"X-MEN Origins: Wolverine" Wolverine Jacket

We have all had those defining moments when we noticed a film personality on the silver screen wearing a fantastic leather jacket. Or maybe you fell in love with James Dean’s iconic red windbreaker. You thought it looked so great and you knew someday you would have one just like it. This is a forum to discuss those jackets.

Moderator: Mike

Jens_Hoppe

Re: "X-MEN Origins: Wolverine" Wolverine Jacket

Postby Jens_Hoppe » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:28 pm

Well, I have this one. Late in the evening, flash photo, etc. :wink:

What are you, like 80?

Shehzad

Postby Shehzad » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:07 pm

Man, that jacket looks good on you.
Would be nice if you could post pictures with it zipped up and back photos.
This will give a better idea about the fit.

Now you need the claws! :thumbsup:
FJ: Bruno Dark Brown (FJ-0013b), Summer Style (FJ-0017)
Belstaff: Hero (713074)

TopGun78

Postby TopGun78 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:18 pm

The jacket definately looks great! Great fit too.

theundeadkennedy

Postby theundeadkennedy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:31 pm

That is great looking jacket :)
Good job on sizing. I could swear that's the exact same pattern as Soul Revolver but with different leather....

Cormorant

Postby Cormorant » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:40 am

Shehzad wrote:
Now you need the claws! :thumbsup:

Right - claws!! And I was wondering why are people always clenching their fists on these Wolverine jacket photos. XD

Great jacket, great fit, Jens!

TopGun78

Postby TopGun78 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:01 pm

Jens_Hoppe wrote:I ended up ordering a jacket from wolverinejacket.com, which I received the other day.

- I like it a lot.
- I got a custom-sized one, specifying my own measurements, and those I wanted the jacket to have. The result was extremely close to what I asked for.
- The leather is heavy, and beautifully predistressed/antiqued.
- Communication from Wade @ wolverinejacket.com was impressive. Whenever I had yet another stupid question (tm) to ask, he'd reply within a few hours every time.

Here's a couple of examples:

What was the production/delivery time?

Jens_Hoppe

Re:

Postby Jens_Hoppe » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:14 pm

TopGun78 wrote:What was the production/delivery time?

I received the jacket about three weeks after placing the order.
What are you, like 80?

TopGun78

Postby TopGun78 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:15 pm

Jens_Hoppe wrote:
TopGun78 wrote:What was the production/delivery time?

I received the jacket about three weeks after placing the order.

Ok thanks. Do you have a picture of the back perhaps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jens_Hoppe

Re:

Postby Jens_Hoppe » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:44 am

TopGun78 wrote:Ok thanks. Do you have a picture of the back perhaps?

Yep, this one:

What are you, like 80?

TopGun78

Postby TopGun78 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:33 pm

Thanks, it really looks great. They did a great job. Definately a seller to keep in mind!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DavidCoppola

Postby DavidCoppola » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:10 pm

I agree, that is a nice jacket.
Who was the vendor? Did you say earlier that the light brown accents and stripes were fake leather?
What is the thickness of the leather?

Jens_Hoppe

Postby Jens_Hoppe » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:16 am

DavidCoppola wrote:Who was the vendor? Did you say earlier that the light brown accents and stripes were fake leather?
What is the thickness of the leather?

No no, the fake leather-striped one was the cheap jacket I got from eBay previously.

This one is from wolverinejacket.com They don't get their jackets from LeatherNext, but I think they use the same manufacturer that LeatherNext uses.

The leather is ... average thickness. Not fashion-jacket thin, nor MC jacket thick. It's soft, but quite heavy and dense.
What are you, like 80?

DavidCoppola

Postby DavidCoppola » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:57 am

Hey thanks for the link.

Sizing seems to be a bit weird, a size small has a 44" chest?

Jens_Hoppe

Postby Jens_Hoppe » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:52 am

DavidCoppola wrote:Sizing seems to be a bit weird, a size small has a 44" chest?

Yes, I couldn't make sense of those sizes either. I ended up getting a custom-sized one (which, thanks to my height, was always necessary), providing my chest size as well as the desired pit-to-pit measurement of the jacket.
What are you, like 80?

soulrevolver

Postby soulrevolver » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:07 am

Jens_Hoppe wrote:I am still looking for a "good" XO jacket, and could use some input from you guys as to the various options out there. :smile:

Ideally, I would want it to be sturdy, well-made, thick and reasonably screen-accurate. Price is not really an issue. Well, it is of course, but as long as the quality follows the price, I am willing to pay quite a lot.

The obvious choice, of course, would be Logan's Closet, but to be honest, I have more or less given up on them. It seems that some people don't get proper communication about orders they've placed. Well, I have not been able to get even the one reply that would enable me to place an order. Too bad.

There's a lovely used LC on eBay at the moment (in Europe, even), but I think it's a size or two too big for me... :sad:

So, where does that leave me?

Wested: Price is reasonably good. They're in Europe. I don't know how accurate the pattern is, but probably only so-so. However, I have had one of their X1's in my possession for a while, and didn't really like their predistressed hide. Also, their standard sizes are extremely wide in the body and short-sleeved, so I would need custom measurements (and I am always wary of that when dealing with Wested). I have tried to communicate with Gemma@Wested, but getting replies is tough going...

Soul Revolver: Expensive, probably really light-weight. Sent from within the EU. Their pattern seems slim, so probably good for someone tall & thin like me. :smile:

Leathernext: Cheaper, possibly of comparable quality to Soul Revolver's stuff before they went with Italian manufacturers. Good comments about them here recently. My one experience with them was bad - I got a (well-made, admittedly) Cyclops jacket from them, but the details were horribly off. That was several years ago, however, so perhaps they've gotten better? However, I am more than a little wary about going back to them.

Heron: ("thebestjackets" on eBay seem to be selling their jackets). Cheap. Reports on uneven quality here, so I am not really comfortable ordering from them...

Of course, all sorts of more or less horrible jackets can be found on eBay from different sellers. Some look horrible even in the photos provided (!), but even with the ones that look nice, I don't know if they are showing the actual product or just stealing images from other vendors. As can be seen above, I did order a jacket from one of these sellers, and I am only happy about it because it was so incredibly cheap (and I needed it fast)! But this new jacket should be an upgrade on the cheapo, so repeating the eBay experience, and probably getting another jacket of similar quality doesn't really make much sense.

Have I missed any major players? Any suggestions?

I was typing a reply to this post but my answer was getting quite long so I put it in the Soul Revolver thread instead:

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=5617&p=77158#p77158
Soul Revolver - Vintage Style Leather Jackets

Return to “Film Jackets”