flippin mental!!

But it is a sweet coat. Here's an interesting article about it. I wish more sites would publish such info about costuming...really cool. Come to find out the costume dept sewed on the red thread around the buttonhole.

http://www.sherlockology.com/wardrobe/sherlock-coat
Last edited by Lobo on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clanz

Postby clanz » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:41 pm

I've read Magnoli is going to do a version! :grin:
"I'm too old for this sh*t"

Lobo

Postby Lobo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:40 pm

Is that right? Wow, thanks for the news, Clanz. I wonder if they're going to attempt bonding the wool with that special microporous film to make it waterproof. Sounds pretty sophisticated.

Cole

Postby Cole » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:52 am

I've seen the S2 E1 of Sherlock recently und must admit I realy like that coat. But it seems impossiple to get anymore.

All my searches of the net and the secondary markets I know off came up blogs, articles about the BBC series and nothing else. :sad:
Jackets: Vanson X1 HH brown/red, Logan's Closet House jacket, TNO Surrogates, Belstaff M-Blouson, Belstaff Delta Force Blouson, Belstaff Patterson, FJ Hero jacket, FJ Bruno, Aero Leathers A2 38-1711-P, ODL B22 (size 38), ODL B17, BR Die Hard 4, G-Star John Connor TSCC jacket

CRB

Postby CRB » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:57 am

Yeah, I doubt you'd be extremely lucky to find one of these for sale - they were from quite a few seasons ago. Last time I was in Belstaff London they said 2 years ago they found one in the Milan warehouse and sent it to a person in Sweden - the sizing apparently is huge (i.e. a Large is very large).
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

Cole

Postby Cole » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:38 am

CRB wrote:...- the sizing apparently is huge (i.e. a Large is very large).

Good to know, should I ever stumble over one of these I know which size to go for. :) I still guess it's more likely that I win in the lottery (that I never play) jackpot.

The Magnoli repica of this coat looks interesing, but it is pricey.
Jackets: Vanson X1 HH brown/red, Logan's Closet House jacket, TNO Surrogates, Belstaff M-Blouson, Belstaff Delta Force Blouson, Belstaff Patterson, FJ Hero jacket, FJ Bruno, Aero Leathers A2 38-1711-P, ODL B22 (size 38), ODL B17, BR Die Hard 4, G-Star John Connor TSCC jacket

Lobo

Postby Lobo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:25 am

The last purchase I know is from a member on the RPF (RayR) back in February. It is really beautiful. If somebody happens to make a somewhat affordable replica, it might be my next purchase.

CRB

Postby CRB » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:48 am

So they were filming this next to where I work today. Managed to get this photo of the coat.

Me: Mr Cumberbatch, could you hold still while I take a photo of your Sherlock coat?
Benedict: F**k off and buy your own damn coat

(As if he would say that, he's actually very gracious and generous with the fans there)

Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

the_rockhound

Postby the_rockhound » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:38 am

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:45 am

the_rockhound wrote:Thought this was interesting...

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/07/the-preca ... d-4135044/

Hey Lobo, CRB, Cole, Rockhound
You guys are gonna LOVE this!

http://www.Sherlockcoat.com

https://www.facebook.com/CelestialToystore

I am DEF picking one up.

Stunt :thumbsup:
"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:14 am

CRB wrote:So they were filming this next to where I work today. Managed to get this photo of the coat.

Me: Mr Cumberbatch, could you hold still while I take a photo of your Sherlock coat?
Benedict: F**k off and buy your own damn coat

(As if he would say that, he's actually very gracious and generous with the fans there)

So....the coat we are looking at in that picture is NOT a Belstaff, just a stitch-for-stitch copy :lmfao:

I am psyched about this copy since it's made from the EXACT same materials. I was told about it from a buddy of mine who worked on Season 3. Wasn't there something special about this fabric, like it was water-resistant or something? I remember reading something about it somewhere.

Stunt :twisted:
"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

Return to “Jacket Requests and Information”