"Wanted" Wesley Jacket 2

We have all had those defining moments when we noticed a film personality on the silver screen wearing a fantastic leather jacket. Or maybe you fell in love with James Dean’s iconic red windbreaker. You thought it looked so great and you knew someday you would have one just like it. This is a forum to discuss those jackets.

Moderator: Mike

CRB

Re: "Wanted" Wesley Jacket 2

Postby CRB » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:35 am

I feel sorry fr this Ebayer actually:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

... as he bought a Wanted Belstaff off Ebay only to find that the sleeves had been cut, quite dramatically, short (at 23" !!) on an XL. The way they've shortened them some much as done something wrong to the way the cuff sits on the jacket now, its sort of sticks out. This auction came and went without any bids and the price was great.
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:54 am

yeah, the overall look is pretty bad. I'm willing to bet that the original owner let it go due to not agreeing with his decision to alter the sleeves. You just can't do that on a fitted jacket/blouson like that without consequences. As you can see it throws everything else off. The tailor-job isn't too bad, but you can tell the cuffs had been restitched.
Poor jacket. :sad:
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

THEMAN

Postby THEMAN » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:31 pm

Looks like it's time to perk this thread up a little...

Last edited by THEMAN on Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://LogansCloset.com

Making Ultimate Apparel Reality

Neville

Postby Neville » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:32 pm

Well done, Dan, as always. Looks great!

mimesis2nemesis

Postby mimesis2nemesis » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:59 pm

Hmm... Does anybody else beside me think that either the stormflap is too large or the snaps are too small? :thinking:
"Let this soaring wings take flight"
-M2N

hollowpond

Postby hollowpond » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:11 pm

NICE!!!!

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:18 pm

mimesis2nemesis wrote:Hmm... Does anybody else beside me think that either the stormflap is too large or the snaps are too small? :thinking:

No, not really. I had to look back to page one to make sure but everything is sized accordingly.
The collar bugs me that there is no form of closure, though. Not that it's not SA, it's just the practicality in me that yells: "Add some damn snaps, will ya!" :lol:
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:27 pm

mimesis2nemesis wrote:Hmm... Does anybody else beside me think that either the stormflap is too large or the snaps are too small? :thinking:

That was my first thought. The color and material is great, as is the fit. However it is somewhat out of proportion. I do believe the chest pockets are the culprit.
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

mimesis2nemesis

Postby mimesis2nemesis » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:46 pm

I still think the snaps look a bit small... But the fit and the color look amazing. Is this a Vanson prototype Dan? What color is this?
"Let this soaring wings take flight"
-M2N

CRB

Postby CRB » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:48 am

Yes, there is something not quite right here, I think it's the pocket sizes like Bong said and also the size of the snaps. Maybe the zips too. I've failed to see any replica that comes anywhere close to the one I have from the Tannery to be honest:

Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:22 am

CRB wrote:Yes, there is something not quite right here, I think it's the pocket sizes like Bong said and also the size of the snaps. Maybe the zips too. I've failed to see any replica that comes anywhere close to the one I have from the Tannery to be honest:

I second that CRB. It's funny, as in outdoor light the colour of your jacket looks to be accurate, but the colour on mine definitely resembles more the indoor and night-time scenes.

I do like the color on Dan's version. However it could do with some distressing as it looks too neat, or too "uniform" in its distribution if you know what I mean.
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:41 am

I think it's a little too neat, too. But that could be handled in the washer and dryer, or with a good alcohol rub down. :wink: Now that you show the Tannery version, the button snaps heads seem to be larger and flatter on the Tannery. I can't really tell if those same flat/larger snaps are the ones that Belstaff uses, but I do know they re ever so slightly larger than the ones Dan chose.

Neville

Postby Neville » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:36 am

I was looking at it on my phone before, but I do think the chest pockets might be a hair too tall, and the buttons could be slightly bigger, in my opinion. I do think he's nailed the color, though. With a little distressing, the color would look perfect.

THEMAN

Postby THEMAN » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:17 am

Good eyes fellas, you are exactly right on a couple of points, but I will lay them all out together here... This was just really a redo of the first prototype pattern in the new more accurate color naked Goat, which mimics very well as the deerskin alternate in drape and how it moves. I matched this color to the daylight shots, so as it distresses it will only get better.
- snap heads are too small, they will be replaced with the correct one size up snaps that were on order while this jacket was getting assembled.
- chest pockets are too tall by 1 inch total and position is also low by about 1/4 inch.
- zipper pockets are the correct size, BUT their angle is off by a few degrees due to the pocket height being too tall, so once those get to where they should be the pocket angle can be corrected.
http://LogansCloset.com

Making Ultimate Apparel Reality

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:22 am

Thanks for the update Dan. :wink:

Return to “Film Jackets”