"Planet Terror" Cherry Darling Jacket

We have all had those defining moments when we noticed a film personality on the silver screen wearing a fantastic leather jacket. Or maybe you fell in love with James Dean’s iconic red windbreaker. You thought it looked so great and you knew someday you would have one just like it. This is a forum to discuss those jackets.

Moderator: Mike

Rick
SITE ADMIN

"Planet Terror" Cherry Darling Jacket

Postby Rick » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:34 am

Last edited by Rick on Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kittlemeier

Postby Kittlemeier » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:11 pm

Found this one. Don't know if it's current but here it is. Remove link and add pics if needed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Icon-Retro-Daytona-black-leather-jacket-red-BRAND-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6750QQihZ004QQitemZ140174838379QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

edit: found a pic that should work.

Looks like it's missing one patch.

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:29 am

You are one step ahead of me Kittlemeier. I was working on prettying up the pictures in Photoshop for posting. Heck, I had not even posted the pictures on the forum yet!

As you mentioned, there is an aditional patch on the Cherry Darling jacket. Also, the "Hooker Headers" patch has been replaced on the left side of the chest. I have no idea what the back of the Planet Terror jacket looks like though. I have a photo of the back of the standard Icon Retro Daytona Jacket and I am awaiting more info....

A day late and a dollar short - here are my pictures of the jacket:

Kittlemeier

Postby Kittlemeier » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:19 am

I just bought a bike and had looked through quite a few jackets since I didn't have anything actually made for bikes. This isn't one I had seen but I recognized the Icon logo from the arm of the jacket.

Herojacket

Postby Herojacket » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:44 am

No denying its the Icon. From the pics posted, it looks like the costume designers may have changed/ added a couple patches.

The patch about on her left chest doesn't look like the Hooker patch that's in the stock photo and there's another added patch on the left sleeve.

THEMAN

Postby THEMAN » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:06 pm

Nice... I like the cut of this one...
http://LogansCloset.com

Making Ultimate Apparel Reality

Herojacket

Postby Herojacket » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:49 pm

Icon actually makes some nice jackets for pretty reasonable prices. This one is called the Icon Retro Daytona I believe.

My fav is called the Icon Dead Man's Hand Dayton. It's a cool looking jacket imo.

jonny

Postby jonny » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:47 pm

Sorry I didn't have an account so I couldn't post before this. I own this jacket, and as soon as I saw Planet Terror I noticed it. It's a good jacket, I like the cut. You can wear it as a casual jacket if you want, if you don't mind the weight of a riding jacket. My other current riding jacket (motophoria torsion jacket) was too tight in the neck, but also a good jacket. The Icon Retro Daytona has perforations here and there which is a really good design feature in my opinion. If you need any information about the jacket, feel free to ask. And also, the patch that replaced the Hooker Headers patch is a red patch with a black globe and a yellow anchor. The globe is a series of lines, though I don't know a term for it. It isn't the Marines logo though. My guess is that they didn't want a stripper wearing a jacket with a bold "Hooker" patch. People could get the wrong idea. And the skull patch that was added on the left arm appears to be a skull with lightening bolts, a homage to Death Proof. Again, if you've got any questions, let me know.

ReturningSon

Postby ReturningSon » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:43 pm

Has anyone found out what the other patches are?

Sawyer

Postby Sawyer » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:49 am

My girl has this jacket. She loves Rose McGowan.

ReturningSon

Postby ReturningSon » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:39 pm

does anyone have an XXL? If so, could you please, PLEASE!!! post the underarm pit to pit measurements of this jacket? I am trying to find the right size! I wear a size jacket 50 (or an XXL)...Thanks!

ReturningSon

Postby ReturningSon » Sat May 16, 2009 7:52 pm

Ok, I posted a review of this awesome jacket in the Reviews section with alot of pics! Here is a teaser pic!

go to the Jacket Review section to check em out! :)

TheMechanic

Postby TheMechanic » Sat May 16, 2009 7:57 pm

"I looked for that jacket for 2 weeks. For 2 weeks." :D
Saoirse go deo

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Sat May 16, 2009 8:31 pm

Weird. The 1 red patch on the left chest was changed out to a bigger red globe. The Hooker header patch btw is too funny. The red skull/vintage lightning was added below the ICON logo patch on the left sleeve. Odd change of patch scheme :?
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

ReturningSon

Postby ReturningSon » Sat May 16, 2009 9:02 pm

Yeah, I am trying to find out what these patches are. I think both are military patches (remember, it was originally El Wrays jacket and he was in the army). I will let you guys know if I find anything out!

Return to “Film Jackets”