"Constantine" Jacket

We have all had those defining moments when we noticed a film personality on the silver screen wearing a fantastic leather jacket. Or maybe you fell in love with James Dean’s iconic red windbreaker. You thought it looked so great and you knew someday you would have one just like it. This is a forum to discuss those jackets.

Moderator: Mike

Rick
SITE ADMIN

"Constantine" Jacket

Postby Rick » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:28 am

Here is an interesting identifying feature. This is the lining of the jacket when Constantine tosses it over Father Hennessy (Pruit Taylor Vince). I thought it may have been movement and reflections but it appears again a couple of shots down...

Here you can see the same striped lining, the label and there is obviously a left inside pocket.

A little bit of collar detail:

Right side pocket...

...and left side pocket.

DarthWaffles

Postby DarthWaffles » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:54 pm

Just a bump. Anything new come to light? Would still love to get my hands on this one.

Arethusa

Postby Arethusa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:05 am

Shot in the dark, but the lining screams Paul Smith if it's not custom.

Texan

Postby Texan » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:11 pm

nice jacket

patrickz

Re: "Constantine" Jacket

Postby patrickz » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:20 pm

Nice Jacket, what are the weapons did he mostly used?

YFC

Postby YFC » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:52 pm

patrickz wrote:Nice Jacket, what are the weapons did he mostly used?

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Constantine

I also never noticed the lining on that jacket before. I like the simple 3/4 design, but that lining adds some interesting flair to an otherwise understated style of jacket. Pretty nifty.

mrjayt

Postby mrjayt » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:57 pm

That is nice, I wonder what it would look like with casual clothing.

Kj

Postby Kj » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:48 am

I've watched the Blu-ray a couple of times recently, great film (y'all seen the return of Chas Kramer after the end credits?).

I'm getting a fairly soft and thin material vibe from John's jacket, the way the light reflects off it makes it look like velvet.

http://www.availableimages.com/images/pictures/2005/constantine/aph_1.jpg
http://www.availableimages.com/images/pictures/2005/constantine/aph_7.jpg
http://www.availableimages.com/images/pictures/2005/constantine/aph_15.jpg

These url images range from 0-36, you'll find some great coat pics and hell desktop images!
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have always imagined." -Tony Nowak

man_of_film

Postby man_of_film » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:01 am

Has anyone found any new information about the jacket? Im still looking to own one myself.

MovieFan

Postby MovieFan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:41 pm

mrjayt wrote:That is nice, I wonder what it would look like with casual clothing.

Oddly enough, I have thought of this as well... Photoshop anyone? :thumbsup:

DarthWaffles

Postby DarthWaffles » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:07 pm

Courtesy of Too Much Garlic over on the RPF:

The interesting thing about the filenames for these pics is that they're labeled #1 and #4, so there may be at least two more detail shots out there I'm still trying to dig up.

Also, it appears that the item may have sold to "Hawkemoon" over at yourprops.com:

http://www.yourprops.com/John-Constanti ... 23754.html

I'll see if he/she is willing to take any more photos... especially of that tag.

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:17 pm

On hot pursuit!! :thumbsup:
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

DarthWaffles

Postby DarthWaffles » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:52 pm

Haha yeah I've wanted this one since the day the movie came out. I'm not sure what re-sparked my interest lately, I guess it was the bumps on this thread... but now I can't stop searching!

DarthWaffles

Postby DarthWaffles » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:04 am

Looks like it's resurfaced again. Who wants to go halfsies with me and share custody? :lol:

http://www.screenused.com/?sectionID=item-detail&subsectionID=index.cfm&item_id=16203

Kj

Postby Kj » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:30 am

ScreenUsed wrote:

This outfit was acquired by the production for use by Keanu Reeves as "John Constantine". The outfit consists of a CUSTOM-MADE TRENCH COAT, a white dress shirt made by Anto, with Keanu Reeves' initials on the Anto tag, tie, pants, belt, shoes, socks, monogrammed handkerchief with the initials "J.C." on it, as well as shoe covers for the sound stage, costumers tag, and original shoe box. This is John Constantine's signature outfit that is seen throughout the entire film. In addition to our ScreenUsed COA, this outfit comes with a Warner Bros. COA, confirming its use during filming.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have always imagined." -Tony Nowak

Return to “Film Jackets”