Imperial Leathers

This forum is to be used to discuss shady practices, deceptive claims, poor quality merchandise, misleading practices, etc. This section is not to be used as a complaint outlet towards established vendors, but as a constructive and useful tool about the business practices of new/lesser known vendors.

Moderator: Mike

fifthchamber

Imperial Leathers

Postby fifthchamber » Sun May 26, 2013 9:39 am

Hi all..

This is another one of those (oh too common) photo stealing, paint up their (crappy, no doubt) products to make them seem decent.. Slap (tacky) tags all across the photo to prevent OTHER people stealing "their" photos (funny how they seem to deem that reasonable after nicking the photos in the first place eh?), and selling for a price that's probably far over the "fair" price for the tat that they make companies....

Imperial Leathers....

While I can't comment on the "quality" of their garments, I can certainly comment on the fact that they're using someone else's photos, and other companies jackets to sell their "faux Indiana Jones" cack...

Why do I know this you ask?

Cause'...The person in the first photo is me....LOL...And I'm wearing a Wested Leather LC.....(Since passed on to the mate who noticed this stupidity on eBay and told me about it tonight)...The first photo is me, the second photo is Indiana Jones wearing a Nowak, and the third? God knows..But I'm probably not far in thinking it's NOT their "faux leather" wonder-jacket...

Here's the link to the eBay page..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Indiana-Jones-I ... 2ec82eb693

Dodgy use of other people's photos to sell what sounds like something no-one would be happy about showing a REAL photo of on eBay....

Imperial Leathers...Stay clear people...They're dodgy.

Regards..

fifthchamber

Re: Imperial Leathers

Postby fifthchamber » Sun May 26, 2013 10:10 am

Since I've sent them a notice to take the photo down, I'm sure they will be doing just that...But here's the original (stolen) photo on their eBay page for posterity....

Quite why some companies do this I'll never know...It makes very little sense to throw yourself out under the train in this manner....

Not that my heart's bleeding for them, but still..It's just offensive...

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Sun May 26, 2013 6:26 pm

Low down dirty son of bitches...
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

fifthchamber

Postby fifthchamber » Sun May 26, 2013 9:41 pm

Just dumb....

As far as I can tell, they've just taken the photo I posted on ClubObiWan (Or Indy Lounge? Not sure..), and cut out the living room that I took the photo in to make it "work"...

Seriously low life practice....

I'm interested to see their real jacket........Faux leather always sounds promising......LOL

:facepalm:

Return to “Hall of Shame”