"War Of The Worlds" Jacket

We have all had those defining moments when we noticed a film personality on the silver screen wearing a fantastic leather jacket. Or maybe you fell in love with James Dean’s iconic red windbreaker. You thought it looked so great and you knew someday you would have one just like it. This is a forum to discuss those jackets.

Moderator: Mike

ifatos

Re: "War Of The Worlds" Jacket

Postby ifatos » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:06 am

It seems the Denim hasn't got the same reference !!!

Tyketto

Postby Tyketto » Fri May 05, 2017 3:10 am

If anyone's interested, there appears to be a genuine 'Hero' jacket on sale on Vestiaire Collective. Looks like a later summer weight version without the 'HERO' badge but looks legit. The good thing about VC is they check the item before completing the sale.

Seller seems a bit slow to respond to questions and got a bit fixated posting pics of the satin lining but if you're after an XXL...

http://www.vestiairecollective.com/men- ... 9880.shtml

CRB

Postby CRB » Fri May 05, 2017 3:21 am

Yes that's genuine. And it's a winter version.
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

ifatos

Postby ifatos » Fri May 05, 2017 11:11 am

This one being a regular leather jacket, not a Bison, I don't know what are the measurements for an XXL !!!

Floydrose335

Postby Floydrose335 » Wed May 10, 2017 12:31 pm

Anyone know if these are worth a look? Aside from the seam down the back, it looks like a pretty copy. My only thing is you can't really tell the leather thickness or quality from the photos. Definitely looks like cow, but could just be top grain.
https://www.amazon.com/Airborne-Leather ... 3011&psd=1

DavidCoppola

Postby DavidCoppola » Wed May 10, 2017 5:00 pm

Well it "looks" nice, but....who knows? I wish Amazon would require vendors to provide specific measurements for all clothing, rather than the generic Amazon sizing. Or, provide a way of contact to the vendor.

Cole

Postby Cole » Mon May 29, 2017 12:17 pm

Look what Conan is wearing.

https://youtu.be/6jn8Ji0g5Rs
Jackets: Vanson X1 HH brown/red, Logan's Closet House jacket, TNO Surrogates, Belstaff M-Blouson, Belstaff Delta Force Blouson, Belstaff Patterson, FJ Hero jacket, FJ Bruno, Aero Leathers A2 38-1711-P, ODL B22 (size 38), ODL B17, BR Die Hard 4, G-Star John Connor TSCC jacket

CRB

Postby CRB » Mon May 29, 2017 12:43 pm

Oh yeah I remember when he first wore that - he had some awful dreadful jeans with it. I honestly think the jacket doesn't suit him. Not everyone can wear a leather jacket :)
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

welshade

Postby welshade » Mon May 29, 2017 12:48 pm

Was just going to post the same sort of statement, only some men can pull of the look with that jacket, and he definitely cannot .....

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Mon May 29, 2017 8:25 pm

I didn't noticed the jacket at all. I only saw Gal Gadot :cool:
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

DavidCoppola

Postby DavidCoppola » Tue May 30, 2017 5:10 am

She's hot and all, but I still think she could be more jacked for the role.

SlapDaCap

Postby SlapDaCap » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:24 am

I been following this thread for years. Love this jacket and have been saving and on the hunt for the right one. Due to the extreme crazy sizing (which has been great info by the way) I finally got my hands on a XXL. 42 blazer jacket typically - 6ft 178Lbs. Just hoping its not to small....

That leaves me the question. How do I know if I got a Bison Version or a Summer Version? Is there an easy way to tell.

I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow once the jacket arrives.

CRB

Postby CRB » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:34 am

We'll be able to tell with just one photo.

Oh and congratulations !

SlapDaCap

Postby SlapDaCap » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:20 am

CRB

Postby CRB » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:23 am

Yep, Bison

Return to “Film Jackets”