Jackman/Wolverine "Days of Future Past" Jacket

If there is a particular jacket that you would like to find more information about, please enter it in this section. We will work at trying to get the information added to the site.

Moderator: Mike

DavidCoppola

Re: Jackman/Wolverine "Days of Future Past" Jacket

Postby DavidCoppola » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:24 pm

Before the fall comes, I have a question about this jacket, maybe a poll?

I love it and have not even worn it yet, but there is the issue of the 70s wide collar. While it looks good on screen and on the jacket as a whole, I'm wondering on it's wearability. I see Soul Revolver has a version with a toned down collar, which I like as well.

Question is, should I have the collar altered to a more conservative style. Would that ruin the impact of the jacket?

Thoughts?

Kt Templar

Postby Kt Templar » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:01 pm

I would never have thought of you as a shrinking violet! :)

If you have someone you trust to do it - yes, absolutely have it slimmed down. You're the one wearing it and no one apart from us lot knows what the jacket is modelled after anyway!
"Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom." Jean Rasczak

PackRedman

Postby PackRedman » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:34 pm

If you think you would be more comfortable with a smaller collar then i'd say get it altered. However, if you think you can like it and wear it with confidence then i'd say keep it big. I personally think that the big collar is part of the jackets appeal and if you have a V shaped torso then would look awesome. I'd say at least 30% of how a jacket looks is how you wear it so do whatever you think looks best and how you'd feel more confident wearing it.
Alexander Leathers Arkansas
Barbour To Ki To Sports Jacket
Belstaff S Icon ("Inglorious Basterds") Jacket
Tannery Wanted
Dunderdon & HHI Waxed Suede Welder Jacket

DavidCoppola

Postby DavidCoppola » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:30 am

Had the collar altered to more of the Soul Revolver shape. The tailor did a great job. I was worried though.
The guy I use is wayyy across town, but he's done work on other jackets and is old school very reliable.
I will post pix soon.

DavidCoppola

Postby DavidCoppola » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:49 am

Here is a not so great pic of the jacket. With friends in Buffalo NY at an event.
Disco 2016.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Jacket Requests and Information”