"War Of The Worlds" Jacket

We have all had those defining moments when we noticed a film personality on the silver screen wearing a fantastic leather jacket. Or maybe you fell in love with James Dean’s iconic red windbreaker. You thought it looked so great and you knew someday you would have one just like it. This is a forum to discuss those jackets.

Moderator: Mike

DavidCoppola

Re: "War Of The Worlds" Jacket

Postby DavidCoppola » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:32 am

Were there just two types?

SlapDaCap

Postby SlapDaCap » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:34 am

Sweet Thanks! Can't wait to go home and try it on. Took me forever to find one in this size. Now praying it fits properly.....

CRB

Postby CRB » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:43 am

DavidCoppola wrote:Were there just two types?

Three, basically: Bison (the original run), the winter and the summer one (both of which were called 'replica' leather). Replica as in movie prop and not replica as in plastic !
There were loooads of colour combinations though.
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

SlapDaCap

Postby SlapDaCap » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:54 am

I was happy to find an original Bison XXL with WOtW Patch and Tag. Will post pictures later tonight /tomorrow.

Wasn't a cheap jacket haha. Plan on wearing it a lot - not just to hang up.

SlapDaCap

Postby SlapDaCap » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:27 am

SlapDaCap wrote:I was happy to find an original Bison XXL with WOtW Patch and Tag. Will post pictures later tonight /tomorrow.

Wasn't a cheap jacket haha. Plan on wearing it a lot - not just to hang up.

After FINALLY getting this jacket - I am VERY glad I read this forum. People do not exaggerate when they say this jacket runs small. I'm 6ft. 178Lbs and this XXL fits good. NO way I could fit in an XL. I even think a XXXL would suit me better. (if anyone wants to swap). I got to say I'm very happy with the jacket overall - I was almost expecting it to be a little softer leather. Maybe because its older or possibly needs some hydrating. Does anyone here add any product to their HERO's? I'm looking to have some photo's up in the next day or so.

DVD Connoisseur

Postby DVD Connoisseur » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:40 pm

SlapDaCap wrote:
SlapDaCap wrote:Does anyone here add any product to their HERO's? I'm looking to have some photo's up in the next day or so.

You'll be fine with Pecard's leather dressing. Just add sparingly.

indymassilia

Postby indymassilia » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:07 am

A huge thanks to Tyketto ,to send the information about the Belstaff hero from french website "vestiaire collective" !
I just finished to send the paypal payment,happy to have this jacket to a good price,i don't write post from a very long time,and a few years now i have sold the Belstaff hero bison and finally regret it..
There is one actually from italy on ebay,bit a very expensive price..
Time to time around a year now,i try to pull the trigger on a new XXL size with a good price..
Also a few years ago( 8-9 years)i have already see and wear a XL size (same jacket)in a moto shop (but not buy it 1200€..)in Marseille ,my town,and i love the leather,much light than the bison version,better for winter,and in south of France you need and wear much often a summer leather jacket..
Again,thanks very much Tyketto !! :crazy2:

Tyketto wrote:
"If anyone's interested, there appears to be a genuine 'Hero' jacket on sale on Vestiaire Collective. Looks like a later summer weight version without the 'HERO' badge but looks legit. The good thing about VC is they check the item before completing the sale.

Seller seems a bit slow to respond to questions and got a bit fixated posting pics of the satin lining but if you're after an XXL...

http://www.vestiairecollective.com/men- ... 9880.shtml "

El Hüsto

Postby El Hüsto » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:45 pm

ifatos

Postby ifatos » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:53 am

Woman model....

indymassilia

Postby indymassilia » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:03 am

I received my belstaff hero summer edition jacket from french website " Vestiaire collective"last monday,only one week after sended the payment,very happy with it,absolutely new condition,a true beauty ,the leather is supple and have a very good smell :wink: !
Yes actually on ebay price on size XXL totally explode..1200,1500€..best and reasonnable price is around 700-800€..for this size and Bison or Gold version i though..

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:24 am

So,
Apparently Rick and WOWJACKET are selling their jackets on the same auction online :roll:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132404852868

Enjoy reporting!
Stunt
"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

johnnyobaileys

Postby johnnyobaileys » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:51 pm

Apparently Rick and WOWJACKET are selling their jackets on the same auction online :roll:

Hm! Saw that too so I figured that I should stop by here and see if any one else had noticed. Have it been reported?
Belstaff bison Hero
Belstaff/Goodwood Vee twin jacket
Belstaff Panther
Belstaff racing blouson
Limelight: Bastard son

ifatos

Postby ifatos » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:29 am

A new color is selling on ebay.de

https://www.ebay.de/itm/belstaff-lederj ... Swa3BaI9RZ

And sadly, people are bidding on that !!!! :wtf:

CRB

Postby CRB » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:28 am

It's like a Wolverine jacket mixed with a Hero design!
The bidding probably won't go far - so at 30Eur you'd be picking up something that's actually not bad value! Although it's a fake belstaff, it's still going to be a leather jacket at end of the day. I just feel sorry for the seller when they try it in and the shape and design is all over the place
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

topido

Postby topido » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Return to “Film Jackets”