Matchless 007 Bond SPECTRE Jacket

If there is a particular jacket that you would like to find more information about, please enter it in this section. We will work at trying to get the information added to the site.

Moderator: Mike

ifatos

Re: Matchless 007 Bond SPECTRE Jacket

Postby ifatos » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:41 am

No one ????

Castor Dioscuri

Postby Castor Dioscuri » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:02 pm

I would if I had the jacket, but it might be easier to contact Matchless directly?

CRB

Postby CRB » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:04 pm

I've got the black one which is a bit snugger than the beige. I may have the beige measurements somewhere from when I sold it.
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

ifatos

Postby ifatos » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:13 pm

Castor Dioscuri wrote:I would if I had the jacket, but it might be easier to contact Matchless directly?

I asked them a question several months ago and......I'm still waiting for an answer as of today :-)

ifatos

Postby ifatos » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:14 pm

CRB wrote:I've got the black one which is a bit snugger than the beige. I may have the beige measurements somewhere from when I sold it.

Great...I hope you will find them CRB, thank you.

Castor Dioscuri

Postby Castor Dioscuri » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:43 pm

ifatos wrote:
Castor Dioscuri wrote:I would if I had the jacket, but it might be easier to contact Matchless directly?

I asked them a question several months ago and......I'm still waiting for an answer as of today :-)

Ouch! And fair enough, I always hate when that happens. Good luck, I really hope someone here can help you out! :)

Louie

Postby Louie » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:52 pm

I have the blue leather one I can measure when I get home from traveling on Wednesday. Don't know if it's too different from the suede but I'll post the measurements.

CRB

Postby CRB » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:42 am

My black suede XL is:

Pit to Pit: 22.5"
Shoulder: 19.5"
Sleeve: 26"
Back length: 25.5"

The XL beige one I had before was:

Pit to Pit: 23"
Shoulder: 19.75"
Sleeve: 27.5"
Back length: 25"
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

ifatos

Postby ifatos » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:34 am

Castor Dioscuri wrote:
ifatos wrote:

Ouch! And fair enough, I always hate when that happens. Good luck, I really hope someone here can help you out! :)

I hope so too.....thank you Castor :-)

ifatos

Postby ifatos » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:35 am

Louie wrote:I have the blue leather one I can measure when I get home from traveling on Wednesday. Don't know if it's too different from the suede but I'll post the measurements.

Yes Louie....please, do post your measurements. Have you got the blue Nubuk (waterproof) or the blue Suede ? Pics of it ?

ifatos

Postby ifatos » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:37 am

CRB wrote:My black suede XL is:

Pit to Pit: 22.5"
Shoulder: 19.5"
Sleeve: 26"
Back length: 25.5"

The XL beige one I had before was:

Pit to Pit: 23"
Shoulder: 19.75"
Sleeve: 27.5"
Back length: 25"

Excellent CRB.....thank you very much. I guess an "XL" should fit me.....thanks.....and happy 3000 posts :thumbsup:

CRB

Postby CRB » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:07 am

Anyone know whether the John Varvatos jacket it was based on had the wire in the collar to keep it up ? I've got a leather nappa one of these arriving tomorrow, assume it will have that too.

Westward_Drift

Postby Westward_Drift » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:01 am

CRB wrote:Anyone know whether the John Varvatos jacket it was based on had the wire in the collar to keep it up ? I've got a leather nappa one of these arriving tomorrow, assume it will have that too.

CRB, the John Varvatos split seam jacket had the wire collar hooks like the screen used SPECTRE Morocco jacket if that's what you are referring to.

Jared_Nomak acquired the size 50 that was for sale on AJB a while back. I'm sure he could answer specifics.

Is the jacket you got the Matchless in Nappa leather or an alternate version of the JV?

Louie

Postby Louie » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:24 am

I think he's referring to the wire in the collar itself. The Matchless jacket has wire in the collar so you can hold it where you please.

CRB

Postby CRB » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:25 am

Louie's right, it was the long wire that runs along the top of the collar rather than the neck closures ones (that the Matchless doesn't have).

I did get the Nappa leather jacket and it's very nice. Its a slightly heavier nappa than they made their Johnny blouson out of so a tick there. Will post a photo. Also it does have the wire running along the top as well.

Return to “Jacket Requests and Information”