"Leatherheads" Jimmy 'Dodge' Connelly Jacket

We have all had those defining moments when we noticed a film personality on the silver screen wearing a fantastic leather jacket. Or maybe you fell in love with James Dean’s iconic red windbreaker. You thought it looked so great and you knew someday you would have one just like it. This is a forum to discuss those jackets.

Moderator: Mike

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:32 pm

"Leatherheads" Jimmy 'Dodge' Connelly Jacket Main Page
Manufacturer: Not Known

(Reportedly based on a vintage leather jacket inspired from the Belstaff Museum)

Suggested By: Mike Sicoli

Screencaps: Copyright 2008 © Universal Pictures

Daniel Hunter

Postby Daniel Hunter » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:35 pm

Found it.....

Belstaff Dodge 713738

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:09 pm

I am on the fence about this one. Belstaff certainly replicated the jacket, but their own site states that Clooney wears "a vintage leather jacket inspired from the Belstaff Museum." The Belstaff Dodge jacket listed there is not a vintage jacket.

It looks very close, but if I had to bet, I would say that Clooney is wearing an actual vintage jacket. Compare the leather itself... it just looks different. The picture below is NOT a standard Belstaff zipper, nor is it on the correct side for a standard Belstaff. (The photo is not reversed either as the chest pocket would be visible.) In fact, all the hardware looks a little different.

Not to say it is not a vintage Belstaff, but it is not the one shown on their site. This sitealso reports that George is wearing a Belstaff.

GEORGE CLOONEY may have rubbished claims he's about to make his design debut, but he is firmly back in the fashion spotlight today - thanks to Belstaff's involvement with his new film, Leatherheads.

A romantic comedy set in the Twenties (which Clooney stars in, as well as directing, alongside Renee Zellweger), the actor's football hero character, Jimmy "Dodge" Connelly, wears Belstaff's vintage-style leather Dodge motorcycle jacket throughout - and we hear he liked it so much, it made its way off-set with him when filming ended.

Belstaff continues to beef up its Hollywood credentials with the Leatherheads collaboration; only three months ago, Will Smith wore its Trial Master jacket in I Am Legend.

In honour of Clooney's work, the label has announced it will sponsor the European premieres of Leatherheads in London, Paris and Rome.

Indiana G

Postby Indiana G » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:21 pm

Tony Nowak said he made clooney's jacket for the movie :D

ReturningSon

Re: "Leatherheads" Jimmy 'Dodge' Connelly Jacket

Postby ReturningSon » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:07 pm

Did anyone ever grab one of these? I loved this belstaff design but never saw one. I think these went on sale at gilt some time ago but i missed the chance...
Such As We Are, So Shall You Be

rappelkopp666

Postby rappelkopp666 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:50 am

Hi,

I am new on the forum. I recently got rare Belstaff leather jackets on a big sale here in Germany. Looking for the Belstaff "Dodge" I was here again... one of my buyers adviced me to get in contact.

Few days ago, I got a "Dodge" like Clooney was wearing in "Leatherheads"... just a single one in size S. You can find pictures under the following link:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/281044231067?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Do not hestitate to ask for further information or offers.

Tina

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:55 am

Well,
According to what I know about this film. Which is to say, not much. The film was nowhere near as funny as it thought it was. But anyways, Nowak made the jackets for the film Mainly based on an vintage Belstaff design. Belstaff then used Nowak's to replicate the film jacket's details for the retail versions. Same as Crystal Skull. According to my sources, the jacket was NOT a success. Come to think of it, neither was the film.

Stunt :)
"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

ReturningSon

Postby ReturningSon » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:03 am

several of these have been popping up on ebay and frankly, Im not impressed with Belstaff's quality on this one. The leather looks blend (not hue, coloration or distressing) looks absolutely NOTHING like the stock photo and the jacket has a bare bones silk lining with just one pocket. The distressed one clooney wears is awesome but the Belstaff retail edition leaves alot to be desired.
Such As We Are, So Shall You Be

CRB

Postby CRB » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:58 am

I tried one of these on today. Make no mistake, the quality is fantastic. However the leather is their replica leather and not the aged/worn/vintage leather you see in the film.

Although it was labelled brown, it was more of a grey colour. And the belt thing on the front ... well it's a bit embarrassing actually!
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

MancDude

Postby MancDude » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:15 am

Embarrassing how CRB?

Think its a really interesting jacket - I like the belt, I even like the buckle thing. I imagine it would only look good if it was taut though and not hanging without tension. I guess that depends somewhat on the wearers build? Or would you have to be huge to get it to be taut (hope that makes sense?)

CRB

Postby CRB » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:29 am

Basically the belt fastener - if they are not in use, they sort of droop down at the front, instead of how a proper belt would hang down the sides. They just sort of dangle there and look like something of a women's handbag. Shame really the rest of the jacket is a nice fit, it's Panther length if anyones wondering, like a car coat.
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

PackRedman

Postby PackRedman » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:43 am

What appears to be an original Sears jacket is now on ebay although it is in pretty bad shape. I would bid but i dont know how well it would restore. Item number :221741701205
Last edited by PackRedman on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander Leathers Arkansas
Barbour To Ki To Sports Jacket
Belstaff S Icon ("Inglorious Basterds") Jacket
Tannery Wanted
Dunderdon & HHI Waxed Suede Welder Jacket

Cmdr_Bong

Postby Cmdr_Bong » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:06 am

PackRedman wrote:What appears to be an original Sears jacket is now on ebay although it is is pretty bad shape. I would bid but i dont know how well it would restore. Item number :221741701205

HOLY CRAP! :shock: That jacket has certainly been around the block and then some! I have serious doubt that it can be salvaged at all. :thinking:
There are 3 rules to Procrastinating:

CRB

Postby CRB » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:06 pm

Interesting - apart from being used in a film, I can't imagine anyone would want to buy that

Return to “Film Jackets”