"The Departed" Jacket

We have all had those defining moments when we noticed a film personality on the silver screen wearing a fantastic leather jacket. Or maybe you fell in love with James Dean’s iconic red windbreaker. You thought it looked so great and you knew someday you would have one just like it. This is a forum to discuss those jackets.

Moderator: Mike

Mike

"The Departed" Jacket

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:03 pm

Wow, there's something you don't come home to every day. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, isn't it?? No idea why this person would use my mug as an avatar, I don't even like using it, lol.
Mike

mimesis2nemesis

Re: "The Departed" Jacket

Postby mimesis2nemesis » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:31 pm

Rick wrote:Avatar has been adjusted appropriately.

Gotta love the new avatar! :lol:
"Let this soaring wings take flight"
-M2N

Andy B

Postby Andy B » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:50 pm

Is this what I think it is?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gents-Belstaf ... 2a1733cbc6
The description is a bit funny - says it's a large, gives sizes closer to a medium, and clearly shows a small in the photos.
Belstaff Hero (bison) in Large: War of the Worlds
Belstaff Legend in Small: I am Legend
Belstaff H Racer in Large: Borne Legacy
Belstaff Six Days Blouson in Medium

CRB

Postby CRB » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Yep looks like a Police blouson alright. Might be the brown though, hard to tell.

I think the seller means it's a small but comes up larger than your typical small. I think for this particular Belstaff jacket a (label size) Large = 42" Medium = 40" and Small = 38". That seems to work out about right.
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

Kevin Anderson

Postby Kevin Anderson » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:45 am

It's brown for sure. Says 'browns' in the main colour part, and it's easy to tell in the pic that shows the Belstaff Label with the 'small' tag.
Bit of a mix-up with the description of the sizing though!
I'd be tempted to grab this, but I've never really seen good pics of it in brown...

Andy B

Postby Andy B » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:24 pm

Belstaff Hero (bison) in Large: War of the Worlds
Belstaff Legend in Small: I am Legend
Belstaff H Racer in Large: Borne Legacy
Belstaff Six Days Blouson in Medium

CRB

Postby CRB » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:22 pm

And a cheaper one here (but reserve not met, and it says dark brown, but looks black ?!) (also XL)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121084272507? ... 1438.l2649
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

calciferjenkins

Postby calciferjenkins » Fri May 31, 2013 12:05 pm

Does anyone know what leather this should be in? Or, to be more specific, would it work in lambskin? If I can take some sleeve width measurements that I'm satisfied with I'm thinking of buying a jacket or two from Magnoli clothiers, if I can afford to. One of the jackets I'm interested in is a Departed jacket, probably in lambskin as I'm not convinced I'd like goatskin. Would the collar still stand up if the jacket was in lambskin? I think I'd wear it down most of the time, but I'd like the option.

It may not happen though, the other Magnoli jacket I'm interested in is their Minority Report, and the biggest difference between the two that I can see is that the Departed has a higher collar, so it may not be a good idea to buy both. I'm trying to be rational, but I wants them.

If this is in the wrong place I apologise, and will delete it if appropriate, but thank you for any help anyone can give me.

CRB

Postby CRB » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:39 am

A very cheap XXL on ebay at the moment, but be warned - these do come up true to size !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190955594849? ... 1438.l2649

slenderhan

Postby slenderhan » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:28 am

The Belstaff Police Blouson is lovely! Mine is size M and fits a treat. I'm a definite size L in most Belstaffs, XL in Bison Hero. The leather has the most amazing patina, grain and thickness to it, it's almost as heavy as my Bison Hero, there's very little in it. I'm not sure what camera the seller used to take the photo, but it's not brown, it's the same colour as CRB's and Leo DiCaprio's in 'The Departed'. I've wanted this one almost as long as the Hero so I'm made up. Leo's fit in the film seems a little big to me, so glad I got M, you can wear a hoodie underneath and baseball cap for the full undercover cop in Boston effect and fold the collar down. It sits up nicely too for a sleek, almost Anderton in Minority Report effect. Photos when I get around to it... :thumbsup:
Belstaff: Cougar, Police Blouson, M Blouson, Bison Hero, Summer Hero, Leathermaster 1970, Money Blouson, Lighting Blouson, Lynton Bomber, Roadmaster, Trialmaster, Rallymaster 500, The Lightest, Stoneham.

Others: Diesel Loktite, Hugo Boss.

thebluebus

Postby thebluebus » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:36 am

Please do Han, it sounds the business.

welshade

Postby welshade » Mon May 09, 2016 8:53 am

Interesting variation on this classic on eBay at the moment..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BELSTAFF-POLI ... 1990917246

slenderhan

Postby slenderhan » Mon May 09, 2016 9:17 am

Welshade, that really is interesting, but that price is a bit steep and I thought I paid a lot for my screen-accurate leather one! Handsome piece for sure but I don't know if he'll get any takers...we shall see.
Belstaff: Cougar, Police Blouson, M Blouson, Bison Hero, Summer Hero, Leathermaster 1970, Money Blouson, Lighting Blouson, Lynton Bomber, Roadmaster, Trialmaster, Rallymaster 500, The Lightest, Stoneham.

Others: Diesel Loktite, Hugo Boss.

welshade

Postby welshade » Mon May 09, 2016 9:27 am

I see its also in the for sale section here at film jackets...
It is an interesting looking version, i do prefer my Leather one also slenderhan

ifatos

Postby ifatos » Mon May 09, 2016 10:12 am

This is the jacket of a member here...

Return to “Film Jackets”