Belstaff Mutant

This forum is for the care and preservation of your jacket(s). You will learn how to protect, maintain and even restore your jackets here.

Moderator: Mike

Thebaron1972

Belstaff Mutant

Postby Thebaron1972 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:35 pm

Hi guys,

I have got a Belstaff Mutant, the thinner version, & when worn the outside coating seems to wear off quite quickly exposing the yellowy lining underneath. I know there doesn't seem to be many of these about. Anyone else had problems & if so HELP!?

:mad:

Thebaron72

CRB

Re: Belstaff Mutant

Postby CRB » Mon May 15, 2017 2:40 pm

Not heard of this before. can you post a photo ?
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

Thebaron1972

Postby Thebaron1972 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:17 pm

CRB,

It's this 1

https://accent-5urax5cqgc6k.netdna-ssl. ... 9_copy.jpg

Many thanks

Thebaron72

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Mon May 15, 2017 7:23 pm

I have that exact same jacket, and I'm afraid I have the same problem. It has only started recently, but pieces of the top layer has been falling off, exposing the yellow under-layer. It is mostly around the collar where I suspect the rubbing against the neck exacerbated the condition. But there are small specks coming off in various places on the jacket also. Nothing too noticeable though.

Needless to say I was very disappointed that this would happen to a Belstaff garment. :waiting:
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

Return to “Jacket Care and Preservation”