Matchless 007 Bond SPECTRE Jacket

If there is a particular jacket that you would like to find more information about, please enter it in this section. We will work at trying to get the information added to the site.

Moderator: Mike

TimBlade

Matchless 007 Bond SPECTRE Jacket

Postby TimBlade » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:57 pm

Matchless is about to release the Matchless jacket they've done for SPECTRE the new James Bond movie.
I was reading the posts on ajb007.co.uk and I saw the pictures of the jacket. I was very (VERY) surprised to see the jacket. I saw last year a John Varvatos jacket very similar, and she wasn't just similar but exactly the SAME jacket except the color. The collar is the same , the pockets ..... even the split seam on the sleeve.

I'm very disappointed, I'm a huge fan of Matchless ( for me she's the best leather brand) but in this case I don't understand what happened.
Did they stole the design from Varvatos ????

VARVATOS JACKET

Last edited by TimBlade on Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cmdr_Bong

Re: Matchless 007 Bond SPECTRE Jacket

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:14 pm

That is very interesting indeed. :thinking: The style of the Bond blouson is, however, a fairly common design. Not worth the money they are charging for it I say. Even the Navy John Varvatos jacket is pretty "M'eh" IMHO. The jackets in Spectre so far are a big step-down from Skyfall.
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

CRB

Postby CRB » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:45 am

But those photos are of the JV jacket ?
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

TimBlade

Postby TimBlade » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:10 am

CRB the brown one is the John Varvatos.

CRB

Postby CRB » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:19 pm

Here's the Matchless one. Not sure I'm that keen actually, bit disappointed.

Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

TimBlade

Postby TimBlade » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:08 pm

Now there are no doubt it's the same jacket as the Varvatos , the back is identical. What a shame.

CRB

Postby CRB » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:41 pm

I think I'd like to try one on, but the colour wouldn't really suit me and if it's very lightweight, that's what put me off the JV

CRB

Postby CRB » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:42 pm

Anyhow, what makes you think the JV jacket came first ? May be the other way round ...

TimBlade

Postby TimBlade » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:06 pm

This Varvatos jacket is two years old. I saw it on sale in summer 2014 and she was from the winter collection 2013-2014.

CRB

Postby CRB » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:35 pm

Well I didn't know that. Perhaps you're right.

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:48 pm

WOW that is insanely similar to the John Varvatos! :shock: I wonder if even the Die-Hard Bond fans will be willing to part with $2000 for both of these jackets. :thinking:
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

sruzgar

Postby sruzgar » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:26 am

I think whats happened here is that they have found the brown JV jacket along with the Navy JV jacket that they are using, they did not like the brown colour so have went to Matchless to have them reproduce this for the film.

Westward_Drift

Postby Westward_Drift » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:54 pm

I would love to get a John Varvatos Split Seam jacket and have for over a year. I am not a fan of the Matchless version's color, lack of collar hooks, and ridiculous sleeve badge.

A few days after seeing Spectre I saw the Martian and saw Matt Damon's character Mark Watley, wearing what I am sure is the JV Split Seam Jacket.

Here are some dvd screenshots:

The jacket is the correct brown suede color. You can clearly see the shoulder seam and one of the collar hooks. Also visible is the lining which I believe matches the lining John Varvatos has used in other jackets.

A better look at the collar, collar hooks, and zipper teeth.

A rather poor look at the back of the jacket. Even so, you can make out the seam running down the center back.

So, what do you all think?

CRB

Postby CRB » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:10 am

The Craig blouson is now not only available in the original Natural, but also the Navy, Vintage black and a new Military Green . The green is actually a lot closer to brown and similar to the Martian jacket. And very nice it is too !

ifatos

Postby ifatos » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:13 am

Hello guys.

Is it possible for someone to post the basic measurements of the Matchless Craig Suede jacket (whatever color) in size XL and XXL please ?

Thank you.

Return to “Jacket Requests and Information”