Matchless jackets

This is an off-topic section devoted to random subjects, information and general conversation.

Moderator: Mike

diaboliq

Re: Matchless jackets

Postby diaboliq » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:16 pm

just took these photos of my nylon / leather parka.. :facepalm:

If I didnt know bette, I would say it was a Chinese fake (who else would combine something like that) :facepalm: :facepalm:

Too many jackets, too little time :(

Drive

Postby Drive » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:45 am

Looks like the cheap jackets in TK Maxx is over (for now) I've been to 4 Tk Maxx's within the last 10 days in London and none of them had any jackets, maybe they will restock or could be a one off, a few years ago they had loads of wolverine 1000 mile boots (and I mean loads) once they were sold they haven't had them since.

Drive

Postby Drive » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:39 am

Loads of Womens Leather Matchless Jackets back at TK Maxx London (charing cross & brent cross) around £250 & £299, Didn't have the funds to pick the wife one but would have got the notting hill if I did.

l0fielectronic

Postby l0fielectronic » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:06 am

Just a heads up to say there are some padded non leather Matchless jackets on the TK Maxx UK site at the moment, think it may be the Grove model. Don't know if more will show up.

l0fielectronic

Postby l0fielectronic » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:01 am

The leather Inverness bomber and the wool/leather Fury coat have shown up on there as well. I quite like the look of the Fury coat but some of the details just put me off a bit, that and I probably have enough four pocket jackets in that style.

Interesting that they don't list them with the product names on there, they had the Inverness listed as the Umber Leather Bomber and the Fury jacket is unnamed.

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:40 am

How much are those two coats running? What are the sizes as well. I have a friend that is in dire need of the Fury coat.

Stunt :grin:
"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

l0fielectronic

Postby l0fielectronic » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:00 am

Hi, They had all sizes earlier, now they've just got M, L and XXXXL in the Fury

The bomber was £220 I think, these are £299. If they size they want isn't there I'd say check eBay in four or five days as from last time it seemed lots of people were just ordering just to resell.

www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/mens-gold-label/black-wool+leather-belted-jacket/p/37150941 if it works.

l0fielectronic

Postby l0fielectronic » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:19 am

Just had a quick look on eBay and I see some of there are up there with a £3/400 mark up already!

l0fielectronic

Postby l0fielectronic » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:36 am

So the padded GP blouson arrived and is waaay over size. I figured it would be likely sized around the same as the padded gilet I've got, but clearly not. So this'll be going back. I wouldn't want to pay for full price for one but at the price on there its not bad, if it fit. I'd expect a few more to be returned when people receive them and find the fit and/or the prospective eBay resellers don't sell them.

They did then have the shorter wool and leather Brooklands Blouson come in too so I ordered one of those, will see about that when it arrives.

furrycat

Postby furrycat » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:07 pm

Rats! I missed out on the Inverness it would seem. I wanted one of those since I first saw them. The Fury is back in a few sizes as of right now, though. I'm ordering Medium.

l0fielectronic

Postby l0fielectronic » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:15 am

Might be worth keeping an eye out for returns, If I spot one I'll PM you.

One thing that caught my eye on the GP jacket was it had the new version of the logo sleeve badge, even though on their website it has the old.

I'm not a fan of the sleeve branding of these nor the Belstaffs really but I did think this version was much better looking that the old.

l0fielectronic

Postby l0fielectronic » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:16 am

Brooklands Blouson arrived.

I wasn't quite sure on the design as I generally like my jackets relatively plain or more vintage in style.

That said I always liked the look of the nylon/leather Mold Blouson they did a while ago and while I almost bought that in a sale the fit of the sizes available and the price even in the sale for such a light jacket meant I didn't buy one.

The fit on this though is fantastic and as its unlined it makes a nice autumn jacket. I also like the fact its quite long for a Blouson, compared to the older Belstaff ones I have at least, so I think its a keeper.

That said I've held off wearing it/removing the tags just in case anything more interesting pops up on there :)

mat-1.jpg

If it helps anyone in future I'm a 44" chest in suits and the XXXL fits me well in this, I might've just been able to go down a size but this gives a comfortable fit with a little room.

The only thing I thought a bit disappointing is the finish/detail in places, which seems a bit lacking.I guess making the shoulders this way they've made it more difficult for themselves but the stitching wanders all over the place there and there are also a few other places where I'd expect better at the rrp price point.

ma-2.jpg

As an example I got an Aero Leathers wool and leather jacket from them a couple of years ago and for a custom fitted jacket with absolutely flawless construction in was only just over half of the retail price of this. I know thats comparing small niche makers to the fashion/retail sector which are different things but if I were paying full price I know which way I'd go.

I guess also perhaps as these jackets are presumably the ones that stores didn't sell then they would tend to be ones which people have passed over.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

l0fielectronic

Postby l0fielectronic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:15 am

Somewhat bizarre...

"Matchless presents the Putin Jacket

Iconic British fashion brand Matchless unveils the hi-tech leather Putin Jacket inspired by the President of Russia

Today the legendary clothing company Matchless London reveals a new leather bomber inspired by Vladimir Putin, President of the Russian Federation. Putin Jacket is an innovative fashion collection piece from upcoming 2018 season. It is the first Matchless fashion product from high tech leather that resists the extreme cold, up to minus 40
degrees Celsius. "
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TimBlade

Postby TimBlade » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:24 am

I saw this last week and I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to post it.
There is an interview of Malenotti :
“We consider Russian President Vladimir Putin a modern superhero as well, giving personal respect to his strong character, brutal image, sense of humor and calmness as a world leader. As a 65 year old, Putin rides horses, plays ice hockey and practice judo, among other things. This is not the usual routine even for much younger leaders. And yes, he runs Russia, the global super powerhouse.”

"Putin a modern hero ", I could talk in french for hours about it but honestly it's a waste of time.
I LOVE BELSTAFF (old brand) & MATCHLESS but I don't understand what's going on with them lately.
What's coming next ? The Matchless Kim Jong-un Coat.

Andy B

Postby Andy B » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:39 am

Wow! I did not expect that.

The Matchless Kim Jong-un Coat

haha Well, Hugo Boss designed the Nazi uniforms didn't they? Perhaps they're on to something. :lol:
Belstaff Hero (bison) in Large: War of the Worlds
Belstaff Legend in Small: I am Legend
Belstaff H Racer in Large: Borne Legacy
Belstaff Six Days Blouson in Medium

Return to “Non-FILMJACKETS Related”