January 13, 2015 Site Update

FILMJACKETS.COM announcements and updates can be found in this forum. This is a "read-only" forum to keep you up to date with the site-related news and modifications.
Rick
SITE ADMIN

January 13, 2015 Site Update

Postby Rick » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:05 am

On January 10, 2015 I installed the latest update to our security package for the site. It was supposed to fix many issues and make the site more secure. Instead, it is creating issues with some of our visitors, causing them to be blocked from the site by means of a 503 Error Message. I am also getting this message on the front end of the site, so it is nothing personal, believe me.

Until the issue is solved, the site may be up and down for a while. You may have intermittent problems with site and forum access while others will have no issues whatsoever. If you are writing a forum post, I suggest you do so in a local application, then copy and paste it to the forum before submitting it. That way you will not waste a lot of time and effort writing a post only to have it disappear if the site goes down in the meantime.

Obviously, if you can read this, then you are either not affected or you are catching the site at a point where it is temporarily working. However, maybe you know someone who is affected and you can pass this message along to them. I am in contact with the developer of the security software and he is trying hard to help with the issue. There is a time lag due to our physical proximity and the time each of us has available to work on this.

Right now, we don't know what the problem is. We don't know what is causing these messages. If you are looking for immediate access, we can tell you we don't have that ability. But what we do have are a very particular set of skills; skills we have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make us a nightmare for security issues. If we can figure this out soon, that will be the end of it. But if we can't, we will look for the solution, we will find it, and will fix it.

Good Luck.

This message will be posted on our Facebook page as well.
Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean. -- Ryunosuke Satoro

Return to “Forum Announcements”