Benedict Cumberbatch Sherlock Belstaff Coat Jacket

If there is a particular jacket that you would like to find more information about, please enter it in this section. We will work at trying to get the information added to the site.

Moderator: Mike

TheStuntman

Re: Benedict Cumberbatch Sherlock Belstaff Coat Jacket

Postby TheStuntman » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:43 am

Hey Guys
Here is a BIG update with some VERY REVEALING DETAILS.

It's a preview of the Order Page, def take a look at the photos at the bottom.
http://celestialtoystore.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=19

Stunt :twisted:
"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

CRB

Postby CRB » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:29 pm

Hmm, yes interested. But the shipping is $117 plus it looks like it comes from China so there'd be a further $787 of customs ! OUCH. Makes a grand total of $1755 (£1096). Am tempted to wait for a genuine Belstaff really.
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:02 pm

$787!!!
Definitely doublecheck with them about the way that they ship, because sometimes you don't get hit with customs from China. I'm gonna doublecheck with them as well. At least two of the facilities I work with both here and in London have not gotten hit with customs. It seems to be the luck of the draw most of the time and the size of the package.

Definitely keep your eye out for an original Milford as well. But due to the popularity of the show, they often go on eBay for over 2K. Trust me, one of my buddies has been trying to acquire one since the show began.

Stunt

CRB

Postby CRB » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:17 am

THink I may have calculate that $787 wrong. It's actually:

Price of coat $1260
Shipping $117
Customs (12%) $165
VAT (20%) $275
Admin fee $12

Total price paid = $1829. When compared with the original price of the coat at $1260, that's a 45% mark up !!! Quite difficult to swallow !
Last edited by CRB on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:35 am

CRB wrote:THink I may have calculate that $787 wrong. It's actually:

Price of coat $1260
Shipping $117 (very overpriced actually)
Customs (12%) $165
VAT (20%) $275
Admin fee $12

Total price paid = $1829. When compared with the original price of the coat at $1260, that's a 45% mark up !!! Quite difficult to swallow !

:crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1:

I'm sorry, but $165 custom?! $275 VAT?! What the hell? How do you guys deal with that???? We in Australia live on an island, and it is nowhere near that expensive to have items shipped to us! Just unbelievable!

$1260 for the coat is abit steep, but seeing that the Belstaff Milford cost more than $2100, if you can find it, I guess it is justified....
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

CRB

Postby CRB » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:56 am

Yes, it really stifles trade as well. I feel sorry for vendors as its pretty much makes a decision in getting items sent from abroad.

PS I live on an island too !

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:16 am

CRB wrote:PS I live on an island too !

Oops! That's true haha :oops:

But not in the middle of the Pacific ocean, where it's a 7hrs flight to the "mainlands" in all directions.

CRB

Postby CRB » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:20 am

Ah right I see your point, yes you're right!
I expect it's all aimed at not encouraging people in UK to trade internationally and to 'buy British'. In other words thinking from the days of the Empire circa 1850

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:57 am

Darth Vader wants you to buy British. Help the Empire!

CRB

Postby CRB » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:45 am

I wonder if Vader had to pay import taxes on that nice shoulder cape he's got that I'm sure he purchased online ...

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:11 am

So...about that Milford search?

Stunt :grin:

CRB

Postby CRB » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:50 pm

The new Series 3 episode was very good - especially for fans of the coat"

"So where is it ?" and "I have lots of coats". Even my wife founds those lines funny !

Interesting to see that the actually showed the Belstaff label for the first time too.

saysuptut

Postby saysuptut » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:54 am

CRB wrote:The new Series 3 episode was very good - especially for fans of the coat"

"So where is it ?" and "I have lots of coats". Even my wife founds those lines funny !

Interesting to see that the actually showed the Belstaff label for the first time too.

It made me wonder if someone behind the show is aware of interest in the coat and did it on purpose.

CRB

Postby CRB » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:29 am

Yeah wouldn't surprise me, they were quite directed comments!

l0fielectronic

Postby l0fielectronic » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:06 am

TheStuntman wrote:Hey Guys
Here is a BIG update with some VERY REVEALING DETAILS.

It's a preview of the Order Page, def take a look at the photos at the bottom.
http://celestialtoystore.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=19

Stunt :twisted:

The coat looks great.

Staggered by some of the content from the 'company' on the website and the linked accounts on youtube and facebook though, but despite that the work from them looks very good indeed.

Return to “Jacket Requests and Information”