Brad Pitt Fury 2014 WW2 Jacket

If there is a particular jacket that you would like to find more information about, please enter it in this section. We will work at trying to get the information added to the site.

Moderator: Mike

CRB

Re: Brad Pitt Fury 2014 WW2 Jacket

Postby CRB » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:54 am

Superb ! You don't see members with this jacket very often.
I've not actually seen the film, is it any good ?
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

Indiana Jeff

Postby Indiana Jeff » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:47 am

I really liked the movie. Some really good tension and didn't glorify/pretty the face of war.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:56 am

Now that's authenticity! Well done mate :thumbsup: The jacket looks really good on you. Putting the rank patch on velcro is a nice idea, given all the Ho-Ha about Stolen Valor of late. Some folks out there may get abit too sensitive.

I really enjoyed the film. You know a World War 2 film was done right when you walked away from it with a pensive mild and a melancholic mood. It had very much gone through the Hollywood treatment in terms of gores and actions, but it doesn't detract from the overall theme.
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

Sean Mallory

Postby Sean Mallory » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:59 pm

Indiana Jeff wrote:... I generally wear a 42 jacket and whereas I didn't want this jacket to be skin tight, I didn't want it ballooning on me either. I ordered the 42 and the fit is exactly what I wanted...

The jacket fits you perfectly . Could you share a pic of the back of the jacket ? Jkeene71's jacket seems much more " ballooning " than yours , is it only a matter of choosing the right size ?
" I used to believe in many things, all of it! Now, I believe only in dynamite." -John H. Mallory
" An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind." -Mahatma Gandhi
" Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth." -Blaise Pascal

Indiana Jeff

Postby Indiana Jeff » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:15 pm

Not overly great pictures, but I had my 7 year old daughter as the photographer. Quick and dirty to give an idea of the fit.

Looks a little fuller from the back.

Not ballooning from the side. My elbow pointing toward the camera and her lower angle distorts the picture a bit.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff

CRB

Postby CRB » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:46 am

Screen used version up on Ebay at the moment ...

Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

Heyjude7

Postby Heyjude7 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:45 am

Hey, long time since I posted but I was interested in the Fury Tanker Jacket pattern 1. I usually find it hard to buy jackets online due to the sizing being different from manufacture to manufacture, etc.. I bought a size 42 M41 and it was 25 inch across the chest. Swimming in it!
my chest measurement with a loose shirt 39in and sleeve is 24. I was thinking a size Med or 40.
I saw the Kay Canvas Jacket on Man the Line. Anyone have experience with them or that jacket?
Any suggestions?
thank you in advance.

thebluebus

Postby thebluebus » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:39 am

I don't have any experience with these particular jackets, but re: size - I'm about the same measurements as you've posted here, but I would always try a 38 or Small first with any jacket. No wonder you're swimming in a 42! What size would you normally wear?

Heyjude7

Postby Heyjude7 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:25 am

I normally wear a 38/40 depending on sleeve length

Heyjude7

Postby Heyjude7 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:14 pm

Hey Jeff what are the measurements if you don't mind me asking?
Indiana Jeff wrote:Here's my Fury jacket from WW2 Impressions. Ordering and shipping was super easy and speedy. I opted for the patch kit that includes a grenade ring for the zipper. I was a little concerned about the sizing. I generally wear a 42 jacket and whereas I didn't want this jacket to be skin tight, I didn't want it ballooning on me either. I ordered the 42 and the fit is exactly what I wanted.

These jackets are cut short. I know that's the style and I like it.

I can't speak to historical accuracy, but from a general quality aspect, it's a top notch jacket. Very well put together. The inner wool liner is a bit scratchy, but that's the nature of wool lining.

I did cheat a bit and went with a modern application of velcro for the patches. I wanted to option of at least being able to remove the chevrons if I am out and about and want to be more subtle.

WW2 Impressions was out of gloves so I went with the ones offered by SM Wholesale USA. I had a question about their glove sizing and they responded back to me within one day. Ordering and shipping were likewise easy and fast.

The site lists them as horsehide so I was expecting fairly bulky/stiff gloves. These feel more like driving gloves than work gloves. I ordered the M/L and they also fit a bit snugger than I would have expected. Not uncomfortable, but again, more like driving gloves than work gloves.

The buckles hold well. The only disappointment is with the gussets. They aren't. Small quibble.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff

Indiana Jeff

Postby Indiana Jeff » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:19 am

Sorry, just saw this. I'll get some measurements posted.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff

Return to “Jacket Requests and Information”