Justin Theroux Black Biker Jacket

If you have ever seen an actor wearing a particular jacket off-screen, in candid photos or maybe just jackets that appeared in a movie for a fleeting moment, this is the place to post them. Who knows? We may find it for you.

Moderator: Mike

Tyketto

Justin Theroux Black Biker Jacket

Postby Tyketto » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:30 pm

Hey
Can anyone help me track down this black leather biker jacket that Justin Theroux keeps getting papped in:

http://tinyurl.com/cbl5ad8

http://tinyurl.com/bnudfg4

Whatever the brand, it has missed a great opportunity to get some recognition. Googled it but can't turn up a single thing.

Cheers

Admin Edit:
Here are a few shots I have on file of this jacket:

superDrool

Re: Justin Theroux Black Biker Jacket

Postby superDrool » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:10 pm

Dayum! :shock:
That is a sweetass jacket. What he's holding in his left hand is just as nice...if not nicer. :innocent:
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

Tyketto

Postby Tyketto » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:46 am

Yeah, that's the sweetest top box I think I've ever seen! :wink:

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:26 pm

By 'topbox' you mean Jennifer Aniston, then yes I agree. :mrgreen:
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

HWaltonJonesJr.Phd

Postby HWaltonJonesJr.Phd » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:36 pm

Comedian03

Postby Comedian03 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:36 pm

HWaltonJonesJr.Phd wrote:a bargain at $12,000

http://www.celebitchy.com/176487/jennif ... 0th_b-day/

As a pretty big James Dean fan (Obvious by my avatar), this article seams a bit off to me. It says it's James Dean's jacket but I don't remember ever seeing any pictures of him wearing a jacket like that. The article also says it's the leather jacket he wore throughout 'Rebel Without A Cause', and it's been a while since I've seen that movie but I thought he wore that infamous red jacket but I could be wrong.

Also 12 grand seems REALLY cheap for James Dean's personal jacket. The biggest red flag for me is where the article says "according to ShowBizSpy.com.", they aren't exactly known for handing out accurate information. They're like The Weekly World News of the celeb gossip world, well maybe not that extreme but you get what I mean lol.

Tyketto

Postby Tyketto » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:04 am

It's definitely not the James Dean one he was given by JA....it's a modern motorbike jacket.

Lobo

Postby Lobo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:33 am

I agree. I think the article neglects to show the actual jacket that was purchased. That black jacket is indeed too modern. I love this jacket, though. Hopefully somebody can track it down. Thanks for spotting it, Tyketto!

thebluebus

Postby thebluebus » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:44 am

It looks like quite an ordinary, albeit quite cool, cafe racery bike jacket to me.

Am I missing something important?

Other than the provenance, which I don't believe for a moment.

Tyketto

Postby Tyketto » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:13 am

No, not missing anything important - it's just a jacket. But as cafe racers go, it's cool and a bit different. I thought initially it might be Ralph Lauren, seeing as JA is friends with the great man; they do something similar but the leather isn't as solid and the detailing is slightly different:

http://www.rugby.com/shop/item.aspx?productId=11975200

thebluebus

Postby thebluebus » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:45 am

The only reason I ask is because, by total coincidence, last week I bought this -

Which isn't a million miles away, but is only a very ordinary (albeit cool imo) cafe racer bike jacket.

And cost a whole lot less than $12,000

Tyketto

Postby Tyketto » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:49 am

Lol - that is pretty damn close. JA apparently paid $ 12,000 for James Dean's jacket and although Theroux has been pictured out and about in it, it's not the one in the link I gave. Out of interest, what make is yours?

thebluebus

Postby thebluebus » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:52 am

It's G-MAC, which is proper bike gear I believe.

Tyketto

Postby Tyketto » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:57 am

I'm guessing it's a few years old? Looks like they only do textile jackets these days: http://www.gmacrider.com/flip/index.html

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:53 am

We have touched on this a bit here. That image is all over the web, as is that story so it is easy to make the leap that the jacket Theroux is wearing is the JD jacket. But the articles all stated (erroneously) that Jen bought the jacket James Dean wore in Rebel Without A Cause. Somewhere, one reporter who did not bother to check facts - or even watch RWAC - carelessly reported that, and everyone and their brother picked it up - again without bothering to check their facts. Poor journalism at its finest.

I was also working on this jacket and have some nice images of Mr. Theroux wearing it on the office computer somewhere.
Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean. -- Ryunosuke Satoro

Return to “Miscellaneous Jackets”