"Quantum of Solace" James Bond Jacket 2

We have all had those defining moments when we noticed a film personality on the silver screen wearing a fantastic leather jacket. Or maybe you fell in love with James Dean’s iconic red windbreaker. You thought it looked so great and you knew someday you would have one just like it. This is a forum to discuss those jackets.

Moderator: Mike

bassopotamus

Re: "Quantum of Solace" James Bond Jacket 2

Postby bassopotamus » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:16 pm

I have measurements for the A&F rollins pond jacket.

armpit to armpit: 20.5"
shoulder to shoulder: 16.5"
sleeves: 27"
length down the back: 25"
waist: 18.5"

proteinnerd

Postby proteinnerd » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:30 pm

bassopotamus wrote:I have measurements for the A&F rollins pond jacket.

Thanks! is that the small?

bassopotamus

Postby bassopotamus » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:41 pm

proteinnerd wrote:

Thanks! is that the small?

no problem, and nope, that's the medium. Like I said in my previous post it seems this jacket runs pretty small. I usually wear a size small in most of my jackets but had to size up for this one. You might want to go with the large if you're usually a medium.

proteinnerd

Postby proteinnerd » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:03 pm

Wow! That is a small run....

Looks like my best bet is to wait for Daniel to do anther run of his Solace Jacket.

http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/forum ... Bay-com-au

I spoke with him last week and he is tweaking/improving the design and is in the initial stages of the next batch, he said it might take a few months till its available.

I don't want to post his email publicly but if anyone wants it just shoot me a PM and I'll pass it on. He did say if anyone was interested they should email him with their size so he gets an idea of how many of each to order and he will let everyone on his email list let know when they are ready.

He said a 40-41 inch chest would be a medium and he is looking at ordering about 10 of each size.

Kt Templar

Postby Kt Templar » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:02 pm

I bought one of his reject, Skyfall Barbourlikes off ebay, but it turned out to be much too small even though I carefully read his sizing chart. I PM'd him to see if there was any redress. He didn't bother to answer. I would have bought the larger size if he had even bothered to reply and offer a little help.

So what did we learn, Craig?

1) Triple check his sizing.

2) Don't expect to hear from him once he has your money and the jacket has shipped.
"Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom." Jean Rasczak

proteinnerd

Postby proteinnerd » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:16 pm

oh, that doesn't sound too good....thanks for the heads up.

Anyone purchase one and happy with it?

darkstar

Postby darkstar » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:52 pm

Here's one with the leather-lined collar and different back selling on Ebay for $2,490.00. http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-TOM-F ... 1c31d55c3a

Full-resolution album: http://imgur.com/a/FClYf

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:54 pm

proteinnerd wrote:Wow! That is a small run....

I usually wear a medium in A&F and I'm a pretty typical Medium/40 in jackets and coats. What one has to take into consideration is that A&F's cut are bias towards the athletic build, what is their "Muscle fit". Their sleeveheads are much closer together on the shoulder to accentuate a wide shoulder look. The shoulder seams usually never sits on the natural shoulder line, but much higher along the shoulder blade. When you see the narrow shoulder width and way-long sleeves measurements you have to take this fact into consideration. Also their arm-holes are cut very high too.

If you're not used to the A&F fitting you may find it abit restrictive and unnatural at first (This is also due to the heavy-weight cotton they tend to use). I enjoy their cut as I usually require extra sleeve length anyway, and their high armholes are great for overall arms mobility and movements, meaning their jacket won't ride up when you lift your arm. I am 6'0 tall and weight 175lbs, with a slim athletic built. I tried on the medium rollins pond harrington and it was perfect. The only reason I didn't make that purchase was because I already own the Magnoli version.
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:58 pm

darkstar wrote:Image

$2.5K and it's still not screen accurate. This has to be a sore-point for many Bond collectors out there. :sad:

proteinnerd

Postby proteinnerd » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:40 pm

I just received my replica from Daniels new run and its awesome. Fits true to size and I couldn't be happier with the quality.

The only difference i can see with the Tom Ford pic above is the back doesn't have the pointed yoke nor is it ventilated, to be honest, I prefer Daniels version and its 10 times cheaper :thumbsup:

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:43 pm

Nice one dude! I'm tempted in ordering one but I cannot make out the measurements provided by Daniel for the jacket. Based on his numbers alone I'll have to order a Extra small, but he's adamant that it is true to size.

What size do you usually wear, and what size did you order proteinnerd?

proteinnerd

Postby proteinnerd » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:58 am

I usually wear a size 40, sometimes a 38 if its big fit.

The royale medium fits pretty well. Fits my shoulders & chest really well but as i have an 8 inch drop, there is a little extra room in the waist but probably not enough to bother with tailoring even though i like trim fit.

Daniel lists the measurements....I think thats where the confusion is. Most regular manufacturers add 4-5 inches to the "size" to get the actual measurement, so if you have a 40 inch chest, the jacket will usually measure about 22.5 inches pit to pit (double that figure for the front and back of the jacket and you get 45 inches.)

If you had a 40 inch chest and got the 40 inch jacket...it would literally be skin tight.

I could maybe squeeze into the small size but Im worried it would be too tight across the shoulders.

proteinnerd

Postby proteinnerd » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:13 am

LOL wouldn't you knw, as soon as i get a replica. An original tom ford pops up on ebay

thankfully its a size too big for me anyway

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... SS:AU:3160

CRB

Postby CRB » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:49 am

It says it was "cut in two".

What on Earth ???
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

proteinnerd

Postby proteinnerd » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:04 am

lol the label, not the jacket :lmfao:

Return to “Film Jackets”