"Minority Report" Jacket

We have all had those defining moments when we noticed a film personality on the silver screen wearing a fantastic leather jacket. Or maybe you fell in love with James Dean’s iconic red windbreaker. You thought it looked so great and you knew someday you would have one just like it. This is a forum to discuss those jackets.

Moderator: Mike

DavidCoppola

Re: "Minority Report" Jacket

Postby DavidCoppola » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Too funny... was talking to my mother about movies and she told me she watched some of a movie the other night with Tom Cruise, a futuristic movie.
She said he was wearing a black leather jacket that looked a lot like mine.
She wasn't sure of the movie. I asked her about the plot. We both agreed that it was MR.
I went into detail about the whole Film Jackets thing.
To which she said, well, it looks better on you.....

Gotta love mothers!... :grin:

DavidCoppola

Postby DavidCoppola » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:24 am

Quick pic of my friend Mary and I out New Years Eve with the MR jacket on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Edgar Laurel

Postby Edgar Laurel » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:31 pm

This is probably my next JAL jacket.
You got to love the look of that leather.
Just a questiond... I read somewhere that this jacket doesn't have a lining. Is that true?
(I could just email Jonathan but since I'm around here.....)

CRB

Postby CRB » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:14 am

The one in the film had no lining, but I don't know about JALs retail version. I'd prefer one actually, if I ordered one.
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

Edgar Laurel

Postby Edgar Laurel » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:26 am

It seems that Jonathan makes this one with a leather lining or reversible which I think is a great option.

Tiberius

Postby Tiberius » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:28 am

The fully reversible version is awesome; I've worn both 'sides' of mine quite often, though at first I thought I was only going to use one side more predominantly.

Just make sure you decide on some good colours when you order...it's essentially getting two jackets in one, so have a good think about what colour the design would look good in aside from black (assuming you're getting one side black).

I think there should be a clarification here about the 'lack' of a lining in the original film jacket. I'm sure someone who has a non-reversible version can chime in here, but from what I understand the inside of the jacket has a lining, but the lining itself is leather (as opposed to satin or cotton). It's not like the Layer Cake jacket which only consists of the underside of the outer leather. Furthermore, the pockets consist of cotton 'bags' which hang free from the openings inside, against your kidneys. Owners have expressed their minor concern about snagging these pocket bags on things like door handles etc., but so far we have no real-world reports of pockets getting shredded due to accidental friction.

T.
Nihil tam incertum nec tam inaestimabile est quam animus multitudinis.
- Titus Livius

Return to “Film Jackets”