e-Leather Jackets / E-LEATHERJACKETS.COM

This forum is to be used to discuss shady practices, deceptive claims, poor quality merchandise, misleading practices, etc. This section is not to be used as a complaint outlet towards established vendors, but as a constructive and useful tool about the business practices of new/lesser known vendors.

Moderator: Mike

Rick
SITE ADMIN

e-Leather Jackets / E-LEATHERJACKETS.COM

Postby Rick » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:41 am

Our latest entrant into the Hall of Shame is e-Leather Jackets.

First, they were caught using images from Dan of Logan's Closet...

When this was brought to their attention, did they do the right thing and immediately remove the image? Nope. Instead they tried to argue the point by saying

Dear Sir

1. This pictures haven’t any similarity to your pictures
2. There are many Logan pictures circulate in net, and I got them with free blogs not from any official website or sole property.
3. Third parties are also selling these products on Ebay or Amazon.
4. Have you original similar pictures as shows in our website. If you have let us know, we will remove these picture after authentication.

If you have any objection, please write email to our legal department at legal@e-leatherjackets.com

Thanks and best regards
Rizwan

e-LeatherJackets.com

In other words, rather than them just using their own images, they are using everyone else's image, then challenging people to find the originals. Once you do that, they well remove the offending images. Of course, there is no legal department as stated in the e-mail either - since lawyers would have a field day with all of the copyright infringements on that site. So they change their image of this jacket to a non-Logan's Closet version. And then you can see why they were not using their own images.

But, I would question whether the new images are even theirs. Ask for a specific detail about that jacket. A close-up of the stripe - whatever. I doubt you will get it because I can almost guarantee that they do not have any jackets on hand. I would bet this image is stolen as well.

Why? The image below does not show the other side of the jacket as expected, but rather is the same exact image, just reversed.

This site is being downright sneaky too. They are misleading people who are not informed about jackets and trying to make it look like they are offering a great deal for $275. At FILMJACKETS.COM we educate them so they can make the best decision for them. Here is an another example of the misleading tactics you will find on this site...

If you click the X-Men 3 image in the center:

It brings you to this page below. Now, maybe they are using their own images (but I suspect not) and this site is not here to take shots at other vendors designs - only to educate and help people locate their favorite jacket(s). With that said, I have to ask just how this jacket is an EXCLUSIVE design for them - and on what planet the retail price for the jacket pictured would be $1200.00 USD.

Finally, and interesting spin on things when you get to the disclaimer.

They come right out and tell you that they could be infringing on third party rights. And they have the audacity to state that the photography there is copyrighted and there will be strict legal enforcement and a license fee for using their images. Seriously. It is okay for them to steal the intellectual property of others like Logan's Closet and Belstaff, but they do not want people stealing their images.

The text with the blue background was because the hyperlink to their business name in the text is identical to the background color rendering it invisible so it looked like a big blank spot in the text.

My professional advice is to steer clear of this company. Like most others, all they want is your money and they will lie, cheat and steal to get it.
Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean. -- Ryunosuke Satoro

Mistyd33

Re: e-Leather Jackets

Postby Mistyd33 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:37 am

Unfortunately, they still have Dans photos up http://www.e-leatherjackets.com/leather_jacket_detail.asp?PID=87

This is the 2nd option of a Wolverine jacket on their site. They outright tell you that there is no guarantee that they will give you a quality jacket, that the size will fit, etc!! Unbelievable!!!

God Bless (and open peoples eyes so they don't get ripped off!!),

Misty
Living for the Audience of ONE: Jesus Christ

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:41 pm

Seriously in all ways...messed up. They might as well have said: "Give us your money and we'll gladly shit in your hand in return".
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

fifthchamber

Postby fifthchamber » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:46 am

Disgusting attitude on show....

And the addition of the laws saying that people can't steal their photos is just an insult on top of the crap they think they could get away with before it was pointed out to them...Disgraceful attitude...

I'd be fairly sure that they won't sell anything to anyone using their own photos to "entice" custom, but I would happily wish that they never get anymore customers ever simply for them being twits when called on their illegal use of the photos...

Sick people...

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:21 am

Coincidentally (said somewhat sarcastically), only two days after this thread was published, this comment about FILMJACKETS.COM was made on the RPF.

Jaxonrodd1970 wrote:I bought the Explorer 2 jacket from them and when it was shipped to me and I was wearing that jacket for my friend’s bachelor’s party, its sleeve torn apart from the rest of the jacket. What a clumsy stitching they did to the jacket! They ruined my god dam party! They simply broke my trust. For me by doing that fleecing tricks they could have the shopping done only once but not again.

It is too bad that the poster chose the black buffalo jacket that currently only exists as a prototype in our studio, and has yet to be ordered by a customer. So of course, I have my suspicions about his motives, since within two days of this thread, the poster joined the RPF on 04/12/2012 and made 4 posts - two of which were (and I quote):

"wow incredible work...!" and the immortal "no doubt, here are many of talented people"...

...the other two posts are the identical copies of the one I posted at the top, and one has since been deleted.

Here, we point out real things that we can prove with screenshots, other images and non-shill customer experience. This vendor is a liar and a thief. The fact that vendors like this spend the time and effort lying on other sites to try to disparage a reputable business, is in itself another reason to blacklist sites like these from your options.

I said it once and I will say it again. Sites like this are looking for a shortcut to get your money. If they only took all that time and effort and spent it on making a worthwhile product - and maybe took a few classes on morals and business ethics - we would have a notable contender in the replica market instead of a sneaky, cheating, thief and and now we can add "an underhanded liar" to the list.

Be careful. Be very, very careful...

Neville

Postby Neville » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:03 am

That thread is actually an enjoyable read. I would say that you definitely put him in his place.

I would bet that e-leather took that story about the jacket being crap and falling apart at the sleeve from one of their own customer complaints.

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:08 am

Hahaha, that is an interesting thought. As far as it being an interesting read, I appreciate that. I wanted to make lemonade from lemons. Big thanks to Apollo for bringing that to my attention.

Mistyd33

Postby Mistyd33 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:58 am

I should become a member of the RPF just to read the thread! :wink:

WOW!! When I read what Rick posted about what that idiot was trying to get others to believe :shock: I felt steam coming out of my ears :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: . The irony of all this is, that IF (and the likely-hood of such a happening ever occurring is just about even with winning the Powerball jackpot... twice) such a mishap occurred, such as stitching coming apart - Rick would take the jacket back faster then lightning, remake/repair whatever was necessary and made the customer completely happy, or refunded the money. THEN, RESEARCHED AND FOUND OUT WHAT HAPPENED SO IT NEVER HAPPENED AGAIN!! This dork already has his hiney covered in the fine print about 'quality of product' not being guaranteed, no refunds, etc!!!!

I'm not one to believe in vengeance BUT, this guy truly deserves a round of kick @$$!

God Bless,

Misty
Living for the Audience of ONE: Jesus Christ

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:01 am

Eye for an eye? :innocent: Just kidding Misty - I appreciate the support and confidence in us. We would never stoop to lying to get business or to make another business look bad.

Comedian03

Postby Comedian03 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:30 pm

What nerve of that guy on The RPF to post that, ridiculous. But at least this site and The RPF is such a close knit group, that everyone knows the difference, I've never ordered anything from you Rick but it's not hard to tell that you're not the type of guy who would sell a flawed product.

Rick wrote:We would never stoop to lying to get business or to make another business look bad.

I don't think you would need to make a business look bad, most of these guys do a fine job of that themselves lol.

fifthchamber

Postby fifthchamber » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:32 pm

Moronic.

I hope they're reading this just so they can see how much scorn I have for them...What a waste of breath....

Rick, I've never met you, and (sadly) never bought a jacket from you....But I would do. Anyday of the week if I had the cash.... You're a straight up bloke, and anyone of the hundreds of threads I've seen you write on show that to be the case...

The piece of human scum we're talking about in this thread on the other hand is so far down the scale that it rather hurts me to think about it.... Absolutely moronic.

I do love the fact that as a direct result of the (pathetic) attempt to get people pissed at you and filmjackets, people start coming here and joining instead....."Bovine retribution" I guess....Since we're in the leather world...

Just......Moronic.

Return to “Hall of Shame”