Movie Leather Jacket / MOVIELEATHERJACKET.COM

This forum is to be used to discuss shady practices, deceptive claims, poor quality merchandise, misleading practices, etc. This section is not to be used as a complaint outlet towards established vendors, but as a constructive and useful tool about the business practices of new/lesser known vendors.

Moderator: Mike

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Re: Movie Leather Jacket / MOVIELEATHERJACKET.COM

Postby Rick » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:50 pm

Movie Leather Jacket uses stolen intellectual property to sell their jackets. They are now also known as Leather Fever and are up to the same tricks, except they use more film stills in place of the member jackets that they used previously.

The original post was made by Cole and is shown in its entirety below this post. I am not trying to take credit for the astute observations of others, but I took screen captures at the time it was pointed out and now that the links are either dead or redirect to another site, the original offending images are no longer there. But we feel that it is important that you understand the level of ethics that you are dealing with. The mentality that you can just take whatever you want and try to profit from it is not something that we support here.

First off, the Terminator jacket. This image was stolen from FILMJACKETS.COM and I know that because when I took the early images for the site, I skewed the aspect ratio of the images. The slightly narrowed image used on the Movie Leather Jacket site shown below...

...was taken from here:

Next up is the image of the jacket in the mannequin. You are not getting this jacket, because it is a Bates Custom Leather jacket. Compare the pop-up image in the middle to the image on the right side marked "Original Image".

That original image is here. It was stolen from the Profiles in History auction that we discussed here. Below is the original image for you to compare. Note the backdrop color change in the upper left side of the image.

Every image on this page, has a corresponding image on our site. Carlito's Way, Mystic River, My Cousin Vinnie? Not exactly high demand jackets. Vendors like this will often take whatever jackets they feel look good without possessing the knowledge of why these jackets are on our site. They basically steal all the images they can to set up a store so that it appears that they have a huge selection, but they gave no thought to what will sell. It is all filler.

Let's go to Movie Leather Jackets Layer Cake replica. It looks really nice. That is probably because it is not their jacket either.

Compare the side-by-side image of Dan from Logan's Closet to the image that Movie Leather Jackets is showing and you will see that it is the same exact unauthorized image.

Here is the original image:

And of course, to go with the image, you have the sneaky and malicious fake customer feedback.

Now, the beautiful House, M.D. jacket. Except nobody but us (FILMJACKETS.COM) ever referred to the Aero Leather Clothing Highwayman jacket as a "House, M.D. Jacket 2 (Not Screen Used)". This jacket has NOTHING to do with House, but I accidentally came across Hugh Laurie wearing the Highwayman and sent the image to Mark Moye formerly of Aero Leather US as I thought he would get a kick out of it. He began using the image in the Aero eBay auctions. We added it to the site for the heck of it, but it was never seen on the series. Ever. Wait, the American Flag behind the jacket? Why that what Aero Leather US has for a background...

...and sure enough, here is the original image from the Aero Leather US eBay store.

Then we have the Live Free or Die Hard Jacket... with a very familiar image :thinking:

It is familiar because it is my clumsy Photoshop work. This is the image we used with permission provided we Photoshopped the picture for privacy reasons.

Here is the original (almost):

Then we have this gorgeous, but difficult to wear jacket from Smallville, that was made by one of our partner companies Ocean Drive Leather. I think it retailed for about $1400 US but you can get it from Movie Leather Jacket for only $199 with free shipping. Good deal if it was not a lie.

Just so you know that we are on the up and up, here is the original image:

Finally, we have this Indiana Jones jacket. Granted, it has the Tony Nowak Original label in it but Movie Leather Jacket stolen everything else on their site, so why stop now?

The jacket was shown here by one of our members who recognized the carpet as the same one in his house.

Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean. -- Ryunosuke Satoro

Cole

Movie Leather Jacket / MOVIELEATHERJACKET.COM

Postby Cole » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:50 pm

Another great contender for our Hall of Shame for using stolen pictures to sell their jackets.

1.) Call me paranoid, but I know that chin

http://www.movieleatherjacket.com/products/Daniel-Craig-Layer-Cake-Jacket.html

here ist the original

http://www.filmjackets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=138&p=37689&hilit=layer+cake#p37689

2.) Stealing Aero leathers own picture from ebay.

http://www.movieleatherjacket.com/products/House%2C-M.D.-Jacket-2-%28Not-Screen-Used%29.html

here ist the original

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aero-Leather-HIGHWAYMAN-Horsehide-Flight-Cycle-Jacket-/390278965577?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item5ade706949

3.) Here they are using one of Rick's pictures to sell their Die Hard 4 jacket.

http://www.movieleatherjacket.com/products/Live-Free-or-Die-Hard-John-McClane-Jacket.html

here is the original

http://www.filmjackets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=119&hilit=Die+Hard

They also use some UD Replicas pictures and god knows how many screen shots they got off this forum. :evil: :roll:
Jackets: Vanson X1 HH brown/red, Logan's Closet House jacket, TNO Surrogates, Belstaff M-Blouson, Belstaff Delta Force Blouson, Belstaff Patterson, FJ Hero jacket, FJ Bruno, Aero Leathers A2 38-1711-P, ODL B22 (size 38), ODL B17, BR Die Hard 4, G-Star John Connor TSCC jacket

DVD Connoisseur

Re: movieleatherjacket.com

Postby DVD Connoisseur » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:08 pm

I think I recognise the suede jacket owner in the Ethan Hunt replica pic as well. I'm sure it's the board's Andy1 (or his bro', mb1101). My guess is that this pic was pinched as well! :nono:

Ah!

mb1101

http://www.FILMJACKETS.COM/VENDORS/Magn ... ch-001.jpg

The ad:

http://www.movieleatherjacket.com/produ ... acket.html

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:11 pm

Dan and his photos are being ripped off as well. So this acehole deserves the current crown for theft, misdirection and out right piss poor form. :shame:
Do I need to email these douches too?

Thanks for the heads up Cole. :wink:
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

CRB

Postby CRB » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:49 am

And the Minority Report jacket photos.

Has anyone ever ordered from these guys ? At that low price I'm tempted to take a chance on a Midnight Run jacket ! haha.
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

thebluebus

Postby thebluebus » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:20 am

CRB wrote:Has anyone ever ordered from these guys ?

I can see from their website that their Hannibal King blouson seems to be the same one as the one I bought from elsewhere. The one photo they've got that isn't just a screencap is the same as the photo of it from other websites (although that could just be because they've pinched the photo, I suppose).

If it is the same manufacturer as my jacket, then they seem to be charging 50% more than every other vendor that sells it.

CRB

Postby CRB » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:48 am

I remember you bought from someone like this, which site was yours from ? Can't remember if I asked you what quality leather it is - how heavy / is it lamb or something else ? Cheers
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:52 am

Obviously, this is a double-edged sword. :facepalm:

We post these sites to warn our members of unethical sites and possible fraudulent vendors so the odds of anyone purchasing something of poor quality will be significantly reduced - but there will still be those who use these vendors simply because their prices are very low. While I understand the thought process behind this, you should know that you are taking a significant risk using these vendors.

Tony, in my opinion, I would let these vendors continue as is. When you warn them, they (sometimes) clean up their act on the surface. They may change their images - or even their business name - and start over, but you will still still be getting lower quality leather and poor details. That is exactly what we try to prevent.

I have a list of vendors that are like this. Bronzearmory, celebsjackets2011, hollywoodleatherjackets, hollywoodmoviejackets, hollywoodjackets, leathercult, leathernext, movieleatherjackets, oscarleatherjackets, theleathercloset, etc. There are getting to be quite a lot of them actually. At least LeatherNext uses their own photos, but the quality is not there (yet).

I expect that due to the offerings, most of these companies are getting the jackets from the same company or even worse, they are the same company. I would like to help stop the spread of garbage jackets as much as possible, and the only way we can do this it to keep people informed. Once they have the information about the unethical company and they still choose to do business with them, any negative consequences are their problem, as we have done our jobs

When this site was started, there a couple of sites like Abbyshot, Wested, etc. that sold a few jacket replicas from films, but they were reputable. Since we have started this site, we have created somewhat of a monster as there are dozens of sites that are selling absolute garbage. They come here, steal the latest jacket ideas from films and televisions that you guys post, take the images from here, and churn out low quality trash. The funny things is that when I first started taking screen captures, I did not know how to use the PowerDVD program too well and inadvertently set the aspect ratio incorrectly - giving the images a weird, stretched-out look. These "stretched out" photos are all over these crummy sites. :lol: Then they have the audacity to reply that anyone can take screen captures and they took the screen captures themselves. They just happened to get the exact same frame at the exact same skewed aspect ratio. Multiple times. Quite a coincidence, huh?

Since we feel somewhat responsible we try to keep an eye on these sites, and keep you informed. As always caveat emptor.

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:43 am

Points well made, and recieved. It just pisses me off to no end that these "vendors" (more like hacks) use photos for the end to their craptastic means, and can get away with it. :mad:
Only way to combat that is with those watermark banners across the images.
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:56 am

We do that with some of our larger original photos, but not with the screen captures.

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:41 pm

Would it help if the watermarks were on ALL the member photos added to the site? With consent of course. :smile:

Indy Magnoli

Postby Indy Magnoli » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:15 pm

Just got a tip off that these guys are using a photo of my "From Paris With Love" jacket. I sent them a message... have any of the other images been removed so far?

Kind regards,
Magnoli
+Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam+
http://www.magnoliclothiers.com

DAVIDYR1

Postby DAVIDYR1 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:22 am

Cole wrote:

They also use some UD Replicas pictures and god knows how many screen shots they got off this forum. :evil: :roll:

Thanks for the tip. I've found this one here, The UD Replicas Batman Begins: Street Racer,
http://www.movieleatherjacket.com/produ ... acket.html

And they've got a Bruce Wayne TDK Motorcycle Jacket on there as well.

I've found these two, are there any others I should know about? I can assure everyone that we have absolutely no affiliation with this website and the products being shown have nothing to do with our licensed goods.
Thanks again.
David
....as children we dreamed.

DAVIDYR1

Postby DAVIDYR1 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:13 pm

The Sales Office address listed on the website does not exist as an actual registered business, but it does show up as a residential home.
There is no phone number listed either.

David
....as children we dreamed.

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Yeah, it's at the end of a cul-de-sac. :wtf:
SHAY-DEE!!

Return to “Hall of Shame”