Re: Belstaff jacket - Is this genuine?

If you have ever seen an actor wearing a particular jacket off-screen, in candid photos or maybe just jackets that appeared in a movie for a fleeting moment, this is the place to post them. Who knows? We may find it for you.

Moderator: Mike

Socrates

Postby Socrates » Wed May 06, 2015 2:17 am

Hi all,

This is probably one for CRB. Is this a genuine Belstaff jacket?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BELSTAFF-Mens ... 463976eab0

Thanks

CRB

Postby CRB » Wed May 06, 2015 2:35 am

Yes, genuine. But what confuses me is that it looks like a version of the Pusher jacket and I thought that was a woman's jacket. But it has an M label rather than numbers which indicates a mans jacket. I'm pretty sure the bottom half of that jacket will zip off.

Socrates

Postby Socrates » Wed May 06, 2015 4:14 am

Thanks CRB.

I suspected it was. Like you I always assumed that ladies Belstaff jackets were sized in numbers and mens in letters.

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Wed May 06, 2015 4:31 am

Yes, you are correct (as always). The bottom half zips off. You can see the zipper tab on the left of the jacket. It is a short jacket as it is, and once you unzip the bottom, I cannot see that being a men's jacket at all. This jacket was worn on Torchwood by Eve Myles as Gwen Cooper. Very cool jacket and I have been meaning to add it to the site for a while.

I am not a Belstaff expert by any means, but I would have guessed that we are looking at images of two different jackets for the exterior and interior images. The shape of the collar point looks off and the lack of high quality roller buckles looks suspect to me.
Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean. -- Ryunosuke Satoro

Socrates

Postby Socrates » Wed May 06, 2015 3:56 pm

CRB

Postby CRB » Wed May 06, 2015 3:59 pm

Yep.
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

Socrates

Postby Socrates » Wed May 06, 2015 4:03 pm

Cheers CRB, you really are the go to man regarding Belstaff.

Actually, you might be able to help me. I have a Belstaff green Snetterton leather jacket but the press stud on one of the cuffs has broken. Is there anywhere that you can buy replacements? I tried calling Belstaff but they don't stock them.

Return to “Miscellaneous Jackets”