Justin Theroux Black Biker Jacket

If you have ever seen an actor wearing a particular jacket off-screen, in candid photos or maybe just jackets that appeared in a movie for a fleeting moment, this is the place to post them. Who knows? We may find it for you.

Moderator: Mike

Comedian03

Re: Justin Theroux Black Biker Jacket

Postby Comedian03 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:01 pm

Rick wrote:We have touched on this a bit here. That image is all over the web, as is that story so it is easy to make the leap that the jacket Theroux is wearing is the JD jacket. But the articles all stated (erroneously) that Jen bought the jacket James Dean wore in Rebel Without A Cause. Somewhere, one reporter who did not bother to check facts - or even watch RWAC - carelessly reported that, and everyone and their brother picked it up - again without bothering to check their facts. Poor journalism at its finest.

I was also working on this jacket and have some nice images of Mr. Theroux wearing it on the office computer somewhere.

Thanks for the link Rick. So just to clear all this up, Did she actually buy him the red jacket JD wore in 'Rebel Without A Cause'? Or was the whole JD jacket thing incorect all together? All this James Dean talk is making me want to go back and watch 'Rebel Without A Cause' again lol.

Back to the jacket at hand though, I just remembered looking at a jacket on eBay a few days ago that looked really similar to this one. It's not on there anymore but I'll try to see if I can find out what it was.

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:06 pm

That is just it - with bad reporting, it is difficult to know which "fact" is incorrect. As we had discussed Dean owned a few leather jackets that we have images of and it could have been one of those Jen bought. I have never considered that it was the actual RWAC jacket, but who knows?

I still think it may have been the Heritage Auctions "Little Bastard" jacket that listed as unsold. I think it was unsold for a reason- maybe someone made the seler an offer that they were happy with and the jacket got pulled from the auction.
Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean. -- Ryunosuke Satoro

Tyketto

Postby Tyketto » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:05 pm

Hi Rick
How are you?
Do you mean you're working on the JD jacket or the one I'm trying to find out more about? Am assuming it's the former but might be worth clarifying.

Cheers

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:50 pm

I am well, thank you. I was referring to the one you were asking about. I have added some images to your initial post. My knee-jerk reaction was a Langlitz Leathers or Lewis Leathers...
Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean. -- Ryunosuke Satoro

Tyketto

Postby Tyketto » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:33 pm

Lewis has something kind of similar in their current range: http://lewisleathers.com/productinfo.html?code=jak-443 Although I think JT's jacket is slightly more sophisticated in terms of manufacture.
Lewis by the way have some very cool boots (I've got a pair and they're awesome)...http://lewisleathers.com/Boots-Overview.html

Lobo

Postby Lobo » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:47 pm

I like that jacket for the most part, except for the huge patches on the elbows. Nor do I care for the way they attach their logo on the chest. I can't stand when companies do that. They're not paying me to market their product.

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:31 pm

I agree with you about the large logos. I'm not a walking billboard, nor do I get paid to be one. As long as it's a patch, it can be removed without much issues, but being embroidered directly to the leather is another issue all together. So I'm personally okay with taking the two minutes to remove patches. I like that G-MAC jacket alot. I think that would make a kick ass alternate Mad Max jacket...if that film ever picks back up. :innocent:
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

jonny

Postby jonny » Thu May 16, 2013 11:38 pm

Resurrecting an old one here. I noticed that his belt, and, subsequently his belt buckle are from a company called Deth Killers. He also has a t shirt from them. I was just on there website and saw this made to order jacket:

http://www.dethkillers.com/dethstore/leather_1.html

They have a blurb about him in the description. So, there you go. Must have ordered it and changed some of the details on it.

theundeadkennedy

Postby theundeadkennedy » Thu May 16, 2013 11:52 pm

This jacket is the dopeness:)

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Fri May 17, 2013 1:13 am

Don't know about the jacket, but he's rocking those Tom Ford TF108 sunglasses!
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

Rivan

Postby Rivan » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:39 am

theundeadkennedy

Postby theundeadkennedy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:27 am

As Jonny pointed out it is the Deth Killers Moto Jacket, but it is an older version than they currently offer. I sent them an email asking if the jacket could still be had without the front pocket that the current version has, I didn't think it would be that big of a deal since it's made to order. But I never heard back from them.

I became very interested in this jacket when I first saw it, but I'm not willing to order a $1000 jacket from a company that can't return an email. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Return to “Miscellaneous Jackets”