"Indiana Jones 4" Indiana Jones Jacket

We have all had those defining moments when we noticed a film personality on the silver screen wearing a fantastic leather jacket. Or maybe you fell in love with James Dean’s iconic red windbreaker. You thought it looked so great and you knew someday you would have one just like it. This is a forum to discuss those jackets.

Moderator: Mike

CRB

Re: "Indiana Jones 4" Indiana Jones Jacket

Postby CRB » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:39 am

If I hadn't just ordered a Collectors Edition US Wings, I'd be seriously considering this. I still might ...
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

mimesis2nemesis

Postby mimesis2nemesis » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:51 am

DVDConnosseur has one... But his doesn't have the Belstaff logo... :thinking:
"Let this soaring wings take flight"
-M2N

tonicab

Postby tonicab » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:02 am

I don't buy it cause it is very expensive, but it is a limited edition and the Belstaff quality is not the label, but the leather.

New with tags... it is very very difficult to find.

CRB

Postby CRB » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:41 am

I tried two of these on today, they come up on the large size. They think it's made of buffalo. There are NO Belstaff emblems on the sleeve and NO mugshot if Harrisons head inside. There is however an 'Indiana jones' patch label and a small metal ltd edition badge (like the Hero jacket)
They cost £988 !! Ouch !! The ones with the picture patch inside and the Belstaff badge were prototypes.
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

DVD Connoisseur

Postby DVD Connoisseur » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:17 pm

Thanks CRB for clearing this up. I didn't know what hide had been used, only that the Indy jacket was something of an experiment for Belstaff as it was the first time they'd used it. I'm guessing they've used buffalo because it gains character very quickly.

The price of £988 is, I think, what they cost 3 years ago. From memory, the price went up at one stage to around £1008, perhaps due to the exchange rate, so it's good to know that their prices can come down a little as well as go up! Still, it's a lot of money for this jacket and I had to take a deep breath when I pulled the trigger on it (unlike the Dark Knight blouson which was an instant "must have" as soon as I slipped it on).

DVDC

tonicab

Postby tonicab » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:04 pm

Then, ebay jacket is fake?

DVD Connoisseur

Postby DVD Connoisseur » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:15 pm

tonicab wrote:Then, ebay jacket is fake?

I'm almost certain it's one of the jackets that was designed for promotional / prototype use as I've seen this style displayed in the media when the jacket was first announced. In fact, it's in a thread over at COW.

What I don't know is how this jacket was marketed in different territories - as you've suggested, it may be that the US had this version to differentiate itself from its "non-official" brothers!

I'm pretty confident it's a genuine Belstaff but the limited edition badge looks odd.

Just noticed the zip pull. They definitely weren't aiming for authenticity with this one! :lol:

mimesis2nemesis

Postby mimesis2nemesis » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:33 pm

If the one on ebay is indeed one of the Production jackets, then it is safe to say that it is the rarest version of the jacket?
"Let this soaring wings take flight"
-M2N

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:30 am

Yes,
It is certainly more rare. According to Bel, the ones with badges were used mostly as displays. It's still just as good as the others. No quality difference. Just maybe sat on a mannequin for a while. I have a friend in Orlando that also has one with the badge on the sleeve. He got his off eBay when the movie came out. It was on there for less than a day and he snatched it up. And he ended up paying like $2150 with tax. Insane price but, he is a die hard Indy-fan.

Stunt :grin:
"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:26 am

What the French?! $2k+... is some serious dough, but cost is relative to a fan.
I guess you could say the same about those rare Zimmerli tank tops that fetch $75 brand new for just one. :roll:
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

DVD Connoisseur

Postby DVD Connoisseur » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:34 am

Cheers, Stunt. This ties in with my thoughts / memories of this jacket. For a collector, the badged / publicity version would be quite a find as they would have been limited to one jacket per store (maximum). This explains the low number of the eBay jacket (11), too. The only thing that was throwing me were the comments in this thread from one poster that I should have just ignored as white noise.

Looking at the jacket, with the exception of the strange badge (which perhaps was an attempt to look "vintage"), it has all the Belstaff hallmarks. The wonderful patina is like my jacket - some of the Indy jackets from Belstaff I've seen have been smoother, more uniform in nature.

The other jackets that spring to mind in this category are a non-SA coloured publicity New Cougar (in Large - which seems to be a default position when they're producing prototypes) that I saw displayed with the Wanted display before they started production on the Forest Green version (and was subsequently sold to an interested party), the Wolverine-inspired Logan jacket (which never made it into proper production despite interested enquiries) and the hooded slimmer (?!) WOTW-style hooded jacket (the name of which I can't remember at the moment).

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:17 pm

DVD Connoisseur wrote:Looking at the jacket, with the exception of the strange badge (which perhaps was an attempt to look "vintage"), it has all the Belstaff hallmarks. The wonderful patina is like my jacket - some of the Indy jackets from Belstaff I've seen have been smoother, more uniform in nature.

This particular eBay jacket looks EXTREMELY vintage in general. It has a dry, flaky look to it that the others I've seen didn't really have.

The other jackets that spring to mind in this category are a non-SA coloured publicity New Cougar (in Large - which seems to be a default position when they're producing prototypes) that I saw displayed with the Wanted display before they started production on the Forest Green version (and was subsequently sold to an interested party),

Hmmm....I kinda like to see the difference.

the Wolverine-inspired Logan jacket (which never made it into proper production despite interested enquiries) and the hooded slimmer (?!) WOTW-style hooded jacket (the name of which I can't remember at the moment).

Saw and tried on the both of them at the NYC office last year. You really didn't miss anything DVD. They were not that good. Both were too bold for my taste. But you may still be able to find an odd one on eBay. Both were produced in small numbers. And if you can't find one, PM Bel. She can use her connections to try and find one for you.

Stunt :grin:
"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

CRB

Postby CRB » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:05 pm

Agreed. Someone was selling the Logan blouson on Ebay a while back at only £250 - was very tempted but wasn't keen on the white kidney panel. If it wasn't for that probably would have bought it.

MancDude

Postby MancDude » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:22 am

Well I bought a Belstaff Mutt jacket from the same seller selling the Indy Jacket. I am expecting delivery of it any day so I will get some pics up ASAP. Its the culmination of a 2 year quest to get a Belstaff Mutt - just hope I am not dissapointed! Even though I know I wont be, I tried the Mutt on in Belstaff Manchester last summer - lets just say the £1000 price tag was a little rich for me! Thats when ebay stepped in :smile:

DVD Connoisseur

Postby DVD Connoisseur » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:28 am

Congratulations, MancDude! I remember you searching for this jacket all those moons ago so it's great to hear you've tracked one down at a sensible price. :grin:

Look forward to seeing the pics!

Return to “Film Jackets”