South Beach Leather / SOUTHBEACHLEATHER.COM

This forum is to be used to discuss shady practices, deceptive claims, poor quality merchandise, misleading practices, etc. This section is not to be used as a complaint outlet towards established vendors, but as a constructive and useful tool about the business practices of new/lesser known vendors.

Moderator: Mike

jwrites

Postby jwrites » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:53 pm

One last thing I'd say about Southbeach - their sizing is a little weird and I've heard of a lot of people getting a size that wasn't quite right. I recommend going a little bit bigger than you think you'll need, that way you can always have it altered smaller.
And yes, it will probably cost you $20-50 to get the item altered, but at least then the fit should be perfect. And you can factor that later expense in when you're paying a lot less for the item to begin with and see if it still makes sense. (kind of like when I buy that last pair of jeans that's marked 50% off even though they're a little too big for me - I know I can have them tailored and still come out ahead).

Oh, and P.S. I've ordered 3 items from them and they have all been thick leather, so maybe they don't use thin leather anymore or maybe it depends on what you order. All of the items I've purchased have been cowhide for what it's worth.

bestine

Postby bestine » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:06 pm

This actually confuse us more.

South Beach Leather

Re: SOUTH BEACH LEATHER

Postby South Beach Leather » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:21 pm

We are very much helpful for our customers, We can accept return / refund for custom made garments, & no one can offer refund for custom made items,
But one side shipment you have to pay,

agent5

Postby agent5 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:36 am

Is South Beach Leather actually on South Beach?

If so, why is their partial street address in New York? That's a ways away, isn't it? Why woulnd't the address go to where they're located?
"Men will clutch at illusions when they have nothing else to hold to." - Czeslaw Milosz

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:37 pm

I searched for the address and apparently it's located in Coram, Long Island, NY. A 'hamlet' in Suffolk county. Hmmm...
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:19 pm

I am not following the train of thought here... We could name the site Okefenokee Filmjackets if we wanted. Or we could run a subsidiary business called Grand Canyon Leathers from Pennsylvania. The name sounds cool. Maybe they moved from South Beach and did not want to change the name?

Kittlemeier

Postby Kittlemeier » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:51 pm

Hey Rick, the Okefenokee is only forty five minutes from here. Welcome to the neighborhood. Watch out for gators. :lol:

Sorry, I'm just always surprised when someone knows that word and they're not from anywhere near here.
"I am reminded that if ignorance is a wellspring of fear, righteousness is its favorite refuge."

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:57 pm

That's a mouthful. No wait this is a mouthful... :drinking1: Okayfanokaywithcooljackets.com sounds good to me.
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

shadow121

Re:

Postby shadow121 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:12 am

jwrites wrote:Oh, and P.S. I've ordered 3 items from them and they have all been thick leather, so maybe they don't use thin leather anymore or maybe it depends on what you order. All of the items I've purchased have been cowhide for what it's worth.

any pics you can post? :smile:

btw due to southbeachleather's attempt to restore their reputation here i checked out their site. the products they offer don't look high quality at all. this jacket in particular:

DavidCoppola

Postby DavidCoppola » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:10 am

Words can not describe how horrible that looks. :vomit:

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:28 pm

Whoa!
That almost looks like shiny nylon or part of one of those bagged Halloween costumes.

Stunt :grin:
"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:04 pm

I wouldn't expect anything less from them. :roll:

shadow121

Postby shadow121 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:29 am

i can't believe this guy. he keeps appearing in threads and redirecting people to his website. it's like even he can't see how terrible his products are.

Indiana G

Postby Indiana G » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:30 pm

look at the way the zipper pull sticks out horizontally on that one chest zip.....it tells me that the leather is not even substantial enough for a proper drape. that is one jacket that i wouldn't advertise if i was a proprieter of leather jackets. it looks no better than a halloween costume and i would probably guess that she would fall to peices long before it would break in and age.

it is far from the leather that i've seen on their WOW jacket.

Return to “Hall of Shame”