"Indiana Jones 4" Indiana Jones Jacket

We have all had those defining moments when we noticed a film personality on the silver screen wearing a fantastic leather jacket. Or maybe you fell in love with James Dean’s iconic red windbreaker. You thought it looked so great and you knew someday you would have one just like it. This is a forum to discuss those jackets.

Moderator: Mike

MancDude

Re: "Indiana Jones 4" Indiana Jones Jacket

Postby MancDude » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:45 am

DVD Connoisseur wrote:Congratulations, MancDude! I remember you searching for this jacket all those moons ago so it's great to hear you've tracked one down at a sensible price. :grin:

Look forward to seeing the pics!

Thank you very much! It was a long wait but patience and perserverance paid off in the end (mainly a daily 'Belstaff Mutt' ebay search too!)

tonicab

Postby tonicab » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:57 am

MancDude wrote:
DVD Connoisseur wrote:Congratulations, MancDude! I remember you searching for this jacket all those moons ago so it's great to hear you've tracked one down at a sensible price. :grin:

Thank you very much! It was a long wait but patience and perserverance paid off in the end (mainly a daily 'Belstaff Mutt' ebay search too!)

http://cgi.ebay.es/Authentic-BELSTAFF-M ... 2a1155f969

Great jacket!!

Put a lot of pics pls.

What it is? Pins?

The seller is selling a lot of Belstaff jacket.

It is a pity he is coming from out Europe (I don't wanna pay taxes and customs), cause Belstaff Panther is amazing, but my favorite color is antique black.

I bought a jacket similar to this any days ago (summer version in same color):

http://cgi.ebay.es/Authentic-BELSTAFF-P ... 2a11834fe8

I will set pics of it when I received it.

Regards.

MancDude

Postby MancDude » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:45 am

tonicab wrote:
MancDude wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.es/Authentic-BELSTAFF-M ... 2a1155f969

Great jacket!!

Put a lot of pics pls.

What it is? Pins?

The seller is selling a lot of Belstaff jacket.

It is a pity he is coming from out Europe (I don't wanna pay taxes and customs), cause Belstaff Panther is amazing, but my favorite color is antique black.

I bought a jacket similar to this any days ago (summer version in same color):

http://cgi.ebay.es/Authentic-BELSTAFF-P ... 2a11834fe8

I will set pics of it when I received it.

Regards.

Yup thats the Jacket I bought! I gambled on the outside Europe thing - just received my import fee, only £11 which isnt bad at all.

I think the pins are what the Mutt character wears on his during the film. Nice touch if they are included.

I will get some pics up as soon as poss.

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:07 am

Gentlemen, the Mutt jacket has it's own thread. :wink:
Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean. -- Ryunosuke Satoro

jnicktem

Postby jnicktem » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Now, I am just curious, so please don't be angry or upset that I am asking this question. What is the allure of a Belstaff Indy jacket? Someone said that when Indy 4 came out they bought the Belstaff and the total price was like $2,100. Why is it so expensive? For that price in time I could've bought 3 Crystal Skull Nowak jackets, plus have money left over.

Just curious.

tonicab

Postby tonicab » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:09 pm

jnicktem wrote:Now, I am just curious, so please don't be angry or upset that I am asking this question. What is the allure of a Belstaff Indy jacket? Someone said that when Indy 4 came out they bought the Belstaff and the total price was like $2,100. Why is it so expensive? For that price in time I could've bought 3 Crystal Skull Nowak jackets, plus have money left over.

Just curious.

Limited edition. Quality too, but not for 2,100 dollars. High price for exclusive jacket limited edition. No more.

If the item would be in Europe, maybe I would buy it. But out of Europe, customs for me in Spain is the 30% of the item valor.

CRB

Postby CRB » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:28 pm

For me the attraction is the fit and the fact I can try it on before I buy it! I like the Belstaff fit and I like this one also. Plus the leather is gorgeous. I think Belstaff collectors aren't as obsessive as those over at COW about getting it SA.

I'm currently experimenting with Wested, Todds and USW for Indy jackets and not one of them is ticking all the boxes. I expect TN is a good option but I can't bear swallowing the customs charge that I would get being in the UK. Plus he doesn't do off the rack sizing so any mis-interpretations on measuring and it would be me at fault (same problem with Magnoli).
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

jnicktem

Postby jnicktem » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:49 pm

I guess I can understand that. Most people think I was crazy spending $650 on a TN CS jacket. Then they found out about my $1,250 TN Raiders jacket... and then my $950 TN Surrogates jacket.... :shock:

I have personally never tried on a Belstaff jacket. I don't even know where to find one by me. They do have a few models I like. I believe one is called the Trailmaster.

crismans

Postby crismans » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:09 am

jnicktem wrote:I guess I can understand that. Most people think I was crazy spending $650 on a TN CS jacket. Then they found out about my $1,250 TN Raiders jacket... and then my $950 TN Surrogates jacket.... :shock:

I have personally never tried on a Belstaff jacket. I don't even know where to find one by me. They do have a few models I like. I believe one is called the Trailmaster.

Yeah, I remember when I put down $300 on a CE Wings and thought I was nuts. Then came the Nowaks! :thumbsup:

It's all in what you want, I guess. Belstaff's just don't appeal to me that much (but, I've never had one either which is probably a good thing!) I like the idea of a custom jacket that I can get tailored exactly to me.

Did you ever show pics of your Surrogates, jnickterm? If not, put some over at the Surrogates thread. I'd love to see it.

jnicktem

Postby jnicktem » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:14 pm

I know just what you mean. I'm skinny, but tall. I have long arms. The best jacket size for me is usually a 42 L. However, the chest is too big. So really I am more of a 40 LL. I need the length of a 42 L, but the chest measurement of a 40 for a proper fit. That is why most of my jackets these days are custom made. It is the only way for me.

Haha and I remember the first time I spent a couple hundred on my first Wested. I thought that was a HUGE purchase! Now I have 3 Nowaks! :shock: My fiancee doesn't like me spending much money anymore (no shock there)... and wouldn't even let me get the new Todd's Bantu Wind jacket for $79.99. Oh well!

Jens_Hoppe

Postby Jens_Hoppe » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:22 pm

jnicktem wrote:So really I am more of a 40 LL. I need the length of a 42 L, but the chest measurement of a 40 for a proper fit. That is why most of my jackets these days are custom made. It is the only way for me.

Hey, that's just like me! And yeah, cool jackets with 21.5" chest and 27.5" sleeves don't show up en eBay that often! Let me know if you're ever selling anything. :wink:
What are you, like 80?

jnicktem

Postby jnicktem » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:05 pm

Likewise! :thumbsup:

THEMAN

Postby THEMAN » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Nowak Screen accurate LE
Belstaff replica size XL

Posted a comparo in the reviews section... viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3925
http://LogansCloset.com

Making Ultimate Apparel Reality

tonicab

Postby tonicab » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:25 pm

THEMAN wrote:Nowak Screen accurate LE
Belstaff replica size XL

Posted a comparo in the reviews section... viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3925

A question:

I set a post about an Indiana Jones Belstaff size XL was selling in ebay for 170 euros (from Spain). The post dissapeared mysteriously...

Original post:

tonicab wrote:Now in ebay from Spain:

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Belstaff-Indy-Ja ... 3cbda1d9c7

170 euros... :wtf:

What was happened?

Well I have the answer:

evil_mechanic ( Feedback Score Of 161) = THEMAN

http://offer.ebay.es/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V ... 0879538631

On the one hand anybody erased my post, and I don't know the reason, on the other hand THEMAN bought the jacket thank to my information for 170 euros. It is not necessary to say "thank you" to me, but I will say "you are wellcome" at least.

Next time, I don't say nothing if I say a +1000 dollars jacket for 170 euros.

Regards.

THEMAN

Postby THEMAN » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:17 pm

Hey there tonicab, I will gladly say, "thank you" if you originated that post... I never actually saw the post on the forum though, so I have no idea of what happened with it. I received a phone call that actually told me about the jacket available from Spain, and I am sure they got the info here as you've stated it. If I snagged a jacket you were intent on getting I am sorry as I did not know, but I do know I have missed out on other jackets I would have showcased here that have now been lost to us, so I am glad to have had the opportunity to get this one for the comparison.
Customers and friends have helped me get a hold of quite a few nice jacket details to help out the community via email, PMs, phone, text, etc... and I am truly glad we have that community together to accomplish these tasks. With my very limited time every little bit is a major help.
That is really your call on not posting a jacket found for sale, but if you don't have the means to get it, this community knowing about it may still get it to you.
I know I have acquired and then passed on jackets to a few members that were looking for them but couldn't get them for one reason or another at that time, so it all comes back around.
http://LogansCloset.com

Making Ultimate Apparel Reality

Return to “Film Jackets”