"Mission Impossible 3: Ethan Hunt Jacket (Suede)

We have all had those defining moments when we noticed a film personality on the silver screen wearing a fantastic leather jacket. Or maybe you fell in love with James Dean’s iconic red windbreaker. You thought it looked so great and you knew someday you would have one just like it. This is a forum to discuss those jackets.

Moderator: Mike

Rick
SITE ADMIN

"Mission Impossible 3: Ethan Hunt Jacket (Suede)

Postby Rick » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:00 am

"Mission Impossible 3: Ethan Hunt Jacket (Suede) Main Page
Manufacturer: Not Known

Suggested By:

Last edited by Rick on Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:41 am, edited 5 times in total.

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:02 am

Found by DVD Connoisseur:

Last edited by Rick on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:19 am

I just noticed that the collar looks different in the Belstaff photos and the very obvious right chest pocket is missing.

Something else that makes me wonder is that the costumers left the Belstaff badge on the "M Blouson" so why would the badge be removed for this jacket (that you really do not even get a clear shot of) in the movie?

Either Belstaff changed the pattern for the movie, the jacket was changed near the end of the production run (as I am told is common) or they are making a reproduction of the jacket and did not make the original jacket from the movie.

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:26 am

My money is on Belstaff pulling another "WoW Hero Jacket": A remake of the jacket featured in the movie. If that's the case why can't they make the damn jacket accessible to the public like the Hero jacket?
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

DVD Connoisseur

Postby DVD Connoisseur » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:45 am

Cmdr_Bong wrote:My money is on Belstaff pulling another "WoW Hero Jacket": A remake of the jacket featured in the movie. If that's the case why can't they make the damn jacket accessible to the public like the Hero jacket?

As a fan of their offerings, I've been wondering about Belstaff's strategy...initiallly, it would appear that they really make it tough for customers to purchase their products. Most of their products seem to be "special order" and favourites like their large Colonial bag are nigh on impossible to track down unless you're willing to pay inflated eBay prices.

On the surface, there doesn't seem to be a strategy to satisfy demand. Of course, this adds to the "exclusivity" of their wares but I'd rather have readily available products any day of the week. I'm wondering if it's the time involved with producing each item which makes production limited for each line? Each jacket is subtly different and there's something of a hand-made feel to their clothes. There's a genuine attention to detail and their method of "distressing" is, as far as I know, unique.

A further element which could explain the shortage of certain items is the sheer size of the Belstaff range. They have to satisfy bikers, fashion followers and the movie buffs wanting reproductions of items seen on screen....around the world. The movie clothes raise brand awareness but their reproductions probably only account for a small % of turnover.

Their Ethan jacket is the holy grail of Belstaff movie items as I've never seen one for sale anywhere. It's baffling but I guess it was available in limited numbers for one collection in 2006. Like I've said, I'd purchase the Belstaff jacket as it's a beautiful item - I just can't imagine seeing this reproduced in a future collection.

Ekim

Postby Ekim » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:46 am

I have tried a lot this jacket but I have not never found it :cry:
you believe that it will come reproduced from belstaff???..

DVD Connoisseur

Postby DVD Connoisseur » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:31 am

Ekim wrote:I have tried a lot this jacket but I have not never found it :cry:
you believe that it will come reproduced from belstaff???..

No, I don't think Belstaff will produce this again. :(

Ekim

Postby Ekim » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:31 pm

nu :(

Herojacket

Postby Herojacket » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:49 pm

I would not hold my breath on seeing this jacket produced again but I would also say never say never. Belstaff has a tendency to take their past designs and revamp them for their newer line by changing only a detail or two.

seerm77

Postby seerm77 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:27 pm

Anywhere were to get a similar jacket from a different make?

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:43 pm

You can try Magnoli. He does a very good replica of the jacket. Or you can do what I did and have it replicated by a trusted tailor.
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

seerm77

Postby seerm77 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:33 pm

Cmdr_Bong wrote:You can try Magnoli. He does a very good replica of the jacket. Or you can do what I did and have it replicated by a trusted tailor.

I was thinking of somewhere a bit cheaper than Magnoli...

... anyone?

brewmeister

Postby brewmeister » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:39 pm

Banana Republic did something very similar this season (or last, can't remember).
Wenn einer von uns fallen sollt, Der andere steht fur zwei.

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:12 am

seerm77 wrote:I was thinking of somewhere a bit cheaper than Magnoli...

... anyone?

Hey Seerm
What size are you mate? I have a simular jacket I had altered to replicate this MI3 jacket. Went as Ethan Hunt for Halloween back in '06. Anyways, I was looking to sell it.

TheStuntman
"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

Peacecraft

Price

Postby Peacecraft » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:49 pm

If you could get this jacket what would you pay for it?

Return to “Film Jackets”