"The Dark Knight" Bruce Wayne Jacket

We have all had those defining moments when we noticed a film personality on the silver screen wearing a fantastic leather jacket. Or maybe you fell in love with James Dean’s iconic red windbreaker. You thought it looked so great and you knew someday you would have one just like it. This is a forum to discuss those jackets.

Moderator: Mike

Cygnus

Re: "The Dark Knight" Bruce Wayne Jacket

Postby Cygnus » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:56 pm

The one at the last pic looks like a Belstaff Daytona :thinking:

No red collar and the stripes are looking like a Daytona.

Can also be seen at the 1st pic.

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:28 am

Hey Guys
A little Off-Topic, but related to our seller.

So we remember this jacket for sale recently. A counterfeit Racing Blouson, size L.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201540511606
Auction ended early due to
This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

Conveniently today THIS pops up on Francesco's eBay page.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291714221169

Original price from seller $281.16
New price $1,999.00

Stunt :nono:
"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

topido

Postby topido » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:49 am

TheStuntman wrote:Hey Guys
A little Off-Topic, but related to our seller.

So we remember this jacket for sale recently. A counterfeit Racing Blouson, size L.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201540511606
Auction ended early due to
This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

Conveniently today THIS pops up on Francesco's eBay page.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291714221169

Original price from seller $281.16
New price $1,999.00

Stunt :nono:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

CRB

Postby CRB » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:40 pm

I actually think it's a real Belstaff that has been cleaned and repainted in leather paint
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:45 pm

At this moment it really frustrates me that I posted this update in this thread. Mainly because now I have to has to question to you, which jacket are you talking about? :facepalm:

Stunt

CRB

Postby CRB » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:54 pm

Oh sorry, yes the L Racing blouson
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:14 pm

Well,
If that Racing Blouson is repainted. Then there is HUGE industry for repainting Panthers. And what the hell, while they're at it, remove the internal numbered plaques and replace the Belstaff badges with cheaper versions.

Stunt :lol:

CRB

Postby CRB » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:59 am

The problem with repainting them is they start to look much cheaper, I had one. They also squeak a lot too. I agree that the hardware looks too golden to be proper Belstaff and the cream stripe looks too clean, but the rest of the jacket just looks right in terms of proportions etc. They've also got the belt buckle correct, which is a very unusual thing for a replica to do. The buckle is actually slightly curved.

ifatos

Postby ifatos » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:53 am

CRB wrote:The problem with repainting them is they start to look much cheaper, I had one. They also squeak a lot too. I agree that the hardware looks too golden to be proper Belstaff and the cream stripe looks too clean, but the rest of the jacket just looks right in terms of proportions etc. They've also got the belt buckle correct, which is a very unusual thing for a replica to do. The buckle is actually slightly curved.

The leather looks really good to me also....

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:01 pm

I can tell you, these current copies are not even in the same ballpark when compared to those in the past. They get a hold of genuine items and take them apart so that every single piece can be copied. This is how they're nailing the actual pattern themselves is by using the original jackets. They copy everything, right down to the buckles and zippers. Trust me, the very thought of those beautiful jackets being taken apart to be copied in such a way breaks my heart.

But, if you want to see how these jackets actually hold up. Just search eBay for Panthers. The buttons constantly pop off. Strangely enough, the stitching on these jackets seems to be pretty strong.

Stunt :/

Shehzad

Postby Shehzad » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:33 pm

For what it's worth...
I am not sure about repainting, but what I can say about those Jackets which are 'MADE IN ECE' (yes, you will find this in the 240 Eur listing which the user omitted in the new 2k usd listing) is that they have a very different leather. It doesn't look like the belstaff leather (soft waxy), but more like some heavyweight arnold-schwarzenegger leather covered with a tiny film of waterproofing material (a bit plastic feel). That is why they look so shiny.
When you look at it and touch it, you cannot be sure if it's real leather. But it is leather, albeit a far cry from the high quality leather usually associated with Belstaff. It is just weird.

Now, I steer clear of any Belstaff jacket which has the 'MADE IN ECE' label instead of the famous and loved 'MADE IN ITALY'
FJ: Bruno Dark Brown (FJ-0013b), Summer Style (FJ-0017)
Belstaff: Hero (713074)

tomtomtom

Postby tomtomtom » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:26 am

I have a racing jacket that are similar.
It was purchased from the authorized dealer in Japan.
Tag of the authorized dealer also are sewn.
I had 3 racing jacket (one jacket was sold).
I think that the jacket is a genuine.

Shall I upload the detailed image?

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:07 pm

Yes,
I would definitely upload some.

Stunt

tomtomtom

Postby tomtomtom » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:46 am

Hi Stunt,
It's my Racing Blouson
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

:thumbsup:

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:12 pm

Hey brother
I'm going to doublecheck this with a very knowledgeable source. But sorry to say this looks like one of the counterfeit versions. That is not to say that it is a bad leather jacket by any means. These are incredibly high quality for what they are.

Anyways, I will let you know within the next day.

Stunt :)

Return to “Film Jackets”