"I Am Legend" Jacket

We have all had those defining moments when we noticed a film personality on the silver screen wearing a fantastic leather jacket. Or maybe you fell in love with James Dean’s iconic red windbreaker. You thought it looked so great and you knew someday you would have one just like it. This is a forum to discuss those jackets.

Moderator: Mike

l0fielectronic

Re: "I Am Legend" Jacket

Postby l0fielectronic » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:29 am

Thanks, I certainly hope so.

I see I can upload 10 images as a part of the case hence a request for the photos, images of some of the genuine elements on the real jackets would help I would hope. Have found some online but not the badges/limited plates from this specific model.

CRB

Postby CRB » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:40 am

I can definitely help with that ... here are some photos of my Legend ...

Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

l0fielectronic

Postby l0fielectronic » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:51 am

Thanks, your a star that's just what I needed.

Shehzad

Postby Shehzad » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:05 pm

Hey CRB.
Just a quick question: Is the black prince label for Belstaff garments from the motorcycle clothing line?

S
FJ: Bruno Dark Brown (FJ-0013b), Summer Style (FJ-0017)
Belstaff: Hero (713074)

CRB

Postby CRB » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:46 pm

I've no idea what the Black Prince label really means, I don't think anyone's ever worked it out. Or Gold or Black for that matter. But I'm sure it's not the motorcycle range though, those jackets are armoured jackets usually and very very tough.
Belstaff Hero, Police, Brad, Ethan, M, Legend, Indy, Button, Panther, Seven, Denim, Patterson, Roadmaster, City, Lawrence, Duke of York, Cople, Sammy, Sandway Matchless Osborne, Roadfarer, Baker, Fulham, Craig, Silverstone TNO Surrogates, Indy IV Kelso Relic BR DH4 Royale Quantum RRL Owens, Farley, Moorhouse Lot78 199 RL Bradford, Harrington, Sutter, Barracuda, Biker Baracuta G9

l0fielectronic

Postby l0fielectronic » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:57 am

Just to update, refund received from eBay today. So many thanks for the photos which I'm sure helped. Did have to return the jacket to the seller though so not sure whats to stop them just selling it again?

May upload my comparison photos here later which might help someone like me rushing into bidding on a fake one in the future - as was pointed out while the photos on the listing were quite poor once you know what details the fake jackets share then they are much easier to spot, even from poor quality photos.

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:21 pm

Hey brother
Please do upload those shots. The more information that is out there of how to spot counterfeits the more good we can all do here at Filmjackets.

Stunt :)
"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

jak

Postby jak » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:03 pm

CRB wrote:I've no idea what the Black Prince label really means, I don't think anyone's ever worked it out. Or Gold or Black for that matter. But I'm sure it's not the motorcycle range though, those jackets are armoured jackets usually and very very tough.

i always took it as there "waterproof street wear" range ???
if i put super-glue in a non stick frying pan whose lying??????????
JACKETS:
.OLF, X3
.logan's closet custom black XO
.belstaff, black prince, three band

l0fielectronic

Fake "I Am Legend" Jacket example

Postby l0fielectronic » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:37 pm

Here are some photos of the 'suspected' fake eBay item mentioned in the posts above. From looking online many if not all of the fake 'I am Legend' jackets seem to share these factors - I can see a couple of sites still selling them online too. Hopefully this will be of some help as even if a seller posts poor quality photos things the logo in the back of the jacket should be an easy spot.

eBay item on left, genuine items on right.

fake ebay item - 1.jpg

fake ebay item - 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

l0fielectronic

Postby l0fielectronic » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:39 pm

fake ebay item - 3.jpg

fake ebay item - 3a.jpg

fake ebay item - 4.jpg

Having some upload issues so have posted over two posts. Hope this might help someone in the future.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheStuntman

Postby TheStuntman » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:04 am

Hey Guys
Got a question, trying to pick up a Belstaff Gilet/Waistcoat/Body Warmer/WHATEVER! I have the Legend in a Medium. But since the jacket is overly large. What size should I grab? Anyone own one that they use with their Legend? I actually prefer the Waistcoat to the standard button-in Gilet, just seem more versatile. Any clues guys? I am trying to grab a Malenotti version but they are getting pretty scarce. So I may have to break down and buy the current (cringes :facepalm:) Labelux version. That is unless someone makes a generic one that will fit the Belstaff button system.

Thanks in advance!
Stunt :grin:
"Be water, my friend" - Bruce Lee

CRB

Postby CRB » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:37 am

When I had a large Legend the store told me to size down so I bought a Medium and that worked fine. I've since sold the Large and bought a Medium legend and somehow the medium liner still fits fine. They are roomy so I think a medium would be fine for you. Like you say though finding one in medium is going to be hard now but you could look at eBay item 301216075346

ctrl_alt_delete

Postby ctrl_alt_delete » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:56 am

Hi, I'd just like to add that I saw a fake Trialmaster Legend once and the thing that I noticed most was that it smelt of vinyl and not waxed cotton.

gerryburtier

Postby gerryburtier » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:21 am

After 7 years of searching, I FINALLY have my hands on my very own Trialmaster Legend, took me ages to find one in size small.
I would like to let you all know that it is a glorious beast, I love it :-)

My top 5 jackets now:

1. Trialmaster Legend
2. Belstaff Hero
3. Belstaff Panther (Black/Brown)
4. Belstaff Cougar (Antique Black)
5. Belstaff Delta Blouson
My Jackets:

Belstaff: Delta Blouson, Panther, Hero x 2, Cougar, Brad, RAF Button Blouson

Misc: Wested Minority Report Jacket, Drive Scorpion Jacket, Novak 24 Jacket

CRB

Postby CRB » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:27 am

Anyone would think you were a Belstaff fan ?! Congrats on the catch, smalls are rare in the Legend

Return to “Film Jackets”