Have I bought a fake?

This forum is to be used to discuss shady practices, deceptive claims, poor quality merchandise, misleading practices, etc. This section is not to be used as a complaint outlet towards established vendors, but as a constructive and useful tool about the business practices of new/lesser known vendors.

Moderator: Mike

happyiam

Have I bought a fake?

Postby happyiam » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:27 am

Hi all.

I've noticed this seller selling a few of these which he claims were from a Liquidation Sale, and therefore cannot guarantee if they are fake or not. Having bought one it looks and feels genuine but I could do with some experienced eyes having a look over if that's ok.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MENS-BELSTAFF ... true&rt=nc

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Re: Have I bought a fake?

Postby Rick » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:24 am

Can you show actual images of your jacket rather than a link to the eBay auction? It is possible that the auction jacket is authentic, but what you receive may not be...

Personally, I would steer clear of anyone selling an "authentic" jacket who cannot guarantee it is real. Sounds like they are trying to cover their asses. When you think about it, why would someone buy a lot from a 'liquidation sale' without knowing if they are authentic? The goal is obviously to sell then for a profit, but how do you set the cost without knowing what you have to begin with? It smells fishy to me...
Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean. -- Ryunosuke Satoro

l0fielectronic

Postby l0fielectronic » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:38 pm

To me the listings do look a little suspect, I'm not familiar with this model but the material looks quite thin on that first photo. I see hes sold seven of these now over the past few months.

As Rick has said though some decent photos of the actual jacket would be helpful as the auction ones aren't that great.

thebluebus

Postby thebluebus » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:30 pm

l0fielectronic wrote:I'm not familiar with this model but the material looks quite thin on that first photo.

Exactly my first thought.

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:44 pm

Looking at the pictures on that listing I'm fairly certain that is a cheap knockoff. The shape is all wrong. Plus he has several of these listed as well. :redflag:
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

happyiam

Postby happyiam » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:41 am

Thanks for your input. I'll take some photos in the next 48 hrs and post them online. Is there anything I could photograph to give a clear indication as to its authenticity?

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:59 am

Hey Guys
It's a fake, seen this model duplicated before. The distressing caused by the wax isn't present. And the Font used to tell us the model is not correct.

Definitely contact eBay and then Paypal.

HERE is a genuine Trialmaster Replica Evolution
http://www.accentclothing.com/mens/brands/belstaff/clothing/coats-jackets/belstaff-trialmaster-replica-evolution-black

Sorry brother, my friend went thru this recently with a fake Roadmaster.

Speaking of which I was informed by my former Belstaff top source that there are a flood of Leather counterfeits making their way thru the market and flooding eBay. And many are being sold right beside genuine models, sometimes by the same vendor.

I will post links to examples in my Counterfeit thread.
Stunt :facepalm:
"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

happyiam

Postby happyiam » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:29 am

here's the link guys to some photos I took this morning

https://www.flickr.com/photos/76261146@ ... 850111037/

l0fielectronic

Postby l0fielectronic » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:41 pm

Unfortunately, seeing those photos it is clearly not a Belstaff Trialmaster Replica Evolution.

Most obvious is the logo, wherin the stripe just ends, googling the model I can see many fake sites selling this jacket all with that same error.

http://www.torobravos2014.com/image/cac ... 24x768.jpg

from

http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php ... uct_id=688

If you aren't happy with what you've bought hopefully you are still in time to contact paypal/eBay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

happyiam

Postby happyiam » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:51 am

Thanks for your advice and support on this everyone. I'm posting it back for a full refund. Hoping the refund will include the return postage.

Now I've seen the genuine logo it's so obvious. I'm slowly getting my eye in when it comes to fake Belstaffs so thanks.

Even the weight of the jacket I bought is dubious, it feel like a quilted jacket with chip fat on it and the belt buckle feels so cheap.

Thanks again.

Return to “Hall of Shame”