Your jackets and your watches?

If you have ever seen an actor wearing a particular jacket off-screen, in candid photos or maybe just jackets that appeared in a movie for a fleeting moment, this is the place to post them. Who knows? We may find it for you.

Moderator: Mike

diaboliq

Re: Your jackets and your watches?

Postby diaboliq » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:32 am

Beautiful daydate! And even better when it has so much history in it

DIABOLIQSTRAPS >>>
www.facebook.com/diaboliqstrapshandmade

diaboliqstraps(at)gmail.com
Too many jackets, too little time :(

Kittlemeier

Postby Kittlemeier » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:56 pm

CRB wrote:Thanks, yeah had to place a special order to get the auto in mid-size, all those years ago. I have small wrists unfortunately so the normal size just looked a bit too big on me. I've had it serviced every 4-5 years since I bought it, but the last service doesn't appear to be a good one. I'm just waiting for a decent time to go back to Omega and get it properly serviced this time. Question is ... what do I wear in the mean time ?!? Unlike jackets, I only have one watch, never had the need to have another. Some would say that about jackets of course !

Right there with you on the wrists. I'd always had small wrists and never felt comfortable in even nineties style "big" watches. Then in '98, I was rear ended and my left wrist swelled more than it should have. Turns out after an MRI I had what's called giant cell tumor of long bone. They ended up having to take off about three inches of my ulna and that definitely didn't help with the watch sizing, LOL! Along with the smaller wrist, I lost the flat "shelf" that the back of a watch normally rests on so watches tend to fall over around my wrist very easily. Anyway, I pretty much stick to smaller vintage styles on either soft straps or expansion bands. The only metal band I still wear from time to time is the Seiko my wife got me as a wedding gift, but it has to be pretty tight so it doesn't spin.

Anyway, I don't have any of the high dollar watches, just a few that strike me the right way. I'd love to get a Jaeger Le Coutre Reverso one day and I've been very intrigued by the Tudor Black Bay that came out a while back. Maybe one day.

So here are a couple of mine.

The newest(to me) is the '63 Bulova Surf King on a vintage Admiral stainless/lizard expansion band, 99% screen accurate to the one Spacey wore in LA Confidential. Some of you have seen it in my other thread. It's being worn with a Ralph Lauren reversible newsboy jacket like the one Tom Cruise wore quite a bit around the filming of Knight and Day. The "black" background is the Dunhill from Layer Cake.

Next up is my Seiko Macchina Sportiva that my wife bought me as a wedding gift. It's a great size for me as it is substantial but fits small. Worn with a screen accurate Tommy Hilfiger racer jacket as worn by Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon 4. This is the late nineties photo I guess. Dunhill's the backdrop.

Couldn't think of a good jacket to pair with this one so I'll use a pic I took a while back. If you're a Bond fan you should recognize the strap and cloth. This is my vintage Seiko 6309-7040 with a 6105 face, a popular mod. Picked this one up at my buddies pawn shop. He's a watch collector himself so he always gives me a call when he gets something neat in.

I've got a '64-ish Omega Seamaster Deville in need of a good servicing somewhere around here but I can't put my hands on it right now. No telling where I put it but it'll turn up.

furrycat wrote:My collection is small ... but covers everyday and more formal use.

That JLC is my all time favorite watch, bar none. Just such a gorgeous design. Good choice.
"I am reminded that if ignorance is a wellspring of fear, righteousness is its favorite refuge."

diaboliq

Postby diaboliq » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:45 am

Reverso is my favorite watch ever.. and the grail watch actually. Reverso and Explorer II..

That day shall come :)

I even bought a rather cheap emulation of that style until then :D

And tissot txl automatic too...

DIABOLIQSTRAPS >>>

diaboliq

Postby diaboliq » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:49 am

2 Bong: yeah, after the PAM, I ended up buying this as a Summer watch.. way better value when considering door knocks and day to day beating and I just wanted to have one watch in that size... I'd say, best buy diving watch ever... (Afyer you buy suppa adapters as well)

DIABOLIQSTRAPS >>>
http://www.facebook.com/diaboliqstrapshandmade

DVD Connoisseur

Postby DVD Connoisseur » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:38 am

There's been a few but this is the one that's seen more wrist time than any other. Almost an everyday wear since '96.

Image[/URL]

Seems like a very popular choice! :smile:

diaboliq

Postby diaboliq » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:21 am

Feels like the first day of the Spring here.. Tissot with my Bally Racer

DIABOLIQSTRAPS >>>

Apollo

Postby Apollo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:19 pm

Roles SS Submariner.

Bought it in 1980 and it has been all over the world with me as well as the Atlantic and Pacific.

Also wear a 14 K Magnum P. I. Team Ring

Neville

Postby Neville » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:27 am

Can't believe I didn't notice this thread until now. I love watches, and I have too many of them. Here are some of my latest:

G-Shock GW-A1100-1AJF

Hublot (replica)

Panerai 187 (replica)

And my latest workout buddy, the Pebble (has vibrating alarm, which is handy for Tabata workouts)

Neville

Postby Neville » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:32 am

Just as a warning, I have huge wrists, and if you like the G-Shock I have, it also looks like this on what I assume is more normally-sized people:

Return to “Miscellaneous Jackets”