"Mission: Impossible 3" Jacket

We have all had those defining moments when we noticed a film personality on the silver screen wearing a fantastic leather jacket. Or maybe you fell in love with James Dean’s iconic red windbreaker. You thought it looked so great and you knew someday you would have one just like it. This is a forum to discuss those jackets.

Moderator: Mike

Cole

Postby Cole » Wed May 07, 2008 2:50 am

Allways remember young Padawan, paragraphs are your friend. ;)

jimbot

Postby jimbot » Wed May 07, 2008 7:39 am

Today I finally got my M blouson. I have to be honest, at first, i was disapointed because when i ordered a large, i didn't think it would be really big. But after one day wearing it and getting everyone's thoughts and opinions, i REALLY like it. It does feel bullet proof and when i put it on, it felt pretty good. I was considering on getting a medium but it would take another 2 weeks for me to get it and there could be a chance of it being too small and maybe too tight. I guess it's better 'To have too much than not enough', what do you guys think?

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Wed May 07, 2008 8:31 am

...a picture is worth 1,000 words. Seriously, if you can post a picture, we can take a look and give you a much better opinion.

DVD Connoisseur

Postby DVD Connoisseur » Wed May 07, 2008 2:35 pm

I'm looking for advice on this jacket as the cm sizes for the chest look enormous. Can anybody provide guidance as to what size would fit best?

My measurements are as follows:-

Height 6'2"
Chest 42" (Would probably purchase 44" to be on safe side)
Shoulder to waist 23.5"
Shoulders 19.5"
Half shoulder 7.5"

I normally wear XL but the sizes shown for an XL look like a tent!

Many thanks!

DVDC

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Wed May 07, 2008 2:38 pm

Cole wrote:Allways remember young Padawan, paragraphs are your friend. ;)

Thanks Cole, lol :)
No wonder I always got those B's in school. It just poured out and I wasnt thinking about it. I just hope I didn't anger anyone as that was not my intention. It's just there is alot more to the bootleg trade than we all think. I'm not saying that faux Belstaff jackets dont exist, just that they are not that common. I also learned something something from my friend Phillip(not his cousin), Belstaff has production in China. I dont know for what, but he says it's there. Anyone else know more about that? He didn't explain much, as he didn't know. Rick, I dont want to get off topic here. Is it possible to move this chunk to a new topic? Like a topic on Faux/Bootlegs. I just created a small one. So please answer there. It's called "Is it Real? FAUX or BOOTLEG JACKETS". Sorry again for getting off topic.

TheStuntman
Last edited by TheStuntman on Wed May 07, 2008 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Wed May 07, 2008 2:50 pm

DVD Connoisseur wrote:I'm looking for advice on this jacket as the cm sizes for the chest look enormous. Can anybody provide guidance as to what size would fit best?

Height 6'2"
Shoulder to waist 23.5"
Shoulders 19.5"
Half shoulder 7.5"

Many thanks!

DVDC

The XL fits quite big, I would go with a Large. If your on Bulky side like i was a few month back, then the XL would be fine. But I have since learned that when you tone down your muscle mass, you really do need to measure again before purchase. So the Large is what I am picking up, as I am a 43-44". The XL was just too big for me. But it is really a great jacket.

TheStuntman

DVD Connoisseur

Postby DVD Connoisseur » Wed May 07, 2008 2:58 pm

Cheers! L it is then. Have a feeling I tried a M last year and it was a tad small so L sounds right.

All the best

DVDC

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Wed May 07, 2008 3:17 pm

Dont worry a Large should be good for you.

TheStuntman :)

sjsoon

Postby sjsoon » Wed May 07, 2008 4:48 pm

hi all again....
would like to get help of the belstaff delta force jacket size M....
i was browsing through and found one seller in UK had one measurement while another seller in HK/China had another measurement.

well.... question.. what is the actual M measurement of Belstaff? thx

CHEST 112cm
ARM LENGTH 54cm
REAR JACKET LENGTH 65cm

Chest:110CM
Lenth:64CM
Shoulder:49CM
Sleeve:65CM

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Wed May 07, 2008 5:45 pm

sjsoon wrote:UK had one measurement while another seller in HK/China had another measurement.

I agree that the HK/China sellers dont seem to know the measurements very well. Just remember that the size on this jacket does NOT run small.

TheStuntman

Herojacket

Postby Herojacket » Wed May 07, 2008 9:35 pm

DVD Connoisseur wrote:I'm looking for advice on this jacket as the cm sizes for the chest look enormous. Can anybody provide guidance as to what size would fit best?

Height 6'2"
Shoulder to waist 23.5"
Shoulders 19.5"
Half shoulder 7.5"

Many thanks!

DVDC

I would go with the large as well based on your measurements. I have the XL atm but I am also about 20lbs heavier from my goal weight. I am also a true 44R wearer. I know when I go back to my normal weight; my current jacket is going to be big.

Arethusa

Postby Arethusa » Wed May 07, 2008 11:05 pm

TheStuntman wrote:Thanks Cole, lol :)
No wonder I always got those B's in school. It just poured out and I wasnt thinking about it. I just hope I didn't anger anyone as that was not my intention. It's just there is alot more to the bootleg trade than we all think. I'm not saying that faux Belstaff jackets dont exist, just that they are not that common. I also learned something something from my friend Phillip(not his cousin), Belstaff has production in China. I dont know for what, but he says it's there. Anyone else know more about that? He didn't explain much, as he didn't know. Rick, I dont want to get off topic here. Is it possible to move this chunk to a new topic? Like a topic on Faux/Bootlegs. I just created a small one. So please answer there. It's called "Is it Real? FAUX or BOOTLEG JACKETS". Sorry again for getting off topic.

TheStuntman

I don't disagree with you that there's a lot behind the market for fakes. In a lot of cases, the fakes are made in the same factories and often from the same materials as the "real" thing. My problem with the Belstaff jackets I see on ebay out of Hong Kong is that they're always made of the cheap nylon and synthetic materials; I've never seen a leather jacket that looked fake to me, and that's probably because it's a hell of a lot harder to make that convincing.

For point of comparison, though, I bought a Belstaff jacket for a friend of mine on ebay (the Toxic blouson), and when I got it, I was quite convinced it was fake. The zipper was low quality, the stitching was sloppy in places and no better than what you might get at Old Navy (or Banana Republic), and the arm patch and tags were very plain nylon. It's certainly possible, never having seen a Belstaff jacket in person, that it was real (and it was being sold by one of the sellers that was, at the time, selling these same MI3 jackets), but if it was, then Belstaff does some pretty shoddy work.

For what it's worth, I filed a dispute, never got a response, and gave my friend a free jacket. It's nice for what it is, but I'd be shocked if it cost more than $5 to produce (which would be around what I'd expect a standard Banana Republic nylon jacket or other mid range line would cost).

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Thu May 08, 2008 12:23 am

Arethusa,
No worries man. I understand what you are saying about the zippers and some of their non-leather jackets and coats are not up to par with what we would THINK they are like. Trust me, you would be surprised WHY they charge so much for some of these jackets. After visiting London store last fall, which was few min away from the Park Lane hotel where I was staying.
Well when I finally got to the store I was SHOCKED, at some of the jackets that I had seen online and wanted. First off hardly any of them looked like they did from pictures I had seen. Then when I tried them on. I told myself I would never actually buy them, well not at that prices they were charging. Insane on the cost for something that felt like it didnt cost much to make. Not saying the leather jackets :)
The Hero Jacket was AWESOME, out of my price range, but awesome nevertheless. My friend on the other hand bought 3 jackets right there and then without blinking. Of course, thats the way he is. I saved my money and had some great meals instead. London is great for food and not everything is boiled, LOL.
But remember back when we had BelstaffUSA.com fooling us thinking that it was selling the Hero and Legend jacket at like $325. At that point, posed with the possibility of getting the Hero for $325. I still wanted Magnoli's, wanted that custom fit and not a $1400 price tag. Now my GF on the other hand, wants like 20+ jackets and bags from Belstaff.

Check around your area for high-end stores that might carry some Belstaff products. You would be surprised at what stores might carry them. Here in Orlando, you can find a selection of them at Bloomingdales.

TheStuntman

Herojacket

Postby Herojacket » Thu May 08, 2008 12:32 am

The other thing to consider too is that when you buy "grey" area in markets based in China, India and Africa is that you may be inadvertently financing some bad deeds (ie slavelike conditions) with your dollar/euro. Just food for thought...

That being said I have bought stuff in the past but over the past few years not at all. Thank God for the internet when it comes to finding what you want at a price you are willing to pay.

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Thu May 08, 2008 12:47 am

LOL!!!
Fully agree. Let just buy the non-leather Belstaff jackets from the Bay. And give the rest of our money to Magnoli or DanTheMan.

TheStuntman

Return to “Film Jackets”