Supreme Couture / SUPREMECOUTURE

This forum is to be used to discuss shady practices, deceptive claims, poor quality merchandise, misleading practices, etc. This section is not to be used as a complaint outlet towards established vendors, but as a constructive and useful tool about the business practices of new/lesser known vendors.

Moderator: Mike

supremecouture

Supreme Couture / SUPREMECOUTURE

Postby supremecouture » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:51 am

When it comes to Celebrity Wear and Celebrity Jackets they cover all the Range of Jackets from Past, Present and the Upcoming Celebrity trend.

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Re: Supreme Couture

Postby Rick » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:49 am

supremecouture wrote:When it comes to Celebrity Wear and Celebrity Jackets they cover all the Range of Jackets from Past, Present and the Upcoming Celebrity trend.

And they do it poorly.

Congratulations! The fastest way to get your business into the Hall of Shame is to come here and spam the site. Well done.

I removed the links, but I am sure you can find them if you want them. I think that the site comes up when you Google 'garbage.' This manufacture is using the standard stolen screen captures from this site, using film, actor and celebrity names and film stills to sell their jackets.

Thank you for those who brought this to my attention.
Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean. -- Ryunosuke Satoro

BlofeldsCat

Re: Supreme Couture / SUPREMECOUTURE

Postby BlofeldsCat » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:27 pm

I am very happy to see Supreme Couture on this list. They have been an absolute nightmare. Total con artists. They also run a number of other sites including Ultimo Fashions. They are based in England with "offices" though their items ship from Pakistan and, according to PayPal (who have judged my dispute in my favour, their head office is in Illinois.

As soon as I made my PayPal payment I knew I was in trouble because the email address was a gmail address and didn't even contain "supreme couture". The name was leatherclub2@gmail.com. They also wanted £16 P+P despite posting the item within the UK. I argued the toss, they stood firm - saying it's a flat fee around the world - and so I had to give in and so I paid in good faith for a jacket that looked awesome (to me): http://www.supremecouture.co.uk/copper-rub-off-vintage-leather-jacket.html

My worries soon deepened. When I queried where my jacket was they said my size (large) wasn't in stock and their "expert tailors" were making one up. I got the distinct impression the had zero stock and just knock-up a cheap jacket whenever an order comes in and when it arrived I soon understood why they charged £16 P+P as it came from Pakistan.

And what I received was a travesty. It had the same design but it was a different colour (light tan instead of distressed, dark brown) and it had a different look and fit. I don't know if you understand when I say it was a different jacket despite looking the same - I'll try and get some pics to illustrate. Also, the label said Ultimo Fashions - not Supreme Couture - and the jacket (as all of Supreme Couture's jackets) were on the Ultimo Fashions website.

Upon investigation, I found out that the jacket was actually made by Heron:
http://www.heronleather.com/men/jackets/men-leather-jacket-style-J212.html and that Heron do not share their designs. Not only had they stolen Heron's design but also their images!!!

But that's not all........

I wrote a polite email to them explaining I wasn't happy, that I wanted my money back and a swift resolution. I made clear I didn't want any trouble and that I was aware of my consumer rights (and listed them). Their reply was unexpectedly cooperative but doubts were raised when they asked me to post the item back at cost (that they will later refund) as they, strangely, "lack the ability to arrange pick-up". I pointed out it's their legal responsibility to collect (not mine to post it at cost) and that their courier will easily take it back. They then launched an abusive attack, made clear they have no respect for the law or the consumer, and have now shut down all communication.

Multiple websites selling the same stuff from stolen images, gmail addresses - I have no doubt this is a couple of dodgy guys operating from home. I've learnt the hard way.

BlofeldsCat

Postby BlofeldsCat » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:48 pm

Here is the email exchange I had with them that brilliantly showcases their "customer service".

ME:
Hi,

By now you should already have my feedback as submitted via your online form but just in case you haven't, I am providing the information here.

I received the jacket on Thursday and was dismayed to discover that it is not what I ordered in good faith and so I wish for a full refund, including postage, as is my right as a consumer. The jacket is clearly not the same as the image on your website - which is what I ordered and believed I would receive. The colour is light tan instead of distressed brown and the leather and fit is not the same. It is evident that the jacket I received is a copy of the jacket posted on your website.

I have no wish for things to get difficult - I just want a full and swift refund. However, in the event that I meet with resistance I must point out I am well aware of my consumer rights - including the Sales of Goods Act and Distance Selling Regulations - which state I have 7 working days after receipt of goods to cancel my order and receive a full refund (including postage) within 30 days even if the goods have not been returned (though I will return them) and the selling company must arrange for pickup of items for return at their own cost.

I have also discovered that the jacket is actually made by a company called Heron and they confirm that they do not share their designs and jackets with other manufacturers or distributors. Furthermore, the image of the jacket on your website is the exact same image as what they have on their website. The only difference is that image-editing software has been used to "black out" the Heron label and so this is a clear breach of Trading Standards.

So, with that said, please refund my money with immediate effect. I am happy to liaise with you so that you can arrange pickup of the jacket by courier. Like I said, I have no desire for things to get difficult and just want a swift and satisfactory resolution as per my request. If I don't hear back Tuesday I will take further steps that I would rather avoid.

Regards

SUPREME:
Currently, we don't have the facility for pickup the parcel. We request you to please return this item to below address and send us a shipping fee invoice which you will pay then we will refund your full payment along with return shipping fee

We also want to resolved your case swiftly and quickly and your cooperation on this matter will be highly appreciated

ME:
Hi,

Sorry but that is not possible, nor is it my legal responsibility to do so. I have checked with Sky Net (the company who sent the package) and they are more than capable of arranging pickup and return for you so you can order through them. Please note that it is your legal obligation to return all monies, including postage, within 30 days even if I haven't returned the items.

Thanks

SUPREME:

OK FINE.. Choice is yours, go to courier/post office, whatever it takes to send this jacket back to us or complain to the trading standard authorities, waste your time and money and end up send this jacket back to us on your own. Your attitude will not lead to a resolution and this is the end of communication from us, until we hear back that you are shipping this item back to us. We don't have time like yourself to write big emails specially ones with attitude.

So take good care of yourself, we have been dealing with blackmailers like you since least 3 years. So these tactics wont work with us ..

Awaiting a sensible reply.

Talk about jaw-dropping. Calling me a blackmailer, admitting that they can pick up the jacket but that they don't want to until they get it back, refusing to refund within 30 days even if they haven't got the item back (which is the law) and showing contempt for the law and their breach of trading standards.

ME:
Hello,

There is nothing blackmailing about my stance nor any attitude. I am being very reasonable and I am standing by my legal rights. I also never said I would not send the item back - I merely pointed out what the LAW states.

But you want to talk about out of order behaviour? Really? Okay then:

"Out of order" is refusing to arrange courier to pick the item up when you know you CAN.
"Out of order" is refusing to operate within the law and contravening your legal obligation.
"Out of order" is ripping off someone else's designs.

Blackmailers and people with bad attitudes DO NOT purchase goods in good faith - nor do they send polite mails seeking a quick resolution.

I will give you one more chance to see that you have acted grossly erronerously in your email and see that all I did was - quite rightly - point out it is YOUR obligation to arrange postage, not me. The responsibility is yours. I repeat: you are legally obligated to return all monies, including postage, within 30 days whether you have received the items in return or not. I am more than happy for you to arrange pickup by your shipper, Sky Net, or any other shipper but the obligation is on you to do so.

I strongly recommend you re-read all correspondence and see that you have overreacted and that you are in breach of the law.
I then recommend you start the refund process and arrange pickup of the item. Item can be picked upon Wednesdays or Thursdays.

And still no reply back from them. BEWARE!!!!!!!!

They've seriously underestimated me. I work for one of the largest organisations in the UK. I have an internal email list of 36,000 employees and have already warned them of my experience. Granted, not everyone will care but if they tell just one person who then tells another....

I was going to take them through the small claims court but that would be time consuming and costly (until they got my bill) but I now have another plan. I will explain all once the matter is dealt with next week. :grin:

Mistyd33

Postby Mistyd33 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:29 am

Sorry to hear all you have gone through BC! GREAT EVIDENCE of just how SHADY AND CROOKED they are! Looking forward to hearing your plan :cool: :thumbsup:

God Bless,

Misty
Living for the Audience of ONE: Jesus Christ

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:41 pm

BlofeldsCat - I am truly sorry that you had to go through that.

You have our deepest gratitude for posting this here as well, because it is situations such as this that we are trying our hardest to help customers avoid. Actual examples of offending behavior speak volumes compared to what seems like my "sour grapes" posting about other "replica" jacket manufacturers and I appreciate that you shared this with all of us.

I love the Heron J212, as you can see here... If you order directly from Heron, you will not be disappointed.

Comedian03

Postby Comedian03 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:22 pm

Damn that's really bad luck. Being informed is everything when it comes to buying jackets online like this, when I clicked on the link to the Supreme Couture jacket, I recognized it right away as Heron's jacket.

BlofeldsCat

Postby BlofeldsCat » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Thanks guys. Really cheers me up to have your support. Rick, I'm glad you approve, I was worried you might delete the posts for being too critical. I tried to click your link to the Heron but it says I don't have permission to see the page.

My experience with SC almost put me off. The bright side is that the Hall of shame prompted me to join, post, and as a result I am rebuilding my trust via the people here and am on the verge of buying a jacket direct from FJ. So every cloud and all that.

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:28 pm

BlofeldsCat wrote:I tried to click your link to the Heron but it says I don't have permission to see the page.

Please make sure that you are signed in. That page is open to members only.

EDIT: I am such an idiot. I edited out the search criteria of the URL and clipped too much info - and no such thread exists. I fixed it now. :oops:

Scarfacetm1984

Postby Scarfacetm1984 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:42 am

Hi guys,think fell for their scam under the name Ultimofashions and oredered a jacket.Contacted them Earlier today asking for status of my order and if they received my email regarding size change and didn't have any response.Went for them as price was the one i can afford and they had kind of sizes that suit me.Wanted leather jacket for a long time and actually it would have been my first leather jacket...lol
Any more advice on how to deal with them?All help will be really appreciated.
Thanks

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:42 pm

All I can say is if you only contacted them today, please give them time to respond. There really is nothing to deal with at this point. If a few days go by with no responses, then I would start to worry. I wish you the best of luck and I hope that you receive a jacket that meets your expectations.

Scarfacetm1984

Postby Scarfacetm1984 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:00 pm

Rick wrote:All I can say is if you only contacted them today, please give them time to respond. There really is nothing to deal with at this point. If a few days go by with no responses, then I would start to worry. I wish you the best of luck and I hope that you receive a jacket that meets your expectations.

Thanks Rick,they actually responded today,saying they received my email and will take 8-10 days for the order to arrive although i confronted them as their website states delivery time not more then 4-8 days(business days).They said they will try to send my jacket asap.Glad i paid with paypal which gives me time,although wanted jacket asap.
Thanks

BlofeldsCat

Postby BlofeldsCat » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:17 am

Okay guys, Here is my update.

As I said before, PayPal instantly voted in my favour and would issue a refund as long as I posted the item back, at my own cost, to the cowboys. I was not happy about this at all but then there was a little glimmer - the postal address was in Illinois. So Supreme Couture wanted me to send the item back to their hovel in England, their jackets are shipped from Pakistan, and their registered address with PayPal is in America. I Google mapped the address and it seems to be some in the sticks industrial park so I happily stumped up the £20 and mailed it off - because the item would not go where Supreme wanted it to. So either they lost the item altogether or had to pay out of their own money to have it returned to England or Pakistan. And that works for me. Yeah, it cost me money but at least it wasn't to the benefit of these rip-off merchants.

Additionally, I not only posted details on my employer's intranet site (reaching some 30,000+ employees) but also managed to arrange an article to go on the cover page of the fortnightly webzine thing. As it was in the run up to Christmas, the article was presented as a "how to avoid being scammed" piece and proved to be extraordinarily popular. And as custimer service is a major part of my company, the focus on Supreme's outrageous behaviour stirred up a lot of anger from readers. And even better news, my company owns several other major names, each with thousands of employees, and the article has been shared amongst them as well. Okay, it's not reaching millions but word will get out and friends will tell friends who will tell friends.

And PayPal were true to their word. I got my refund, safe in the knowledge that I didn't have to appeal to Supreme's generosity. Instead they had the funds stripped from them. And now they're stuck with a jacket some 3000 miles away from where were obstinately insisting I return it to.

Cormorant

Postby Cormorant » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:00 pm

I enjoyed reading this.

Return to “Hall of Shame”