Belstaff Counterfeit/Ripoff artists on eBay

This forum is to be used to discuss shady practices, deceptive claims, poor quality merchandise, misleading practices, etc. This section is not to be used as a complaint outlet towards established vendors, but as a constructive and useful tool about the business practices of new/lesser known vendors.

Moderator: Mike

TheStuntman

Belstaff Counterfeit/Ripoff artists on eBay

Postby TheStuntman » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:52 am

Hey Everyone
I created this topic as I have seen a steady increase over the past year of Counterfeit Belstaff items popping up on eBay Worldwide. Most of the time, being Malenotti-era items. Most have been slipping right thru the cracks of eBay. With individuals being ripped off, many not even knowing it. To top that off, there has also been a massive increase in certain Sellers price gouging. Charging sometimes 5 times the amount of what the item's true worth value is. Both of these types of Sellers tend to use stock/stolen photographs. In many ways tricking the uneducated buyer.

Now I know we are not the "Belstaff Police". But under the new ownership, the company has slacked off and done jack squat to stop this activity. As I have stated before, it usually takes more than one report to have an auction taken down. But if we make this a team effort, there is no way we can't make a dent.

In your ebay searches, if you come across a suspicious looking Belstaff auction. Post the auction number here with a brief description why you believe it to be not on the level.

Stunt :grin:
"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

CRB

Re: Belstaff Counterfeit/Ripoff artists on eBay

Postby CRB » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:03 am

Happy to post them on here , thanks for thread. Amount of fakes in the last 12m is shocking
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:59 am

Our old friend divadivausa_chic (Worldwide)
181511276262 (might notice a familiar picture, eh CRB?)

koro_akha (eBay Germany)
Likes to sell cheap chinese-made Gangster Blousons. Was selling the popular S.Icon Blouson under another name in July. Exact same type of pictures.
Check out the rest in different sizes. ALL the Same pictures used. Even mixes Malenotti and Labelux model pictures. Classy.

181515607591 (Fake McQueen Blouson)

lokobeat
Fake Belstaff and Barbour jackets
271597261935 (Barbour A7)
271596281995 (McQueen Blouson with images taken and cropped from a french website)
271596293013 (Legend)
271596298043 (Roadmaster)
271596309704 (Barbour Women Jacket? lol)

Thats just a few to get started.
Stunt :thumbsup:

CRB

Postby CRB » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:12 am

Hah! What a little shite! That's in my cinema room. Will raise it with eBay when I get home
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

CRB

Postby CRB » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:19 pm

Wrote to the guy and he wrote back very offensively . Turns out the bag had just sold anyway. Contacted eBay but they never ever get back to you.

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:52 pm

111454366979 (yet another McQueen Blouson) eBay UK

These things are running rampant.
Stunt :facepalm:

Cole

Postby Cole » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:52 am

CRB wrote:Wrote to the guy and he wrote back very offensively . Turns out the bag had just sold anyway. Contacted eBay but they never ever get back to you.

That is exactly what happened to me with some a-hole who used pictures off me to sell an H-Racer. The jacket sold before eBay even reacted.
Jackets: Vanson X1 HH brown/red, Logan's Closet House jacket, TNO Surrogates, Belstaff M-Blouson, Belstaff Delta Force Blouson, Belstaff Patterson, FJ Hero jacket, FJ Bruno, Aero Leathers A2 38-1711-P, ODL B22 (size 38), ODL B17, BR Die Hard 4, G-Star John Connor TSCC jacket

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:26 am

151406282034 (Fake McQueen Blouson) UK
181521456103 (Same as Above) UK

111457512686 (Looks mostly Legit, but the interior buttons are bothering me) US

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:07 am

LOOK AT THIS! These bastards got away with selling counterfeit colonials

And Sellers
petsoundz
yunysacneye, adyhussain & admamhussain2011 (SAME Seller)
buffalow-bargains
pepsibigtruck2010
antongb
mhill80
adnen896one

And these ones are trying right now.

thebluebus

Postby thebluebus » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:42 am

TheStuntman wrote:And Sellers
petsoundz

This is the same seller that sold me a fake Barbour Tokito jacket.

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:45 am

Blue wrote:
TheStuntman wrote:And Sellers
petsoundz

This is the same seller that sold me a fake Barbour Tokito jacket.

We need to take this SOB down.

Stunt :twisted:

Jens_Hoppe

Postby Jens_Hoppe » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:55 pm

I wish you guys would elaborate a bit on what exactly makes these items recognizable as fakes. To my untrained eye, many of them look perfectly ok, so I don't feel I am better equipped for spotting fakes after seeing these examples... :confused:
What are you, like 80?

Jens_Hoppe

Postby Jens_Hoppe » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:02 pm

For example, take the brown Roadmaster mentioned above. A couple of years ago, I started a thread asking for your opinions on a Racemaster jacket I had at the time. Back then it was mentioned that the tags had a model sticker and barcode on them, and that was a good way of recognizing the real thing.

But the Roadmaster in the recent auction has that too...
What are you, like 80?

thebluebus

Postby thebluebus » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:18 pm

Jens_Hoppe wrote:I wish you guys would elaborate a bit on what exactly makes these items recognizable as fakes. To my untrained eye, many of them look perfectly ok, so I don't feel I am better equipped for spotting fakes after seeing these examples... :confused:

Regarding the Barbour Tokito I mentioned, I took crb's thread about that jacket way o/t banging on about the details of the fakery, so you can see that there.

Sadly, often I think the only way to know something is fake is to have had experience of the real thing to compare to. The details and materials are what give away the forgeries, but sometimes in areas that the "layman" would never notice.

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:01 pm

Hey Jens
I would love to actually put together a little segment about the fake colonial bags. I will start working on it this evening. The big differences that always catch my eye are the belts, stitching, emblem and how the canvas looks. Oh, and the color combinations. Most, if not all of the counterfeits made today use the magnetic snaps. according to what I learned, they changed over to using this because the belts would not hold up to continued use.

Anybody who wants to handle the jackets can go right ahead. I already have a topic about this somewhere here on the forum.

Stunt :)

Return to “Hall of Shame”