Jackman/Wolverine "Days of Future Past" Jacket

If there is a particular jacket that you would like to find more information about, please enter it in this section. We will work at trying to get the information added to the site.

Moderator: Mike

Cmdr_Bong

Re: Jackman/Wolverine "Days of Future Past" Jacket

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:32 am

This may be an erroneous observation that I have, but it seems that the screen-worn jacket on Jackman is intentionally tailored too slim to be zipped up comfortably, just like Joseph Gordan-Levitt's brown leather jacket in Inception? Since they are never worn zipped up in the movie, its not important that they are comfortable when the jacket is worn closed. Along with the oversized collar spread out over the upper torso, this helps emphasize the wide shoulder and slim waist look that makes this jacket so distinctive. Tailoring this jacket perfectly over the body also helps. This is just an observation which may help those who are thinking about having this jacket made achieve the desired look. I know I certainly won't mind not being able to zip up my jacket if I can look half as good as Jackman does in the jacket.
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

fifthchamber

Postby fifthchamber » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:54 am

I ordered this jacket from Dan once I saw it on his eBay page, and I'm totally delighted with the results....The jacket fits superbly on me, and yes, I agree with Bong on this, the jacket should be VERY close to "not fitting" when done up....Mine does fit, but is a fair bit tighter than all the other jackets I own, except the X0 perhaps? I believe that this is best for this jacket, since that fit, as Bong says, accentuates the wide chest and the smaller waist.....It works perfectly......

I heard from Wested recently about theirs as well...And the initial work on it was posted on Facebook this morning, and looks superb in honesty...The leather they used is cowhide, and wonderfully coloured....I suspect this might be worth me saving more cash up for.....I love the jacket, and the style suits me, and is easy to wear...So.....I'd like to see the final version that Wested come out with...

I have the Logan's Closet one, and despite a few small issues with it, it's my favourite jacket now....I love the thing.....Dan knows what I'm talking about, but there's a few small things I'd like to fix in it, but those aside? It's brilliant!

Thanks Dan! (And Stunt too!)

Here's the Wested version...

PackRedman

Postby PackRedman » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:59 am

Im pretty impressed with the wested version but cant help but think they are missing a seam towards the sides of the jacket on the back. I dont know. The leather looks great though
Alexander Leathers Arkansas
Barbour To Ki To Sports Jacket
Belstaff S Icon ("Inglorious Basterds") Jacket
Tannery Wanted
Dunderdon & HHI Waxed Suede Welder Jacket

fifthchamber

Postby fifthchamber » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:17 pm

It's hard to tell...The trailers I've watched don't seem to show the second, lower seam on the back...They look to have just the one main "centre column" there...But the trailers aren't good for checking things like this, and there haven't been enough photos of the back in hi def to tell......

Personally, I like the Logan's Closet look..The double seams allow the back to really "pop", and makes it look wider there, but I'm not 100% sure that I can see that in the film version...

Wested have the back seam starting a touch too close to the shoulders, where it meets the back top panel...It should be fairly wide there, not close to the shoulder, but I think the second seam might not be screen accurate....Based on what I've seen in the trailer....

We cant be sure until the Blu Ray comes out.....But from the trailer, this does look close......

PackRedman

Postby PackRedman » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:13 am

The only picture of the back i guess is this one and its isnt big or clear unfortunately. im not sure but i feel that i can see the hint of a seam on the right side of the jacket back just where the light happens to fall on it. This could of course be a shadow or fold or some water from the scene. To hard to tell for now.
Tannery Wanted

PackRedman

Postby PackRedman » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:09 pm

This screenshot i managed to get confirms the extra seams on the jacket
Tannery Wanted

DavidCoppola

Postby DavidCoppola » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:22 pm

I'm still not sold on any version, although there seem to be some goog ones out there. Shame that it's tough to not actually see a screen used one up close. Yjay wuld be the tell all.

I came across this pic with me wearing a vintage Wilson's leather with some very similar styling. It was taken prior to one of my Village Guy shows with my mom(to the right).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fifthchamber

Postby fifthchamber » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:39 pm

PackRedman wrote:This screenshot i managed to get confirms the extra seams on the jacket

Yeah...I had no doubt that there's a side seam....Just, the Logan's Closet version I have has two seams extending out from the back, curved to the shoulder but the Wested version has the straight side seam only....Which seems to be more correct........That was my point...

PackRedman

Postby PackRedman » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:09 am

I count 3 seams. 1 from near the middle of the bottom to the top of the bi-swing, 1 further from the middle of the bottom to the bottom of the bi-swing, and 1 that is vertical from the side of the bottom to the armpit.
I think we may have both been making the same point haha
Tannery Wanted

saysuptut

Postby saysuptut » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:19 am

DavidCoppola wrote:I came across this pic with me wearing a vintage Wilson's leather with some very similar styling. It was taken prior to one of my Village Guy shows with my mom(to the right).

That is a cool jacket! :thumbsup:

crismans

Postby crismans » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:19 am

I just got an email from Wested that they are still searching for another, lower cost leather for their DOFP jacket but you can request a quote for leathers already on their site. As an aside, they seem to have a new lady handling emails and she really seems to be on top of things.

DavidCoppola

Postby DavidCoppola » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:34 am

Thats good news!

bkehlin

Postby bkehlin » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:16 am

Any recent news on this jacket? It looks really good in the movie, and as I wait for DVD releases, I haven't seen this until now.

Houdini52

Postby Houdini52 » Thu May 07, 2015 8:50 am

Any more on this jacket? I really like it and the Wested one looks pretty good. I just think the collar on the Wested one needs to be wider. Anyone know if Dan will be producing this jacket? Movie's been out for a while and I think he only did one prototype, so I'm assuming he probably won't be doing more.

DavidCoppola

Postby DavidCoppola » Sat May 21, 2016 10:09 am

Just picked up one from Dan. He had it in stock. Will post pix when I get it.

Return to “Jacket Requests and Information”