"First Blood" John Rambo jacket

If there is a particular jacket that you would like to find more information about, please enter it in this section. We will work at trying to get the information added to the site.

Moderator: Mike

CRB

"First Blood" John Rambo jacket

Postby CRB » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:14 am

So watching this again for first time in years and I suddenly realised the similarity to the Matchless Ian jacket. I know it's probably a standard army jacket, but nonetheless this would be a good wear to get a high quality one. They had one in the London store, I wonder if they still have it...

Scene from the film:

Screen worn jacket:

Matchless Ian jacket:
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

l0fielectronic

Re: "First Blood" John Rambo jacket

Postby l0fielectronic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:03 am

I had an Alpha M65 I bought new about 15 years ago, with the liner it made a great winter jacket.

I sold it a couple of years ago as I hadn't worn it for a while but it still looked pretty much as new after 10 years of casual winter wear so the quality was there in that, I'm sure this Matchless version would have better tailoring though!

furrycat

Postby furrycat » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:55 am

The Ian jacket was on sale at the Matchless store a few weeks back. I was very tempted. It's pretty decent. Apparently there will be a leather version produced this season.

CRB

Postby CRB » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:31 pm

Was in there today and tried in the beige. They come up quite large. Would prefer the green though which they are getting back in stock next week.its a good timeless jacket actually. Sale would have been a bonus !
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

thebluebus

Postby thebluebus » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:39 am

Pretty much everyone makes a version of the M65 jacket don't they? You could buy anything from a genuine surplus, to new military issue, all the way up to Matchless and Ralph Lauren via Barbour and a hundred high street versions - depending on what you want to spend. You could spend thousands if you wanted; check on Mr Porter etc.

I've always liked them too, but don't know how water resistant they are so always went for waxed cotton as an alternative in this sort of field jacket. I think they're great in black or navy, to just distance the style slightly from army surplussing.

CRB

Postby CRB » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:08 am

Think you're right !

For some reason I've never really looked at buying one before. There will be good and bad out there. I tried the Matchless one on (though in beige) and it was very light - a summer jacket. Not sure I'd want that in an M65 style, I'd want something a bit heavier and warmer for winter. Anyone got any suggestions ?

Blink

Postby Blink » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:24 pm

CRB, you're UK based - how do you feel about Superdry?

They have a black fleece lined one in for their new season: Clicky

CRB

Postby CRB » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:10 pm

Superdry aren't really my thing but thanks for the tip. I've actually got a Ted Baker and a Boss jacket that are very close to this anyhow.

I've managed to watch all 4 Rambo films in 3 days and was happy to see the M65 makes a small reappearance at the end of the 4th film !

Return to “Jacket Requests and Information”