"Live Free or Die Hard" John McClane Jacket

We have all had those defining moments when we noticed a film personality on the silver screen wearing a fantastic leather jacket. Or maybe you fell in love with James Dean’s iconic red windbreaker. You thought it looked so great and you knew someday you would have one just like it. This is a forum to discuss those jackets.

Moderator: Mike

Rick
SITE ADMIN

"Live Free or Die Hard" John McClane Jacket

Postby Rick » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:10 pm

Added by suggestion of 'Herojacket.' Thanks!

Last edited by Rick on Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

michaeljcr

Postby michaeljcr » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:32 am

Looks good! Went to see the film yesterday and I was wondering who made this one!

Herojacket

Postby Herojacket » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:38 pm

I am beginning to think this jacket is a Bestaff. It is VERY similar in design to Leonardo DeCaprio jacket in the Departed it just has an A-2 type collar and the seams in the chest area are less prominent.

michaeljcr

Postby michaeljcr » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:51 pm

Herojacket wrote:I am beginning to think this jacket is a Bestaff. It is VERY similar in design to Leonardo DeCaprio jacket in the Departed it just has an A-2 type collar and the seams in the chest area are less prominent.

I'm hoping to get to the Belstaff shop in London this week as I'm going down there on business and should have some time to kill on Thursday. I'll ask them if they know while trying not to buy the War of the Worlds jacket...

zackwoolwine

Banana Republic

Postby zackwoolwine » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:05 pm

I am almost certain that this is a Banana Republic jacket from last spring. I just purchased the jacket off the auction site. I did not purchase it because I think it's the jacket, so no biggie if it isn't. But I do think it is. Here is the link to the auction...it's over now so I dont know if it will come up. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... TQ:US:11If someone will let me know how to attach pics here I'll do that as well. There was one pic of the cuff that really made me certain, but she added more pics to the auction and took that one off. The cuff is a button cuff and the slit was angled...you can see this in the die hard pics. anyway...I haven't seen this jacket anywhere else on the net, so it might be hard to confirm unless you go to the movie company.

zackwoolwine

liner

Postby zackwoolwine » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:21 pm

you can see in one of the screen grabs that the liner is the same color...and the wind flap is a perfect match...and the cuffs that I mentioned earlier.

Herojacket

Postby Herojacket » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:39 pm

Well if its not the same manufacturer for the Die Hard, it's a pretty great close enough. Nice catch!!

THEMAN

Postby THEMAN » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:13 am

I agree, that is a great catch, pretty much spot-on!
http://LogansCloset.com

Making Ultimate Apparel Reality

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:28 am

Awesome job! I am also confident that this is THE jacket. I did some searching and came up with this;

Fall Collection 2006
Classic Leather Short Zip Jacket
Color: Cognac
Style #416566
Price $450

...and of course, this

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:39 am

Here is another... (pardon my photoshop abilities)

zackwoolwine

wrong season

Postby zackwoolwine » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:53 am

so the seller had the season wrong, who cares! I'm stoked to see this jacket. I offered the seller a little extra to get it shipped quicker. I'll post pics when I get it. Does any one see any differences or do you think it's spot on...if not the same jacket?

zackwoolwine

last pic

Postby zackwoolwine » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:43 pm

Rick, where did you get that last pic...hadn't seen that one. Hopefully it fits...if not it might be back up for sale.

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:02 pm

Check your PM's :wink:

zackwoolwine

got it today

Postby zackwoolwine » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:48 pm

The jacket came in the mail today. It is unbelievable....much better quality, weight, and fit then I had expected. The color is much darker then the Banana Republic photos...or the ebay photos; it is exactly like the one in the movie. I still have not gotten confirmation from 20th Fox, but I am sure that this is the same jacket that was used. There are no differences at all...and the color is spot in. The cuffs the lining..everything the same. I am going to post pictures to the member jacket section, but haven't gotten to that yet.
Anyway, the jacket is great and I highly recommend it. The leather is a nice weight....not too thick, but definitely heavier then most "fashion" jackets. The color is a bit longer/larger as it looks...A2 style, and the wind flap is another nice detail. Just wanted to put up a post...will post pics soon.

tarquin

Postby tarquin » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:52 am

Hey! I have almost the exact jacket! I bought it 3 years ago from Banana Rep. It doesn't have the wind flap, and has a horizontal zip on the chest (left side), but everything else incl. colour is identical. I'm positive its Banana though.
Funny, normally I see a jacket in a film..THEN buy it.

Return to “Film Jackets”